Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2012-08-16 12:03:30pm 11.6 years ago

Offline Freezepond
Freezepond Avatar Member
437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-10

"hey knucklehead"
Hey, I am really into DDR and I have been looking for a good pad for a while, but I can never seem to find ones that I can afford. (I have no money.) I have also been looking for an arcade with a DDR machine somewhere near Goldsboro, NC, but there is barely anything in this small town. Does anyone know of a place around here that might be opening soon?

Also, I have seen the map location for "Daaante's House", but I don't think any of my parents would want to take me out that far just to play some games. Any information will be helpful.
hey knucklehead

Post #2 · Posted at 2012-08-16 12:43:44pm 11.6 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Well, if you've already looked at the arcade locator and found nothing within your area, sucks to say but you're out of luck in terms of arcades :/

Getting DDR pads is easy, buying them depends on your skill level and how much you are willing to throw down on a mat (and many, many factors not listed above). Usually, the KONAMI pads that come with the game are suitable for Beginner - Standard play, playing 888 Challenge IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN on those pads. Modifying the already existing pad however could boost the retainability of the pad, but it's still going to mess you up a bit since it isn't something sturdy or "responsive" enough to your "footwurk".

Metal pads are pretty expensive, plus take into account that since they are BIG and PRETTY HEAVY (some are, some aren't) and the shipping will be a BITCH, you will need serious consideration before buying one. There was a time where I got a TX-9000 for only $99, and it lasted me a good year of Standard/Difficult and Heavy/Expert sessions. Then it crapped on me and I had nothing to do :c

If you are old enough, get a job and start saving up money for a pad. If you aren't, try begging your parents about one, and let them know the benefits of DDR and the jaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzz. Who knows? It may work to your end Smile (Note: Make sure if you get one to get one that has the connections for your console/PC. Configuring it may be hard, but that's what this site is here for).

Happy hunting and best of luck finding a location in your area Tongue

Oh and .gif time

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8kxpjevR51rnpufk.gif

Post #3 · Posted at 2012-08-17 03:11:45am 11.6 years ago

Offline Freezepond
Freezepond Avatar Member
437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-07-10

"hey knucklehead"

Last updated: 2012-08-17 03:12am
As far as skill goes, I think I am worthy of a good pad. I completed Vertex on Hard and got a B+ once with a soft pad, nothing to support me, and the only thing holding it down was 2 eight pound weights. I could do that with no problem, but when I tried Vertex on Expert the pad slipped backwards and the crumbled. Also, I already found the kind of pad I am looking for on eBay. It is compatable with PS3, PS2, and PC. I figured out a way to make money, lots of people have done it before, but my idea uses controllers instead. Here it is:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/howtomakemoneyh.png
I am sure I can't get the money for the pad within the time it is off the list, but there is always going to be another one. Big Grin
Anyway, thanks.
hey knucklehead
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-20 00:20:32
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language