Looking for list of arcade Extra Stages, restrictions, conditions

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2012-06-12 11:57:53am 11.8 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

As the title says, I'm looking for a list of Extra Stage restrictions and conditions in AC DDR games.

I have the following so far, but let me know if any of the following is incorrect:

MAX1:
- Getting an AA on any song on Heavy on the Final Stage unlocks Extra Stage, which is forced on MAX 300Heavy 1.5x reverse no-recover.
- Getting an AA on the Extra Stage unlocks a second Extra Stage (neither the text nor the announcer actually say the words "One More Extra Stage" or "Encore Extra Stage") which is forced on CANDY*Heavy 1.5x reverse sudden-death.

MAX2:
- Getting an AA on any song on Heavy on the Final Stage unlocks Extra Stage, which is forced on MAXX UNLIMITEDHeavy 1.5x dark reverse no-recover.
- Getting an AA on the Extra Stage unlocks a second Extra Stage which is forced on KAKUMEIChallenge 3x dark reverse no-recover.

EXTREME:
- Getting an AA on any song on Heavy on the Final Stage unlocks Extra Stage, which is forced on Heavy 1.5x reverse no-recover.
- If The legend of MAX is selected on Extra Stage and AA'd, a second Extra Stage is unlocked which is forced on Dance Dance RevolutionChallenge 3x reverse sudden-death.

SN1:
- Getting an AA on any song on Heavy on the Final Stage unlocks Extra Stage, which is forced on Heavy 1.5x rainbow reverse no-recover.
- If HDV is selected and passed, OR either of the two Fascinations are selected and A'd, then One More Extra Stage is unlocked, which is forced on CHAOSHeavy sudden-death with no other modifiers.

SN2:
- Getting an A on any song (any difficulty except Beginner) before the Final Stage unlocks a special Final Stage song locked to the same difficulty that the A was obtained on. Getting multiple A's this way allows the special Final Stage song to be played on multiple Difficulties (i.e. 1st Stage A on Basic, 2nd Stage A on Difficult; special Final Stage can be played on Basic and Difficult only). Challenge gets bumped down to Expert if the game has not been fully unlocked yet. (I am not sure about much of this, can someone confirm?)
- Alternatively, getting an AA on any song (any difficulty except Beginner) before the Final Stage unlocks a special Final Stage song playable on all difficulties except Beginner and Challenge (unless the machine has been fully unlocked).
- Getting an AA on the special Final Stage song or on Random unlocks Extra Stage, which can be any song. However, there is a special Extra Stage song locked to the one difficulty that the Final Stage was cleared on. Any modifiers may be selected, but it is locked to a particular number of battery lives depending on how high scoring the AA was.
- Getting an AA on the special Extra Stage song or on Random unlocks Encore Extra Stage, which can be any song. However, there is a special Encore Extra Stage song locked to the one difficulty that the Extra Stage was cleared on. EES is always forced on sudden-death with no other modifiers.
- The special songs start with Unreal as the special FS, NGO as the special ES, and Trip Machine Phoenix as the special EES. Later, they would cycle through to unlock Paranoia Hades, Pluto, and Pluto Relinquish in that order.
Questions:
- After Pluto Relinquish was unlocked for ES play, what was the special EES?
- On the update after that, was Pluto Relinquish only playable on the special Final Stage, or were all songs fully unlocked?

X1 (non X-Specials):
- Unlock conditions are identical to SN2, including being allowed to play songs on Random (is this true?)
- The special Final Stage is always On the Break.
- The special Extra Stage is Saber Wing, but can also be Saber Wing (Akira Ishihara Headshot Mix) if the difficulties of the previous non-Extra Stage songs added up to (13*NumberOfSongs + 1).
- The special EES is Horatio, but can also be on the bounce if SW(AIHM) was the ES, and can also be Trigger if the difficulties of the previous non-EES songs added up the same way as above.
- EES no longer forces no modifiers. The ES has one more battery life than SN2 did under the same conditions.

X1 (X-Specials):
- Playing a particular song(s) before the Extra Stage and getting particular grades unlocks a particular X-Special for Extra Stage.
- AA'ing that particular X-Special unlocks another particular X-Special for EES.
- Where can I find a list of these requirements? I used to have a link but I lost it in a hard drive crash a few months ago.

