Post #22 · Posted at 2012-07-05 01:40:33am 11.7 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Quote: KOManiac/Yatterhog
Quote: XeneSyS 87
This isn't directly related to water or juice, but I recently made the switch from dairy to almond milk (not to be confused with soy milk, not the same thing). Almond milk contains tons of antioxidants and is lactose free, unlike dairy milk. I'm not lactose intolerant or anything.

As for juice & pop, I hardly drink those at all anymore, maybe every once in a while. But I know for sure that I don't drink enough water. Water has FAR more benefits for your body than just keeping you hydrated. It helps your body function properly and aids digestion. And i've read somewhere that if you down water BEFORE your next meal (not during), you're not as likely to eat as much (which in turn saves calories) because of the space your stomach is taking up for water.

I got to try that suggestion about water before a meal.

And yes, my parents keeps buying soda. I think my brother and father likes it but my mom only likes the sparkling water and the occasional "sprite" soda.

Edit: I've decided to do this: Drink plenty of water and walk for 60 minutes each day.

Also I'll buy the latest "Eat this, Not that" and use their website.

What kind of food should I eat and what kind should I avoid? (besides Sweets)

Try to avoid foods & beverages with preservatives, artificial colors & sweeteners, and simple carbs like white bread. If you eat bread, go for whole wheat.

Get into the habit of reading the ingredients list while shopping and compare two or more similar items before making the purchase (that's what I do). Generally speaking, the less ingredients, the better. But also watch out for preservatives. They may say something like "to retain freshness" or something like that. Also if you find that foods have too many "hard to pronounce" ingredients, chances are they were cooked up in a lab rather than derived from natural sources. Some preservatives can promote and increase risk of getting cancer in consumed in excess. Google it if you want to find out more.

And speaking of soda, I just bought Mountain Dew "Dark Berry" ("The Dark Knight Rises" promotion). I know that wasn't very wise of me, but it's hard to pass up limited edtion versions of soda. (it's not very encouraging, is it? Annoyed )

The battle to become healthy extends FAR beyond just losing weight. It's also about preventing all types of cancer, diabetes, stroke, and other chronic illnesses.

Post #23 · Posted at 2012-08-16 03:34:33am 11.5 years ago

Offline KOManiac/Yatterhog
KOManiac/Yatterhog Avatar Member
19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-05-11

Thank you everyone. I am now starting to drink plenty of water and I've decided to take the battle to my own hands after a while. Sorry for the bump but I need to explain what happened.

Basically I had a Kidney Stone from drinking all that soda several days ago. I thought I was going to die from that. Thankfully It passed and now I am going to drink plenty of water to prevent myself from getting another of the said stone and future risks.

Yes, I need to convince my parents to go all wheat, and yes I know about the "Limited Edition" flavors of soda, but I have a SodaStream so that's a bit healthier right? Blushing

Post #24 · Posted at 2012-08-16 05:54:36am 11.5 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
Mineral water also gives kidney stones so be wary about bottled water.

Post #25 · Posted at 2012-09-23 11:18:05pm 11.4 years ago

19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-05-11

Last updated: 2012-09-23 11:31pm
I'm Back but my pad was busted. What else can I do to exercise?

Post #26 · Posted at 2012-09-24 01:57:22am 11.4 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Quote: KOManiac/Yatterhog
I'm Back but my pad was busted. What else can I do to exercise?

If your pad is physically still in one piece, then you could "shadow" on Stepmania by playing with AutoPlay on. You won't get any scores, but it's still exercise. That's what I do with my broken pad.

If that doesn't work out, then I guess either take a walk outside or go to the gym. Even walking has major health benefits over doing nothing at all.

Post #27 · Posted at 2012-09-24 07:59:24pm 11.4 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."

Last updated: 2012-09-24 09:06pm
*cough*
Or if you've just got a computer... learn the Dance Masters routines? : D
Or what Xenesys said. Moving some is better than nothing.

I would imagine you made it off soda after that other post. o_o; How goes the diet?

Post #28 · Posted at 2012-11-11 02:50:33am 11.3 years ago

19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-05-11

@PaperSak: Not so well. I got out of school so I have more time to exercise but I forgot to come here so now I relapsed back to square one. But now I am energized to work out thanks to a dink mix called EcoDrink. It would be my go to drink from here on along with water.

As for moving around and stuff, I think I can do it. Thanks for being concerned.

Now if only I could buy a new pad and find my Kinect stuff...

Post #29 · Posted at 2013-06-07 01:21:38pm 10.7 years ago

Offline andrrew321
andrrew321 Avatar Banned
1 Post
Not Set
Reg. 2013-06-07

The way to lose weight and keep it off is a lifestyle change, you have to look at it from a different perspective. we live in bodies that love to gain weight and a society that caters to that with more junk food than we know what to do with. having the attitude that you are helping your body become more healthy is the best motivation to diet also, exercise not only helps you lose weight and reshape your body it gives you increased energy overall. its more than just cutting down on sweets and junk, it’s a whole body change, that includes our mentality.
Drink clean and filtered water and to know about water filtration click here - WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION
Laughing Out Loud

Post #30 · Posted at 2014-01-12 05:19:15am 10.1 years ago

Offline otter87
otter87 Avatar Member
9 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2013-06-06

haven't read thru the thread, but exercise definitely needs to go alone with nutrition you can't lose substantial weight on just one.

Fix your nutrition, and do weight training with interval training. And also, fuck juice.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 06:11:53
This page took 0.008 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language