AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/30/groove-coaster-going-to-arcades-in-japan/

Quote: Joystiq
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/01/groovecoasterbooster.jpg

Groove Coaster is moving from its extremely portable iOS format to the least portable format possible: a dedicated arcade machine. Taito has revealed plans for an arcade version of Reisuke Ishida's touchscreen music game, for release in Japan only this winter.

Rather than a touchscreen, the arcade game uses a mysterious "BOOSTER" system, seen above. Is it an Etch-a-Sketch type situation? We don't know. We do know that Taito promises a "very different control experience" from both other music games and the existing Groove Coasters.

The cabinet will make its debut at the Japan Amusement Expo on February 15 and 16. If you have an iOS device and haven't tried Groove Coaster, get Groove Coaster Zero for free and check it out. Put your headphones on if you're at work.

I'll have to try this out...

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-02-01 01:08:31am 11.2 years ago

Offline TimeWalker
TimeWalker Avatar Member
76 Posts
Switzerland
Reg. 2012-07-24

3DS Friend Code: 2707 1657 0860Game Center Nickname: Time Walker
Took some time till the news about the Arcade version hit other sites.
Sounds quite interesting. Too bad it's only in Japan as usual.

Post #3 · Posted at 2014-05-23 11:34:48am 9.9 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
Quadrasputnik Avatar Banned
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Game Center Nickname: Bravelion765

Last updated: 2014-05-23 11:34am
How can an arcade from europe get a Rhythmvaders cabinet?

For those who don't know, rhythmvaders is the localized version of GC ARC. The NESiCA X Live system stays, but it has been renamed to IC Card.

Quote: TimeWalker
Took some time till the news about the Arcade version hit other sites.
Sounds quite interesting. Too bad it's only in Japan as usual.

It's not only in japan.

Look: http://rhythmvaders.com/
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #4 · Posted at 2014-05-23 12:30:45pm 9.9 years ago

Offline al2k4
al2k4 Avatar Admin
9,387 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-01

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6451-2397-9509
"BEMANI Sound Team"

Last updated: 2014-05-23 12:31pm
You do realise that post was made in February 2013 right? I don't think it was localised back then.

I don't see this ever coming to Europe to be honest unless Taito is feeling extremely generous to the North American/European markets.

Post #5 · Posted at 2014-05-23 05:47:41pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Quote: al2k4
You do realise that post was made in February 2013 right? I don't think it was localised back then.

I don't see this ever coming to Europe to be honest unless Taito is feeling extremely generous to the North American/European markets.

Then why did taito make the english rhythmvaders website?
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #6 · Posted at 2014-05-23 06:32:03pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Quote: Quadrasputnik
This is for the Asian market (Basically China/Thailand/Singapore/Korea/areas outside Japan but not Western)

Post #7 · Posted at 2014-05-23 07:57:53pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Quote: Max
This is for the Asian market (Basically China/Thailand/Singapore/Korea/areas outside Japan but not Western)

How did you know that? Because it's only playable in china and taiwan?
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #8 · Posted at 2014-05-23 08:07:38pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1148-0077

Last updated: 2014-05-23 08:07pm

It's not localised for a western audience, and Taito aren't pitching it to western distributors, so there's no path to market.

Any western arcade could theoretically buy a machine from an asian arcade and have it privately imported, but that would be insane, and no arcade is going to do it.

Post #9 · Posted at 2014-05-24 09:47:32am 9.9 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Quote: Tyma

It's not localised for a western audience, and Taito aren't pitching it to western distributors, so there's no path to market.

Any western arcade could theoretically buy a machine from an asian arcade and have it privately imported, but that would be insane, and no arcade is going to do it.

So what would be the only way to play it? Wait a decade until it's emulated?
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #10 · Posted at 2014-05-24 03:19:41pm 9.9 years ago

Offline jbean3535
jbean3535 Avatar Member
554 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-21

Or you could just grab any iOS device and play it.

Post #11 · Posted at 2014-05-24 09:52:21pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Quote: jbean3535

Or you could just grab any iOS device and play it.

But then I won't be able to use big buttons on flat joysticks.
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #12 · Posted at 2014-05-24 10:15:52pm 9.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
My my, you sure do ask a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of questions.

And aren't satisfied with what you get as well. Be patient dude, I never would have imagined myself playing DDR 2013, IIDX SPADA, Sound Voltex Booth, Pop N' Music Sunny Park, and Punch-Mania (god tier game lol) for a long time, eventually they will come out to regions that are not being sold to, and if you have no one in your area that has any of the games, work hard to build up a collection so that you get those games and so that you can share/play them to your hearts content. Konami/Taito/Capcom/whoever game developer is not going to hand you a golden platter of awesome all the time, they will cut borders and/or not even bother with giving a different audience/region a 'true' experience, you just have to deal with it. Over time, the fans will eventually bring it over to places that have flown under Konami's/rhythm game company's radar and there you go, you have it. Just, be, patient.

If you're wondering why your points are in the red, it's probably because of this. Not to be harsh or anything, just wanted to post what I feel needed to be posted from the kinds of posts you've been making.

