The Second Florida Thread

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #421 · Posted at 2014-04-19 05:28:00pm 10 years ago

Offline ryudo987
ryudo987 Avatar Member
20 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-06-23

@TBLKitten You should post when you plan on going out there again. Its a bit of a drive for me but wouldnt mind meeting you out there even if its Extreme. I am available any time on Wednesday, Thursday, or before 4 on Friday's. I can make some exceptions on weekends but it would be an unknown time based on when I get out of work sometime between 11 and 1pm.

Post #422 · Posted at 2014-04-19 09:26:33pm 10 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"
Quote: ryudo987
@TBLKitten You should post when you plan on going out there again. Its a bit of a drive for me but wouldnt mind meeting you out there even if its Extreme. I am available any time on Wednesday, Thursday, or before 4 on Friday's. I can make some exceptions on weekends but it would be an unknown time based on when I get out of work sometime between 11 and 1pm.

can't; i have exams for this entire next 2 weeks. sorry man, but you should at least go to the place; they have REALLY good pads.

Post #423 · Posted at 2014-04-20 04:13:49am 10 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Just letting you guys know that my friend is going to have his schedule changed, he has oITG in his house with all the DDR, ITG, and whatever packs are available on his machine.

Also, booked a room for DDR Storm XIV, if anyone of you guys need a room/are looking for a room for DDR Storm let me know and I can add you to the list. As for a ride, I might have an option for that but I would have to talk to the guy who is giving me ride to Storm.

Post #424 · Posted at 2014-04-21 05:30:33pm 10 years ago

Offline ryudo987
ryudo987 Avatar Member
20 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-06-23

@TBLKitten I get what you are saying but for me 4 panel has lost its appeal until we get 2013 in Orlando; so for me to drive 45 minutes to play Extreme alone is never going to happen hence why I asked you when you were going again because I wouldn't mind meeting new people regardless of game. I'll play anything if it means hanging out with people but if I am playing something alone 45 minutes away I am driving to play PIU Fiesta 2 in Orlando LOL

Post #425 · Posted at 2014-04-21 05:58:32pm 10 years ago

Offline no dice
no dice Avatar Member
107 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-10-15

"Don't get depressed!"
Quote: ryudo987
@TBLKitten I get what you are saying but for me 4 panel has lost its appeal until we get 2013 in Orlando; so for me to drive 45 minutes to play Extreme alone is never going to happen hence why I asked you when you were going again because I wouldn't mind meeting new people regardless of game. I'll play anything if it means hanging out with people but if I am playing something alone 45 minutes away I am driving to play PIU Fiesta 2 in Orlando LOL

I can't wait until we get 2013. It shouldn't be too much longer now.

DQ's Fiesta 2 machine is so nice. Their X2 machine is decent at times, but if people are playing PIU, there's no point since you can barely hear the machine. Do you come to Orlando often?

Post #426 · Posted at 2014-04-22 04:57:37pm 10 years ago

Offline ryudo987
ryudo987 Avatar Member
20 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-06-23

@No Dice I am typically there every Thursday with Crev and numerous others.

Post #427 · Posted at 2014-04-22 05:32:51pm 10 years ago

Offline no dice
no dice Avatar Member
107 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-10-15

"Don't get depressed!"
Cool, he's a good friend of mine. I'm probably going to go out there Thursday when I get out of work.

Post #428 · Posted at 2014-04-22 07:19:04pm 10 years ago

Offline ryudo987
ryudo987 Avatar Member
20 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-06-23

what time is that??

Post #429 · Posted at 2014-04-22 07:26:15pm 10 years ago

Offline no dice
no dice Avatar Member
107 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-10-15

"Don't get depressed!"
I get off at 5. Coming from Winter Park, I should get there around 5:45 depending on traffic.

Post #430 · Posted at 2014-04-22 07:32:23pm 10 years ago

Offline ryudo987
ryudo987 Avatar Member
20 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-06-23

ive probably met you there numerous times already

Post #431 · Posted at 2014-04-26 07:44:10pm 10 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"

Last updated: 2014-04-26 09:48pm
heading out to celebration station here in a few minutes; will update machine condition (haven't done it in a while) + record scores

Lots of kids. Ugh. I only have 2 hours here, too.

