Logo

Stepmania now only works with two speakers (Audio Issue)

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2012-05-26 08:28:51am 11.8 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Yesterday when I played SM at home, all my speakers were working just fine. I don't know how this happened, but just today, the other sets of satellite speakers hooked up to my PC stopped working with Stepmania and VLC Media Player (and probably countless other media programs). Now I can only use 2.1 sound max when running media programs. And I did go to Control Panel and tested the speakers, and they all worked there. Tried updating my audio driver (I have a dedicated ASUS Xonar DX Soundcard), didn't work. Tried rolling back the driver, didn't work. Tried going back to RealTek motherboard audio, still didn't work. And the stupidest thing is that when I tried to re-install my Xonar DX drivers via CD it came with, it told me that my external power source wasn't plugged in, but I made sure that it was snug tight. (It's a 4-pin floppy connector).

I don't know what to do. Has anybody else had audio problems similar to mine? I did find a forum on how to fix the REALTEK drivers, but I want my XONAR DX to work, not RealTek

And if this helps, I have Windows Vista Business x64 as my OS. (please no rants about why i'm running this OS please).
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 07:24:25
This page took 0.003 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language