Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"

Last updated: 2012-11-24 01:27pm
I found a couple spots in the code where Autogen courses and stepcharts are made, although it still defaults to the back-and-forth porting of Single to everything else, using an unlisted modifier similar to Mirror/Shuffle/etc.

So what I was thinking of was making another, new modifier that's based on transitioning Double charts to Single/Solo where available, and then using that as a secondary/fallback one, so that in the newer builds, 6-panel mode will utilize double chart patterns/rhythms where they appear, and making it so that if you can only be bothered to do one good chart for a song, a Double Heavy will eventually cover all of your bases.

They way the modifier appears to work is by resetting the "column IDs," so the present one goes like:

1234----
-1234---
--1234--

...and so forth.

The idea here is to take Double, and remap that across the modes, and fall back to the older style if it's not there.

Double:

> Solo:

> Single:

That's the big one I'm hoping to implement... somehow.

Maybe along with stretching autogen courses to a max of 6 stages, and defaulting them on their "Hard" setting with ONI stages (so you know, they'll actually APPEAR if they're Challenge-only songs, instead of being counted but not listed, and then pushed to the end of the stage order); and then taking the 6 hardest-Standard songs of each group, and making an "autogen Boss Rush" for them.

Finally, using quantization to generate other charts from Heavy.

Challenge may take some preplanning/foresight, but the idea here is to insert ITG-style tricks into the Heavy charts, and slightly alter them, based on what the charts are doing. More on that later.

Standard Kind of like Cut1 on DDR X2/3, but limits the 1/8 notes to two per measure. 1/16s can appear, but only if there's a 1/8 opening between them and the step before it. (4606) in DWI format will become (4006) instead, for instance. (Upbeat gallops will generate upbeat sequences, too.)

Light Kind of like Cut2, but allows a single 1/8 per measure if a full beat is spaced between them, similarly to above.

Beginner Begins with Cut2. Any jumps that aren't LR or DU are eliminated first, or if the measure would otherwise be empty, (LD or UR jumps become UD, L-U or D-R jumps become LR). Consecutive steps are retained if they match, otherwise alternating steps are eliminated. Holds remain, but steps (or additional holds) during holds are removed.

Challenge modifications will be determined by stepchart behavior, although priority order may take some working...

Jumping Sequences: add a mine during each jump, based on where a non-repeated arrow was in the previous note; add shocks/mine rows where onbeats are empty

Streaming Sequences: addmines, "left" to the steps (where mined)

Freeze Arrow/Tap Sequences: shuffle-shift the non-freeze arrow sequences, replace original positions with mines

Technical (spaced 1/16s) Sequences: convert onbeat steps to freezes, onbeat freezes to jumps (copy/mirror), onbeat jumps to shocks/mines (all arrows)

Voltage (consecutive 1/16s) Sequences: Annoyed not sure about this one, actually.

Skipping (noticible 1/16 pattern) Sequences: Just add "echo" mod.

Jackhammers: Just add "quick" mod.

From first step's measure:

First 16 measures: Mirror
Second 16 measures: LR-reversed
Third 16 measures: Mirror
Fourth 16 measures: UD-reversed
(repeat)

Now that design is in place... how hard do you think this stuff will be to implement (correctly)? Programming sometimes has a way of doing what it wants, sometimes... Roll Eyes
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 10:30:28
This page took 0.003 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language