Post #1 · Posted at 2012-07-13 10:59:14am 11.6 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."
So... anyone "play" these? I pretty much only mooch off of the games my mom buys and then doesn't usually play, and then they get lonely so...

We started with Wii Fit. The game, for whoever hasn't even looked at it, includes a bunch of yoga poses and strength exercises using the balance board and the Wii mote. I played it like crazy and I lost like 20 lbs with its help (which is weak given how long I played it, but I was also never fat). I doubt you can lose fast or much weight with this by itself, but especially if you get Plus, it keeps all these dandy charts and things and the jerk always yells at you when you gain weight, so it motivated me to get smaller. xP And it has bunches of stretches and little things to do. Fit Plus comes with the option to set up a sequence of stretches/exercises, which is rather lovely since it goes a lot faster when you're crunching for time.

I'm going to feel lame for admitting I even played this, but she also got the Jillian whoever game. I guess if anyone's legitimately interested in balance board games, I can play it enough to review it, but from the little my sister and I did, it's a fudgeton harder and is actually a workout game. Just noting it here because there is, in fact, a balance board fitness game you can tack on with Wii Fit, and it's probably in the isle of games people want to get rid of and mark down like crazy. :P

Some time later we tried Kinect Fitness. It has a lot of things on Wii Fit, but instead of measuring your balance, Kinect fitness basically scores you based on your whole body. It seems like half of the game wants you to work with your arms and possibly weights, but it does give you a workout. My sister and I are chugging through it right now; it's tiring for us sissies. xD; Also, there's DLC ~ooooooh~ except I haven't bought squat and I never plan to. Seems like just extra exercises and a Pop dance (it already includes a few dances to generic genre music, which are all right).

This is, of course, ignoring the dancing games... it seemed redundant to post about DDR, and Dance Masters, while fun, is more of a game than a workout to me.

I like workout games 'cause, well, they're games... there's always some kind of goal or reward with shiny graphics if you do well, and it makes me wanna come back and play it more. That's why I kinda wanna throw out the idea of trying one out. Anything to get people active is rather nice, even if it's just Wii Fit that gets you off the couch for like ten minutes.

Post #2 · Posted at 2012-07-13 02:23:08pm 11.6 years ago

Offline TheSirius17
TheSirius17 Avatar Member
1,127 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2010-05-23

"Keep the frequency clear."
If you think that those Kinect adventure games give you sweat, there you go.
I'm a DDR player, but never make a AAA.
No, I'm not a IIDX player, but I'm a BMS player.
No, I'm not pnm player, and I haven't play pnm simulator yet.

Post #3 · Posted at 2012-07-13 08:32:33pm 11.6 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
I think they work fine.
People just got to give it their all, try hard, and they'll see great results.

Post #4 · Posted at 2012-07-13 10:12:53pm 11.6 years ago

Offline iNEXSERTiON
iNEXSERTiON Avatar Member+
2,070 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-14

DDR Extreme with the EyeToy really works those arm muscles.
I stole DDR X2 CS from the internet; it's my fault the music game genre is dying.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 11:24:32
This page took 0.004 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language