X2 (non RDA):
- AA all songs before the Extra Stage to unlock Extra Stage, which can be any song with the same battery life requirements as X1.
- The special Extra Stage song is Kimono Princess, restricted to certain difficulties based on the previous songs cleared.
- AA'ing Kimono Princess on Expert unlocks Encore Extra Stage, which (on a fully unlocked machine) is forced on roppongi Evolved Heavy with one battery life and a random version. On a non-fully unlocked machine, EES can be any song.
Question:
On a non-fully unlocked X2, was the EES forced on Expert?

X2 (RDA):
- The RDA folder appears on Extra Stage if at least one song exists in it. To fill it with songs, various conditions must be fulfilled.
- AA'ing any RDA song earns a medal (if one has not already been earned) and EES is not accessible.
- Getting all six medals will delete all six and immediately transition to EES without any opportunity to change options. The EES is locked on Valkyrie dimensionHeavy.

X3 (non Extra Tour):
- Getting nine stars will unlock Extra Stage on that credit. Stars will carry over between credits with e-Amuse, but will vanish between credits without e-Amuse; therefore, to unlock ES without e-Amuse, all nine stars must be earned on one credit.
- AAA gets 3 stars, AA gets 2, A-D gets 1, and a full combo earns an additional star.
- ES and EES have the same "cycling" feature as SN2 did, starting with Amalgamation on ES and Unbelievable on EES. Later songs were (in order) Nephilim Delta and Silver Dream.
- To make the cycle happen though, a condition has to be fulfilled involving getting stars. (What condition?)
This has not been fully unlocked yet, will fill in when fully unlocked.

X3 (Extra Tour):
- Four EVOLVED songs (tokyo, osaka, New York, London) cycle through different areas of Japan.
This has not been fully unlocked yet, will fill in when fully unlocked.

Again, if there are any mistakes at all in the above list, let me know!

Post #2 · Posted at 2012-06-12 01:12:37pm 11.8 years ago

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"

Last updated: 2012-06-12 01:14pm
Okay, some clarification on SN2, X and X2.
"Challenge gets bumped down to Expert if the game has not been fully unlocked yet."

On a fully unlocked machine, red songs' Challenge charts are not accessible. Outside of that though, they are.

Ex: Pluto Relinquish is normally selectable (all diff), but when you got to Final Stage fulfilling the condition, it changes to red and Challenge is not selectable.
"After Pluto Relinquish was unlocked for ES play, what was the special EES?"

All boss songs are shown for EES, except Unreal and NGO.
"On the update after that, was Pluto Relinquish only playable on the special Final Stage, or were all songs fully unlocked?"

On a fully unlocked machine, all of these boss songs are selectable as the Final Stage. On Extra Stage, Unreal turns white. On EES, NGO turns white.
"Unlock conditions are identical to SN2, including being allowed to play songs on Random (is this true?)"

Yes, but Random is limited to Final Stage only. So you can access Extra Stage with either Xmixes, On The Break or RANDOM. To access EES, you must play SABER WING or its remix, RANDOM won't get you EES.
"Where can I find a list of these requirements?"

Check DDR X thread.
"On a non-fully unlocked X2, was the EES forced on Expert?"

Yes. ES allows you to pick KIMONO PRINCESS but EES forces you to play roppongi EVOLVED on Expert.
Feel free to ask questions.

Oh, just adding on X3's EXTRA TOUR, 4 songs (tokyoEVOLVED, osaka EVOLVED -MAIDO, OHKINI!-, New York EVOLVED and London EVOLVED) cycle daily. If you have played all these 4 songs, AAing one of these four songs on ES allows you to play Tohoku EVOLVED on EES.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #3 · Posted at 2012-06-12 08:23:07pm 11.8 years ago

Offline seishinbyou
seishinbyou Avatar Member
617 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2010-07-08

Game Center Nickname: aijbot
"Wow, 4 types of corn!"

Last updated: 2012-06-12 08:23pm
On DDR X3's "Stars", there are a few things that need correction:

"AAA gets 3 stars, AA gets 2, A-D gets 1, and a full combo earns an additional star."

