Age and DDR

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2012-08-05 05:56:31am 11.6 years ago

Offline Ventus_DDR
Ventus_DDR Avatar Member
48 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2012-06-22

Now I'm 22 years old, but I started playing DDR when I was 11 years old. At first it was a bit difficult to me because I didn't have enough experience, but when I was 13 or 14 I was able to pass songs in Standard. When I was 15, I started to play in Heavy but I still had trouble improving and I only could play songs with 6 or 7 foot rating, and I stopped playing for one year (I still can't remember why I stopped playing).

When I was 16 I bought DDR MAX2 and I was getting more experience and I could pass some songs in Heavy, but when I first played Maxx Unlimited, I didn't know that songs could become more difficult! Shocked. When I was 18 I started playing seriously, I bought more DDR games and I practiced a lot. Now I'm able to pass many songs with AA, some songs with AAA and very rarely get a AAA PFC. About the boss songs, I still have trouble passing them and I only get A or below, except for Pluto which I could AA Full Combo and some boss songs that are a bit easy like On the Bounce or On The Break.

Post #22 · Posted at 2012-08-05 09:05:37am 11.6 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

I started playing DDR when I was 14, back in 2001. My first home version was DDR USA for PS1. I had trouble keeping rhythm for about a year or so, then I moved on to Trick mode in Konamix, still getting B's (which can be AA's, A's or B's when compared to other mixes). By the time DDRMAX CS came out, I could do 7's and 8's. Then slowly up to 9's by MAX2. My strength is Perfect Attack, rather than stamina. Today, I can get 30-40 something Perfects and the rest Marvelouses on certain songs, usually on Standard. I really started to PFC more charts starting with Supernova 1 CS.

Now i'm 25, and I feel like i've plateaued in terms of stamina. I will probably never surpass passing above 15's (with the exception of a few 16's) and i've always felt like trying harder and doing better at ITG than DDR for some reason. Probably because the stepchart qualities in ITG are far superior to DDR. (They're more fun!) I have passed some Challenge ITG 11's such as The Beginning, Mythology, Xuxa, Utopia, Charlene and Robotix (essentially the weaker 11's.) But DDR boss songs just never really clicked with me. The MAX's aren't really that fun to play, 400BPM charts just seem unrealistically fast, and DDR stepchart qualities on harder stuff is just meh to me.

I don't believe that age limits your physical abilities to play DDR. It's a matter of staying active and fit, eating a healthy diet, and staying hydrated. Stretching your muscles might help out with faster movements as well. I'm not saying that most 60-70+ year olds will pass the majority of Heavy charts, but enough to keep with the rhythm and achieve good scores and PA on slower, easier songs.

Post #23 · Posted at 2012-08-05 10:01:52am 11.6 years ago

Offline reboman
reboman Avatar Member
12 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-06-05

I do worry a little bit about losing a step, literally and figuratively, as I continue to get older. Originally, the people I saw play were generally older; now they're mostly younger. I'm about to turn 27, but I figure I should be fine for a few more years, at least.

Post #24 · Posted at 2012-08-06 06:49:07am 11.6 years ago

Offline seishinbyou
seishinbyou Avatar Member
617 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2010-07-08

Game Center Nickname: aijbot
"Wow, 4 types of corn!"
I don't know about that loss of skill stamina happening too soon for you.

When DDR came out I was 22 years old and by the time Extreme rolled around I could play and AAA almost everything but the harder 10s and thought I would never progress to getting those.

After SN1 came out I was a bit out of practice but I eventually bounced back somewhat close to where I was. SN2 did nothing for me and I struggled to keep up but when X came out I really took off in terms of skill; getting some of the older ones I could never get on Extreme for some reason.

Then X2 came out and it really boosted my skill and stamina. I even finished off everything that was left over from Extreme, and I was 35 then. I had a number of newer songs of harder difficulties under my belt too and that continues to the present where Paranoia Hades is my most recent harder AAA/PFC

There is no ITG in Japan and nobody cares about it here but fortunately the charts and overall play experience of the X series has been stellar and that has really helped me. Age hasn't really played a factor ... yet Smile
http://aaronin.jp/shashin/konmainewbanner.jpg
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 21:14:20
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language