Logo

[Question] information on ripping models from DDR games and adding them to stepmania?

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2013-01-23 04:34:40am 11.2 years ago

Offline KOManiac/Yatterhog
KOManiac/Yatterhog Avatar Member
19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-05-11

Hello, James Lee McKigney here after a while of being away with a question about character models and how to make them for stepmania.

It seems like no big deal to some but I would like to rip the models and textures from the game disks and put them inside stepmania using the Blender 3D model program to insert the bone files and all of that. I need a guide on how to do that and I will see that the characters are made to download after through testing and game play. If someone can get me that information then I would deeply appreciate it.

--- Jim

Post #2 · Posted at 2013-01-23 04:42:14am 11.2 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
You need a guide on how to rip things from a cd or a guide on how to do something in Blender?

Post #3 · Posted at 2013-01-23 06:14:34am 11.2 years ago

19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-05-11

Quote: Aegis
You need a guide on how to rip things from a cd or a guide on how to do something in Blender?

Actually I need a guide on both. ripping models and textures from game cds and making stepmania characters on blender. If that's possible and not too much to ask then could you please teach me? Thanks in advance.

Post #4 · Posted at 2013-01-23 06:26:10am 11.2 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Do you have any knowledge of programming?

Back in the days of DDRManiaX there was a user named andrewOPL who did this very thing. He natively ripped the textures of the characters and the model data and converted it into something Something StepMania could use. Some people know this as the CCR project, and those characters are still floating around the internet. The project eventually fell away and he left the community but not before handing over all his data relating to the project.

If raw code and data diving is something you feel comfortable with, I can pass that data along to help you get a leg up.

Post #5 · Posted at 2013-01-23 06:39:20am 11.2 years ago

19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-05-11

Quote: AeronPeryton
Do you have any knowledge of programming?

Back in the days of DDRManiaX there was a user named andrewOPL who did this very thing. He natively ripped the textures of the characters and the model data and converted it into something Something StepMania could use. Some people know this as the CCR project, and those characters are still floating around the internet. The project eventually fell away and he left the community but not before handing over all his data relating to the project.

If raw code and data diving is something you feel comfortable with, I can pass that data along to help you get a leg up.

Well if that's what it's going to take then I'll do it. Class is in session in my case. So How do I do it?

Post #6 · Posted at 2013-01-23 07:49:22am 11.2 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26999882/temp/chararipping.zip

I've kept this for years but I never actually tried to do anything with it, glad it could be of use to someone. Hope it helps.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 07:23:50
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language