Close.
Note that you can only get a maximum of 3 stars for any one song, so a FC AAA is only worth the 3 stars for the AAA, and a Full Combo star outranks the "play above your level" star (you can't get both unless you full combo a song above your level with only an "A" grade)

After playing once - 1 (big) blue star (Daily Special)
Dance Level AAA - 3 Stars (white)
Dance Level AA - 2 Stars (yellow)
Dance Level A - 1 Stars (yellow)
Dance Level B,C,D - 1 Star (blue)
Full Combo - 1 Star (Green)
Clearing a Song above your eAmuse "level/rank" - 1 Star (red)

This last one is based upon your "My Groove Radar" values and is a whole other issue in itself if you really want to get into it.

More details here (Japanese) : http://bemaniwiki.com/index.php?DanceDanceRevolution%20X3%20VS%202ndMIX

The Extra stage systems are also explained there for older mixes as well (back to Supernova)

*UPDATE*

Ah, you asked about the X-Special unlock requirements:

For all of these, the final stage almost always requires an AA on "On the Break", though "Random" works for Paranoia (X-Special), and an AA on any X-mix song is required for others. The 2nd X-Special will appear if you manage to AA the first X-Special

PARANOiA(X-Special) -> TRIP MACHINE(X-Special)
Play an AA at least one song from the "DDR 1st" folder before the final stage.

SP-TRIP MACHINE(JUNGLE MIX)(X-Special) -> PARANOiA MAX(DIRTY MIX)(X-Special)
Get an AA on PARANOiA MAX(DIRTY MIX) on the final stage by getting in on random

PARANOiA Rebirth (X-Special) -> AFRONOVA (X-Special)
Before the final stage, go to any song in the "DDR 3rd" folder and step "L L L R R R L R" (The SSR code for 3rd mix) and then AA the song.

TRIP MACHINE CLIMAX(X-Special) -> PARANOIA EVOLUTION(X-Special)
Play with either the character YUNI or JENNY and get an AA on any song in the 4th mix folder before the final stage

PARANOiA ETERNAL(X-Special) -> Healing Vision(X-Special)
Get an AA on any Xmix

MAX 300(X-Special) -> CANDY☆(X-Special)
Get an AA on any song in the DDRMAX folder, then get an AA on On the Break on 1.5x Reverse on the final stage.

MAXX UNLIMITED(X-Special) -> 革命(Kakumei) (X-Special)
Get an AA on any song before the final stage that has only Challenge difficulty.

The legend of MAX(X-Special) -> Dance Dance Revolution(X-Special)
Play the Legend Road songs in order and AA them all. Playing Max300 and then an Xmix is also rumored to work.
http://aaronin.jp/shashin/konmainewbanner.jpg

Post #4 · Posted at 2012-06-12 09:34:39pm 11.8 years ago

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"
Something I just accidentally discovered:

On SN2, on FINAL STAGE, pick CHALLENGE difficulty THEN choose RANDOM (don't open OPTIONS). If, by chance, the machine picks one of the red songs, you'll get bumped down to the highest difficulty available.

So I picked RANDOM without opening OPTIONS while my difficulty is on CHALLENGE. I got an AAA on previous stages. The machine picks Pluto. Then, in gameplay, the difficulty becomes EXPERT.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #5 · Posted at 2012-06-13 09:48:41am 11.8 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Last updated: 2012-06-13 09:48am
Thanks for the answers guys.

On a very related note, I'm also trying to compile a list of all songs in DDR games that have been colored red, and why.

Note that the song does not always have to be colored red, only colored red in a particular scenario to count.

Pre-DDRMAX:
No songs are colored red because boss songs were not created yet.

MAX1 through Extreme:
- The six ES/EES songs (Max 300, Maxx Unlimited, the legend of Max, Candy*, Kakumei, and Dance Dance Revolution) are red.
Question:
- In Extreme, were Trip Machine Survivor, Paranoia Survivor, Paranoia Survivor Max, and Maximizer ever red? Some of these may have been red on the PS2 version(s), but what about AC?

SN1:
- The ES/EES songs (FAXX, Felm, HDV, and CHAOS) are red.
Question:
- Was MAX 300 (SMMM) ever red? I recall it was red on the PS2 version, but what about AC?