Edit: pads are still working nicely as usual. Got some scores, will post when i get home

Other than little kids stomping on the pads, i had a nice time

Post #432 · Posted at 2014-04-27 02:12:00pm 10 years ago

Offline xiga
xiga Avatar Member
19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-10-24

Just reminding people, if you're in Tampa and want to play ITG/DDR let me know I have an upgrade with all DDR/ITG and custom packs (around 15k songs right now?) facebook.com/xiga.0

Post #433 · Posted at 2014-04-27 08:34:36pm 10 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"

Last updated: 2014-04-27 08:37pm
so I decided to go back again today, trying to beat some new records.

lost my phone so I couldn't take any pictures Sad
however something did kind of happen to me; a LOT of birthday parties are happening this weekend for some reason (the entire place is PACKED), so when I pulled up there I was like *ohhhh god.* but everyone generally goes to the outdoor attractions other than the arcade. so the machine never really get's anyone crowding it.

I get to the machine; nobody's on it. perfect! after around 15 minutes of practicing, I decide to try and clear off a boss song.

i'm playing MAXX UNLIMITED (the last max song I need to pass, i don't care about my PA/GA on these songs), so near the end of the song; this kid runs full speed ahead right near my feet. as a person trying to pass a boss song, i'm bracketing to keep my balance and my energy; and where does this kid step? right under my foot where I slam HARD because of the ending jump.

the kid starts crying and looks at me like I committed bloody murder; his dad sees it, comes up to me and just goes wild and curses at me, calling me all sorts of names yet I didn't do shit. I tried to explain to him that I was just playing the game and that he ran under my foot, but he wouldn't listen.

eventually he calmed down and stormed off with his child, one of the arcade mechanic's of the place saw it and asked if I was o.k; which I was, I had a good laugh out of it; but he gave me an extra 75 credits worth loaded onto the machine (roughly 15 free games?) so it all worked out in the end for me Wink

oh and I passed MAXX UNLIMITED Heavy with a B rating Smile

Post #434 · Posted at 2014-04-28 12:18:07am 10 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Quote: TBLKitten
...oh and I passed MAXX UNLIMITED Heavy with a B rating Smile
And with that story behind it? NOICE hahahaha Smile

By the way, MetroCon will be having the DDR Machine again this year.

And it WILL* be DDR 2013. So for those that were eager on going, I would think this confirmation is your reason to come, as well as meeting me and other players Tongue

* while it was promised, there may be circumstances that may happen which could prevent the version from appearing, but in any case the guys who own the machine will try their hardest to bring 2013 to MetroCon.

Post #435 · Posted at 2014-04-28 03:37:58am 10 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"

Last updated: 2014-04-28 03:47am
Quote: Max
Quote: TBLKitten
...oh and I passed MAXX UNLIMITED Heavy with a B rating Smile
And with that story behind it? NOICE hahahaha Smile

By the way, MetroCon will be having the DDR Machine again this year.

And it WILL* be DDR 2013. So for those that were eager on going, I would think this confirmation is your reason to come, as well as meeting me and other players Tongue

* while it was promised, there may be circumstances that may happen which could prevent the version from appearing, but in any case the guys who own the machine will try their hardest to bring 2013 to MetroCon.

even if it isn't a 2013 cabinet i'm still going to go; even though there's going to be a lonnnngg line of people there. Blushing

will be nice to meet some of you guys; even though I suck compared to most of you. haha

also no food or drink in the game room? if I can't drink any water, i'm going to die. literally.

also if i'm not playing DDR i'll probably just be playing jubeat on my android, heh.

Post #436 · Posted at 2014-04-28 06:37:16am 9.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

"Charlie isn't real"
Pfffttt, last year they had Dr. Pepper bottles inside the game room + BAWLS, they either snuck it in or they honestly didn't care. Hell I brought a water bottle with me and they didn't stop me at the checkpoint. I know they do it as a pre-cautionary measure and all, but there are ways to sneak it in, no big deal, if anything just find me and I can get you a drink and sneak it in.

