OpenITG problems with Cobalt Flux?

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2012-06-06 11:47:36pm 11.8 years ago

Offline DiverJosh
DiverJosh Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-06-02

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but I didn't see it when I looked through the pages. I have StepMania and it runs fine with my Cobalt Flux. However, the one time I've used OpenITG, the timing is horribly off. I'll hit a step which I think should be judged "Fantastic" and end up getting "almosts," or whatever ITG calls them. Also, I was wondering how to get songs on OpenITG? I did it once before, but my computer fried, and I lost it all. I know you have to put songs in the songs folder on say StepMania, but how does it work for OITG? I tried creating a folder titled: "songs" but it still had nothing when I opened the program. StepMania has the StepMania program folder with all the seperate folders, but OpenITG does not. Any help would be appreciated, as I want to play ITG customs on OpenITG, rather than SM. SM is good for DDR, but I like the noteskins and what not for ITG when I play customs. Thanks!

-Josh
$-J~TaY!-$

Post #2 · Posted at 2012-06-07 02:55:13am 11.8 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
The latest version of OpenITG is StepMania 3.95, which behaves like every other version of StepMania. If you download the simfiles from here and just put them in the Songs folder they will all work. If you're still having trouble, any guide that troubleshoots StepMania will be useful.

The timing difference is probably a matter of your TV. If you have an HD screen, find out if there's a game mode you can set it to. And use the Sync Machine feature of OpenITG to make sure you have the correct offset.

Post #3 · Posted at 2012-06-07 09:35:07pm 11.8 years ago

Offline DiverJosh
DiverJosh Avatar Member
10 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-06-02

Quote: AeronPeryton
The latest version of OpenITG is StepMania 3.95, which behaves like every other version of StepMania. If you download the simfiles from here and just put them in the Songs folder they will all work. If you're still having trouble, any guide that troubleshoots StepMania will be useful.

The timing difference is probably a matter of your TV. If you have an HD screen, find out if there's a game mode you can set it to. And use the Sync Machine feature of OpenITG to make sure you have the correct offset.

Thank-you so much for your info! I really appreciate it!
$-J~TaY!-$
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 23:53:41
This page took 0.002 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishus
Reset Theme & Language