Post #13 · Posted at 2014-05-24 10:54:51pm 9.9 years ago

Offline RevAddict5
RevAddict5 Avatar Member
751 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-06-10

"Bigger avatars when?"

And the problem is? Like jbean said, just play an iOS version. So what if you don't get to play on buttons and flat joysticks, big deal. It's the most convenient option available, and it's not worth the trouble of finding an arcade cabinet.

Post #14 · Posted at 2014-05-27 08:36:58am 9.8 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Last updated: 2014-05-27 08:36am
Quote: RevAddict5

And the problem is? Like jbean said, just play an iOS version. So what if you don't get to play on buttons and flat joysticks, big deal. It's the most convenient option available, and it's not worth the trouble of finding an arcade cabinet.

But I've already unlocked almost every song in the game, and I want to start again with something new!

Also, the GCARC website was updated with this extra feature called ''my page''. I guess you need a NESiCA account for it, though. What is my page?
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #15 · Posted at 2014-05-27 10:03:38am 9.8 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"
Just so you know it might be pointless to import the cabinet to Europe. It is very possible that the game locks out any unregistered arcade or any network that is using the cabinet outside of the authorized territories. The easiest thing I can compare it to is e-amuse. You buy a jubeat Saucer cabinet and it pretty much just becomes a huge paperweight.

Also trust me it is not worth the hassle of trying to get one of these cabinets...
a. They are extremely expensive especially because the only ones for sale are brand new
b. The shipping, customs, taxes and other fees are going to be insane because of the weight, dimensions and where the cabinet is coming from.
c. The cabinet will never make it's money back. Even at $2 a game, let's say you spend about $16,000 for everything. That is 8,000 plays needed without factoring in maintenance or electricity the game uses.

You are quite literally in over your head if you want to import this game right now. Wait 3 or 4 years and grab one at about half the price and when more details about the game surface before you buy the biggest paperweight ever.

Post #16 · Posted at 2014-05-27 10:32:11am 9.8 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Quote: Kon
Just so you know it might be pointless to import the cabinet to Europe. It is very possible that the game locks out any unregistered arcade or any network that is using the cabinet outside of the authorized territories. The easiest thing I can compare it to is e-amuse. You buy a jubeat Saucer cabinet and it pretty much just becomes a huge paperweight.

Also trust me it is not worth the hassle of trying to get one of these cabinets...
a. They are extremely expensive especially because the only ones for sale are brand new
b. The shipping, customs, taxes and other fees are going to be insane because of the weight, dimensions and where the cabinet is coming from.
c. The cabinet will never make it's money back. Even at $2 a game, let's say you spend about $16,000 for everything. That is 8,000 plays needed without factoring in maintenance or electricity the game uses.

You are quite literally in over your head if you want to import this game right now. Wait 3 or 4 years and grab one at about half the price and when more details about the game surface before you buy the biggest paperweight ever.

You have a few points, especially the price and weight, but isn't it possible to set up a private server?
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #17 · Posted at 2014-05-27 10:51:39am 9.8 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"

Last updated: 2014-05-27 10:52am
Its not as easy as "setting up a private server". The game needs specific pieces in place in order to run and function. You would have to likely reverse engineer some parts of the game to find out how things are used on the server/game and on top of that actually code the server to function the way the game needs it to. I doubt you have the knowledge to do that. You may also need to crack the game's encryption and modify data so it will connect to your server. There are so many problems with this whole scenario its not even worth contemplating.

Just. Don't.

Post #18 · Posted at 2014-05-27 11:30:20am 9.8 years ago

Offline Quadrasputnik
191 Posts
Netherlands
Reg. 2013-07-18

Quote: Kon
Its not as easy as "setting up a private server". The game needs specific pieces in place in order to run and function. You would have to likely reverse engineer some parts of the game to find out how things are used on the server/game and on top of that actually code the server to function the way the game needs it to. I doubt you have the knowledge to do that. You may also need to crack the game's encryption and modify data so it will connect to your server. There are so many problems with this whole scenario its not even worth contemplating.

Just. Don't.

Okay then. I'll just wait a year and see how things go.

In the meantime, can you tell me anything about this mysterious composer ''E.G.G.''?
Nu Heat is Max Headroom.

Post #19 · Posted at 2014-11-24 08:50:00am 9.4 years ago

Offline Lokamp
Lokamp Avatar Member
214 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-12-30

Last updated: 2014-11-24 08:50am

In the meantime, can you tell me anything about this mysterious composer ''E.G.G.''?

Well, the guy's identity is still a mystery, as far as the Internet knows. The only known facts about him and his works are that its kickname is an acronym for 'Everything Get Groove', and that his songs' titles (so far) can be re-arranged for secret messages about their status as 'Boss Songs' for the game.

Got More Raves? can be scrambled into 'Groove Master?', while Got a Pain Cover? can be sorted out as 'Groove Captain?'

Post #20 · Posted at 2014-11-24 09:15:32am 9.4 years ago

Offline cali_surfer_788
cali_surfer_788 Avatar Member
741 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-11-04

Last updated: 2014-11-24 09:15am
Got a pain cover and Got more raves sound way too similar, and both sound fairly amateurishly made. Raves is definitely the better of the two.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-16 17:49:15
This page took 0.032 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language