It's going to be a crazy weekend, thing is I am only going to get a Saturday pass for the convention (although since I may be rooming with the machine owners again like last year I am going to try and see if I can get a weekend pass simply for helping out with the game room a.k.a volunteer pass).

Jubeat on Android? Damn, if only you had an iPad/iDevice I would versus you. We could probably versus, but only if you have the same songs as I do on both versions. I have all song packs on jukebeat and quite a lot on jubeat plus.

Oh, and if they are bringing 2013 then that means they will be selling e-amusement cards there (but only a few, or maybe more if they placed an order for more cards from Japan), they are also selling DDR games and merch this year as well (like the official DDR SN2 shirt Smile ) so there will be things to buy from them this year that is pretty cool to own (and I mean, if you plan on playing DDR 2013 you just GOT to buy an e-amuse card, it's something that you will need if you want to play any of the current BEMANI games that are slowly being released/importing to America).

On xiga's side of the spectrum, there are plans of getting more BEMANI machines down the line but it's going to take some time, currently he owns an EXTREME converted into oITG with pretty much all song packs, and a Pop N' Stage machine, an extremely rare arcade game outside of Asia/Japan. Hopefully by next year things can start gearing into motion and he can get the machines he needs to build up a good BEMANI arcade collection.

As for me, I need another job so I can get my own machines down the line. Looking at you jubeat and DDR.

Post #437 · Posted at 2014-04-28 11:08:55am 9.9 years ago

Offline xiga
xiga Avatar Member
19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-10-24

On xiga's side of the spectrum, there are plans of getting more BEMANI machines down the line but it's going to take some time, currently he owns an EXTREME converted into oITG with pretty much all song packs, and a Pop N' Stage machine, an extremely rare arcade game outside of Asia/Japan. Hopefully by next year things can start gearing into motion and he can get the machines he needs to build up a good BEMANI arcade collection.

As for me, I need another job so I can get my own machines down the line. Looking at you jubeat and DDR.

We're looking at getting a Pop'n Music first. Then I'll be looking into something a little more pricey such as Jubeat or Sound Voltex. There are a few issues surrounding why we can't get more machines quicker at the moment. But I'll say some time this year we should have AT LEAST a pop'n music. There are tons of machines I plan on getting so just be patient and I'll do the best I can.

Post #438 · Posted at 2014-04-28 06:36:42pm 9.9 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"

Last updated: 2014-04-28 06:42pm

Jubeat on Android? Damn, if only you had an iPad/iDevice I would versus you. We could probably versus, but only if you have the same songs as I do on both versions. I have all song packs on jukebeat and quite a lot on jubeat plus..

it is incredibly hard to find a working version of jubeat on my device (i had to go through 2 weeks of jailbreaking until I could find a working copy), i tried one for android but it only had shitty vocaloid music, and the other didn't even boot. thankfully my friend managed to find a working, non-laggy copy where I could download music packs onto it.

as for the PNS cabinet
i've never seen a pop'n stage cabinet ever; (i've seen them around on bemanisows every now and then), the cabinet looks really awesome; even though the end games say *you are winner* or *you are loser*, it's still a really nice machine.

i'll be one of the first to buy an e-amusement pass Puppy Face, my brother is driving me there and taking all his friends; so we're going to get there pretty early along with the other early people (4 am, maybe earlier)

Post #439 · Posted at 2014-04-28 08:48:37pm 9.9 years ago

Offline xiga
xiga Avatar Member
19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-10-24

Here is the pop'n stage cab http://i.imgur.com/brMx7W2.jpg?1

and the ITG upgrade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dckp7pZY8U

Post #440 · Posted at 2014-04-28 11:34:28pm 9.9 years ago

Offline TBLKitten
TBLKitten Avatar Member
549 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-01-29

"HAPPY☆SPENDY☆MONEY"

Last updated: 2014-04-28 11:48pm
Quote: xiga

nice

what's the story behind that PNS cab?

also that cabinet looks beautiful; the LED's look nice in the dark
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 05:21:22
This page took 0.027 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language