SN2:
- The ES/EES songs (Unreal, NGO, Trip Machine Phoenix, Paranoia Hades, Pluto, Pluto Relinquish) are red.
Question:
- Was DEGRS ever red?

X1:
- All the X-Specials, On the Break, and the ES/EES songs (Saber Wing, Saber Wing AIHM, Horatio, on the bounce, Trigger) are red.
Question:
- Were the X-mixes ever red?

X2:
- Only Kimono Princess and roppongi Evolved are red. RDA songs are not red, including Valkyrie dimension.
Question:
- Were any of deltaMAX, 888, Zeta, Vanessa, Mei, and Pluto the First ever red?

X3:
- Amalgamation, Unbelievable, Nephilim Delta, Silver Dream, and all five Evolved songs (discounting roppongi and L.A.) are red.

Post #6 · Posted at 2012-06-13 10:52:48am 11.8 years ago

Offline xXMokou98Xx
xXMokou98Xx Avatar Member
2,461 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-07

Nintendo Network ID: pinkscones
"meme school"
Of the times that I saw it being played, not once did I see DEGRS marked red, same with the X-mixes.
Yiss ©Ayumi Promotions, 2012
http://imgur.com/Gly172P.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/alUsLeu.jpg

Post #7 · Posted at 2012-06-13 11:32:51am 11.8 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9332-1016
"^ featured on Law & Order"
Quote: Zowayix

MAX1 through Extreme:
- The six ES/EES songs (Max 300, Maxx Unlimited, the legend of Max, Candy*, Kakumei, and Dance Dance Revolution) are red.
Question:
- In Extreme, were Trip Machine Survivor, Paranoia Survivor, Paranoia Survivor Max, and Maximizer ever red? Some of these may have been red on the PS2 version(s), but what about AC? Except for MAXIMIZER, all songs were red in EXTREME AC (MAXIMIZER made its AC debut in SuperNOVA).

SN1:
- The ES/EES songs (FAXX, Felm, HDV, and CHAOS) are red.
Question:
- Was MAX 300 (SMMM) ever red? I recall it was red on the PS2 version, but what about AC? No.

SN2:
- The ES/EES songs (Unreal, NGO, Trip Machine Phoenix, Paranoia Hades, Pluto, Pluto Relinquish) are red.
Question:
- Was DEGRS ever red? Not to my knowledge.

X1:
- All the X-Specials, On the Break, and the ES/EES songs (Saber Wing, Saber Wing AIHM, Horatio, on the bounce, Trigger) are red.
Question:
- Were the X-mixes ever red? No.

X2:
- Only Kimono Princess and roppongi Evolved are red. RDA songs are not red, including Valkyrie dimension.
Question:
- Were any of deltaMAX, 888, Zeta, Vanessa, Mei, and Pluto the First ever red? No.

X3:
- Amalgamation, Unbelievable, Nephilim Delta, Silver Dream, and all five Evolved songs (discounting roppongi and L.A.) are red.
My answers in boldtype

Post #8 · Posted at 2012-06-13 11:37:45am 11.8 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

@Exor: Thanks!

Post #9 · Posted at 2012-06-21 04:05:22am 11.8 years ago

Offline Suko
Suko Avatar Member
77 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-08-11

I knew that SN2 and beyond had strange conditions to unlock extra stage, but that is just ridiculously over-complicated. I mean, seriously insane. How is someone supposed to explain this to another player at an arcade? I've seen people look cross-eyed after I explain how to get OMES on DDR extreme.

Needlessly over-complicated, Konami.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1509.png?t=1497826651 http://www.techno-hut.com/avatar/sukotto-deep_banner.jpg
"Arcades have gone away, but the culture isn't gone."

Post #10 · Posted at 2012-06-21 08:28:08am 11.8 years ago

Offline StarCreator
StarCreator Avatar Member
134 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-01-20

SN2 isn't -that- complicated. It boils down to two steps:

1) Get A or better at least once before final stage.
2) Pick Random or red on final stage. Get AA or better. The better you do above AA, the more life bars you'll have in extra stage.

