Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2012-11-06 01:08:55am 11.3 years ago

Offline pez
pez Avatar Member
3 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-11-06

Last updated: 2012-11-06 01:10am
So really I need to rant about my current first world problems! Please bare with me, I'll try to summarize this at the end. Smile I have gotten extremely close to passing 16s on ITG upgrade and dedicab machines when I do get to play every month or so, but I often find myself in walks of life in general where I am no where near a machine. Because of this, I have tried many solutions, such as working on perfecting a lightweight arcade like modular pad/bar combination (which is still in progress and is taking a while to work on due to needing very precisely welded parts), staying in shape and getting active in other sports, playing other rhythm games, and finally try out 2 different kinds of homepads.

The issue is, I'm a college student who goes places over the summer/off at internships and such during school, so I simply do not have the security of knowing I will have a way to improve my skills at the game unless I can RELY on a piece of hardware to help me improve. That being said, the cobalt flux I currently own is not penny modded, and I have not tried to adjust debounce times in stepmania either, but some arrows mistrigger and I have barely been able to pass 12's on it with extremely low scores. (70 or below). I'm afraid that playing on a homepad is just going to make it harder for me to get back into my stamina form once I do go and play on an arcade cabinet again. So is the cobalt flux really worth training on? Is it worth trying to mod it? I've seen a video of Sudzi passing a 17 on the cobalt flux, so I feel like maybe the mod will help, but I really need some convincing. Many people have told me the penny mod doesn't actually make much a difference, and neither do debounce times. Sad

I've also honestly considered dropping ITG altogether in favor of pump, since I know own a pump machine and they seem to appear much more frequently than ITG machines so I just don't need to deal with the heartache! Sad I don't know what to do.... I would be passing much harder charts by now if I could just have a machine near me! But then again, I know that IN TIME I will have a good ITG homepad design as I'm working on R2, just can't force myself to do it while working/taking classes too much or I'll burn myself. So I could technically just force myself to forget about ITG in favor of pump until I finish my homepad? BUT THEN I CANT PLAY DOUBLES! NOOOO! I've also considered just getting an SUV and 4 panel machine so I can just take 1 pad with me wherever I travel so I won't have to even worry about finishing my homepad. Blah. Arg. T_T

Clearly there is alot to consider, and I realize I could just stop playing dance games all together and start training for marathons instead by running just to AVOID ALL OF THIS but I really like dance games Sad So yeah. Ugh.

TLDR: Travel alot, can't be near a machine most of the time, is working with the cobalt flux for now even worth it? Should I adjust my form to accomodate the homepad and re-coop my losses later or should I just try to get good at pump with the broken machine I have close to me and get rid of the cobalt flux? Advice?

Post #2 · Posted at 2012-11-14 02:40:28pm 11.3 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
Ryu_Hirakashi Avatar Member
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

I feel your pain. I don't live anywhere near a dedicab, and I'm so sick of DDR. My ability just isn't improving with DDR. I unfortunately didn't get a a cobalt flux before they went out of business. I wouldn't mind a home set-up but with no decent pads available what is a poor guy to do?

I love dance games just as much as you do. I want my own dedicab, but I'm poor. In your situation you're going to have to find a way to continue to play to maintain your stamina.

BTW: I run 50 miles a week and have been running for almost 20 years. So you could still consider running. It's the best of both worlds IMOH.

Post #3 · Posted at 2012-11-14 04:48:55pm 11.3 years ago

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"
Quote: Ryu_Hirakashi
My ability just isn't improving with DDR.

I love dance games just as much as you do.

You mean arrow-mashing game?

Quote: Ryu_Hirakashi
IMOH.

heh heh heh

Personally I think that if you just need the stamina, try the PIU machine. My friends who play it says so (their charts are crazy and stamina draining as there's lots of crazy shit going on). Their timing windows is as wide as a hooker though.

Don't let the Cobalt Flux go, they're hard to come across (and personally if I ever have a metal pad I'll hold onto it for dear life).
And though I don't know about modding Cobalt Fluxes, I'd give it a try.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #4 · Posted at 2012-11-15 01:16:17am 11.3 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Or you could do what I do and not play and enjoy the other amazing things in life.
And eventually you'll play on a dedicab and love the moment when you do get to play it.

Post #5 · Posted at 2012-12-03 10:53:32am 11.2 years ago

Offline Dreamboy
Dreamboy Avatar Member
100 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-01-07

For anyone who travels (or happens to live close enough), I know of an ITG upgrade cabinet (that can also run DDR EXTREME) in West Virginia. The owner might be willing to let people play, so if anyone is interested, post here or PM me.
If you are taking the time to read this, then why don't you be my friend?

My GrooveStats

My 1x no bar scores

dancegamesolutions
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 36% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 06:49:16
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language