Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2014-08-19 04:05:18pm 9.6 years ago

Offline amorite
amorite Avatar Member
453 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-17

"_sessu#0802"
In DDR 2014, you need to use PASELI if you live in Japan. In the Asian version, you don't. Stars are earned just like in DDR X3. If you get 9 stars by the end of the final stage, you can play the ES. For the ES you can choose any mods/song you want, but you are usually forced to use a lifebar with 4 lives. If you get below a good 4 times, you're out.

You can choose any song at the ES that you've unlocked already, or you can use the EXTRA ATTACK or ONI NO EXTRA ATTACK folder for the chance to unlock a new song. There is no EES.

For EXTRA ATTACK, you play through a given song's chart with the battery lifebar (LIFE4). If you pass the song on your first try, you unlock it. Otherwise, you fill the SURVIVED BONUS meter, the amount filled being dependent on how far you made it into the song. Once you complete the meter of a song, you'll unlock the chart you played and all charts below that level for normal play. Currently in EXTRA ATTACK are all of the TAG Birthday Songs, any BEMANI STADIUM even songs you didn't unlock during that event, and some new EXTRA ATTACK-only songs (see http://vjarmy.com/wiki/index.php/AC_DDR_2014). You can also unlock the challenge stepcharts for IX, JOMANDA, and Nageki no Ki through this method. Singles and Doubles charts/songs need to be unlocked separately.

For ONI NO EXTRA ATTACK, you can unlock the challenge stepcharts for certain songs you have already unlocked through EXTRA ATTACK. You fill the SURVIVED BONUS meters for each stepchart but instead of the battery lifebar, you play on sudden death (RISKY). The challenge charts you can unlock through this method are Din Don Dan, Elysium, IMANOGUILTS, SABER WING (satellite silhouette remix), ちゅ~いん☆バニー and ヤマトなでなで♡かぐや姫 but you already need to have unlocked their beginner-heavy charts through EXTRA ATTACK.

Other note: When playing Idola through EXTRA ATTACK, you can only choose the Beginner/Basic difficulties. If you unlock the basic chart, you can attempt the difficult chart the next time you access EXTRA ATTACK. If you unlock the difficult chart, you can try the expert chart.... and so on until you have unlocked the challenge chart.

Hope that helps. RemyWiki probably has a lot more info for you on previous ES-only songs.
Check out my simfiles:
Pulsemix 1st Style (Currently being remastered)
Pulsemix 2nd Style (Complete, 25 songs)
Pulsemix 3rd Style (Ongoing, 19 songs)

Post #22 · Posted at 2014-08-26 06:39:29pm 9.6 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
n00b_saib0t Avatar Member
2,299 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: n00bsaib0tNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7875-2425-72033DS Friend Code: 4871-6557-4900
"F***ing exhausted."
First of all, I missed you guys.

Second, I don't see any mention of Dance Dance Revolution. Not DanceDanceRevoltion, but rather what most would call 1st Mix. Here's what I've gathered with the couple times I played my PSone copy (didn't play it too much, it's so out dated).

Finish with a full dance gauge to unlock extra stage?
Unlocking ES on Basic gives ES on Another. Unlocking on Another gives ES on Maniac. Unlocking on Maniac is still ES on Maniac. Basically it makes you play something harder.
Any final stage song can be played (at least on the home version). No mod restrictions, it's just another stage.

How about Solo mixes? I've heard those had an ES system.
Quote: sharibetsu in The Unwritten Rules of ZIv thread
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.

Post #23 · Posted at 2014-08-26 07:06:25pm 9.6 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1148-0077

Last updated: 2014-08-26 07:09pm
Quote: n00b_saib0t
First of all, I missed you guys.
How about Solo mixes? I've heard those had an ES system.

I think it needs to be enabled via an operator menu, but once it's on, it's very lenient. The Boss Songs are Hysteria, Paranoia and Superstar, and passing any of them on the Final Stage will usually give the Extra Stage, as long as you have a full health bar, and reached a certain combo during the song (This was back when Konami seemed to value combo numbers over accuracy, and were toying with the scoring system to heavily favor combos). I don't think accuracy matters at all, actually, as my PA has always been horrible, and yet Solo would constantly give out the Extra Stage.

I can't remember which song is the Extra Stage, but it plays like a prototype of the modern Extra Stage, with a 4-segment bar that never replenishes.

The big post at the beginning is also missing the arcade version of DDR Fusion. AA'ing any song as the Final Stage will give an Extra Stage (Paranoia Survivor). AA'ing that will give the OMES (Xenon). Again, certain options need to be enabled in the operator menu.

Post #24 · Posted at 2014-10-14 03:27:10am 9.5 years ago

Offline fygar939
fygar939 Avatar Member
300 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-06-05

"BEMANI Sound Team ¥"PON¥"
Don't forget in SuperNOVA that the extra stage earned depends on the music folder selected (Easy, Medium, Hard, or All Music).

Easy: none (was MAX 300 SMMM on CS version)
Medium: Healing-D-Vision
Hard: Fascination MAXX
All Music: Either FAXX or FELM (the latter depending on if the patch was applied to the machine)

Can confirm Medium and All Music are correct because I played on a SN cab a few days ago.

Post #25 · Posted at 2014-10-14 04:03:00am 9.5 years ago

Offline TranTheMan8
TranTheMan8 Avatar Member
101 Posts
United States
Reg. 2014-07-28

Quote: fygar939
Don't forget in SuperNOVA that the extra stage earned depends on the music folder selected (Easy, Medium, Hard, or All Music).

Easy: none (was MAX 300 SMMM on CS version)
Medium: Healing-D-Vision
Hard: Fascination MAXX
All Music: Either FAXX or FELM (the latter depending on if the patch was applied to the machine)

Can confirm Medium and All Music are correct because I played on a SN cab a few days ago.

Easy on the AC version was also HDV (before the patch, Heavy was rated a 9)
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 08:56:42
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language