Post #11 · Posted at 2012-06-21 04:44:14pm 11.8 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
MAX 300 as Extra Stage was on 1.5x + Reverse + Boost. ;)
CANDY* as OMES was on 3x + Reverse + Boost + Sudden Death. (It just didn't feel 3x, because Boost showed the normal progression near the top.)
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #12 · Posted at 2012-06-24 11:20:29am 11.8 years ago

Offline FlameyBoy
FlameyBoy Avatar Member
335 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-03-09

I was pretty sure that Extreme (at least) had a "final stage song" system if you were not playing on a fully unlocked machine; granted, an Extreme machine that is not fully unlocked is a rarity.

Post #13 · Posted at 2012-06-24 12:10:10pm 11.8 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."

Last updated: 2012-06-24 12:10pm
EXTREME without any unlocks will give you TRIP MACHINE Survivor on the Final Stage and PARANOiA Survivor on the Extra Stage (Whether you played TRIP MACHINE Survivor or not).

Post #14 · Posted at 2012-06-24 01:17:44pm 11.8 years ago

Offline typeCHAOS
typeCHAOS Avatar Member
165 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2009-02-05

Last updated: 2012-06-24 01:21pm
Actually...
EXTREME has a final stage system which I haven't seen on almost any page here...
so...
you must AA PARANOiA (or KCET MIX), PARANOiA EVOLUTION and PARANOiA Rebirth for the final song to be PARANOiA survivor MAX which oni could be playable. (if you couldn't AA any of them in one try and redid one, then PSM would be extra stage without the option for oni.

the thing is that i can't remember if it was the original paranoia or paranoia kcet clean mix all that well but it was crazy to see PSM instead of paranoia survivor. Shocked

Post #15 · Posted at 2012-07-12 12:02:19pm 11.7 years ago

Offline Zowayix
Zowayix Avatar Member
1,144 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-09-19

Quote: Nightime
CANDY* as OMES was on 3x + Reverse + Boost + Sudden Death. (It just didn't feel 3x, because Boost showed the normal progression near the top.)
Really? I've never heard of Boost used as a forced mod on Extra Stages. Can someone confirm, preferably with a video?

Post #16 · Posted at 2012-07-12 07:38:42pm 11.7 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
Quote: Zowayix
Quote: Nightime
Really? I've never heard of Boost used as a forced mod on Extra Stages. Can someone confirm, preferably with a video?

Never mind. I think I'm just remembering playing them that way (by choice, on normal stages)... it was a long, long old time ago!!

https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #17 · Posted at 2012-07-19 07:20:35am 11.7 years ago

Offline Tash
Tash Avatar Member
38 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2012-03-25

Last updated: 2012-07-19 07:31am

EXTREME has a final stage system which I haven't seen on almost any page here...
so...
It's probably because most people forgot about it after PSM was unlocked for normal play.

Post #18 · Posted at 2014-08-18 09:52:41pm 9.6 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."
Can I please resurrect this lovely compilation for 2013/DDR...? I really did use search options first. ._.; It's sssssssomewhere in the 2013 topic but it's huge.

I assumed it wouldn't change from X3 but I played at least three rounds of three songs each with e-Amuse, so even if everything was one star, I'd have carried over the nine stars required for an Extra Stage, right...? Let alone that half of them were AAs.

Post #19 · Posted at 2014-08-19 09:21:59am 9.6 years ago

Offline [ICNH]
[ICNH] Avatar Banned
157 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-25

Quote: PaperSak
Can I please resurrect this lovely compilation for 2013/DDR...? I really did use search options first. ._.; It's sssssssomewhere in the 2013 topic but it's huge.

I assumed it wouldn't change from X3 but I played at least three rounds of three songs each with e-Amuse, so even if everything was one star, I'd have carried over the nine stars required for an Extra Stage, right...? Let alone that half of them were AAs.

Did you play on eAMUSEMENT or Programmed World? The distinction is important. Also, 2014 or 2013?

Post #20 · Posted at 2014-08-19 11:08:46am 9.6 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."
It's a cabinet in Japan, so assuming eAmusement and 2014...? When I sort, there's a distinction between the 2013 folder and DDR, I think, for what it's worth.

Any answer would probably be beneficial to the topic, I'd imagine. Are most western gamers using Programmed World? I keep hearing about it but I'm not knowledgeable on how it works. >_o;
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 2% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-23 07:10:26
This page took 0.016 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language