Post #1 · Posté à 2012-06-25 05:53:50pm il y a 11.7 années

Offline Darkstorm091
Darkstorm091 Avatar Member
575 Messages
United States
Reg. 2009-05-10

"AKA Azaliate"

Last updated: 2012-07-01 02:21am
Figured I'd make a thread to drop all my music I write in for your listening pleasure.

Usually I don't distribute my songs because I never thought they were any good, but having messed around with FL Studio for the last year I think I'm finally satisfied enough with my music and style to open up a thread.

One of my favorite things to do is to come up with pop'n style genres for all the songs I write, so for my amusement the songs posted will all have [pop'n genre] Title / Pseudonym
I also enjoy doing author commentary, as I think it provides great insight into the songs and what the authors were thinking or doing when they were working on the song, so I'll also provide commentary for all of my songs. I reserve the right to do pointless/trivial commentary if I feel the song deserves it

Updates will be irregular, as I don't exactly write songs unless I feel in the mode. This generally means I'll write a song, relax for a while, and then write another song when I get a new idea, whenever that may be.

Anyways, enough rambling blah blah get on with it already. I hear you, so music time.
-----------------------------------------------
[PHASMATIS] SPIRAL COMPLEX / DJ XIELPH

Author Commentary:
The delicate details of life, so finely layered together, create a balance that we hope to maintain in life. When one of these details is shifted or changed, our lives are drastically alterred, and the fine balance we worked so hard to maintain unwinds.

I thought of this as a tight spiral, being held together carefully by everything we do, and then imagined how intricate everything must be in order to maintain the state it is in. This idea of layers wound carefully into a spiral and held together by the complexity of the device gave birth to the title of this song: SPIRAL COMPLEX. I imagined how one tiny shift can lead to this mechanism unwinding out of control, writing the song from this idea.

-DJ XIELPH
-----------------------------------------------
[NIGHTMARE] ABYSSAL VOID / Abaddon

Author Commentary:
Pain, anger, despair...
Such negative emotions.

They fuel the turmoils in the world, which in turn creates more negative emotions.
It's an endless cycle with no hope of ever ending.
Channelling this hopeless cycle, I released this song from the gates of hell.

-Abaddon

Bonus Commentary:
This is actually one of my older songs, but it is also my favorite song I've written, so I decided to pull it out and put it up for you guys.
This song came about back in February when Lincle was going on, and I wondered to myself what I would do if I were to write a Lincle Kingdom style boss song. Because of that thought, this song was born, and I personally thing it's one of my best songs I've done to date.
I may secretly have an ulterior motive to putting this song up~

-DJ XIELPH
http://i.imgur.com/JK66vAd.png
We hope you enjoyed this journey through sound

Post #2 · Posté à 2012-06-25 11:54:41pm il y a 11.7 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Messages
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
How did the name "DJ Xielph" come to be?

Post #3 · Posté à 2012-06-26 12:23:18am il y a 11.7 années

Offline Darkstorm091
575 Messages
United States
Reg. 2009-05-10

"AKA Azaliate"
Way back when I started writing music with Noteworthy Composer when I was in 9th grade I decided to have pseudonyms for different styles, and made up names for those.
The name I had originally come up with for my hardcore music was ASSAULT MODE XIELPH, which at my young age I thought was a really cool sounding name and gave it a mecha feel to it. Over time I realized the name was awkward and wasn't something that would really appear that often if the name ever showed up in BEMANI games, probably only appearing as a one-shot pseudonym (Bemani really shaped my life when I was younger....) so one night I thought "Well, why not just take out the ASSAULT MODE part and replace it with DJ?" and the name DJ XIELPH was born.

Not that exciting, imo, but coming up with names never is really that exciting is it?

Post #4 · Posté à 2012-06-26 12:26:10am il y a 11.7 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Messages
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Yeah, that's as exciting as it gets. :/

Post #5 · Posté à 2012-07-01 02:19:11am il y a 11.7 années

Offline Darkstorm091
575 Messages
United States
Reg. 2009-05-10

"AKA Azaliate"
"New" song is up. Actually just thought I'd load up one of my older songs but I like it enough it's worth sharing.
Enregistré Connexion Retour aux forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 04:34:26
Page générée en 0.006 secondes.
Theme: starlight · Language: french
Reset Theme & Language