Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2012-05-03 03:28:11am 11.9 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
I stop playing for a long while and magically do way better than I've done before.

Post #22 · Posted at 2012-05-03 03:32:10am 11.9 years ago

Offline Meseki
Meseki Avatar Member
681 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-07-08

Quote: NXCProduction
I'm stuck in the border where I can't clear half of the 17 footers (X-rating). I can clear all of the RDa songs Heavy, deltaMAX Heavy but can't clear Fascination MAXX Heavy.
Quote: Burtzman
The highest I can go on the scale is 16, I keep trying POSSESSIONHeavy and Anti-MatterHeavy in hopes of passing my first 17.
I can pass Delta MAX on Heavy, but who are we kidding, that's not a 17.
It's considerably easer to pass (and probably time) songs on DDR II compared to at least other PS2 versions. After all, I passed all of the 16's on there (with B's, other than VANESSA, which I got a C on) even though I never passed a 16 on a PS2 version and have trouble with a number of 15's.
IIDX Rank: SP 九段 (7/8)/ DP 七段 (5/8); 1P Side player
SP 11* Clears: 132/150 (88.00%); 12* Clears: 23/96 (23.96%)
Has access to CS 9th-EMP+PB+US, uses extended KOCs.

Post #23 · Posted at 2012-05-03 08:00:56am 11.9 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Quote: Meseki
It's considerably easer to pass (and probably time) songs on DDR II compared to at least other PS2 versions. After all, I passed all of the 16's on there (with B's, other than VANESSA, which I got a C on) even though I never passed a 16 on a PS2 version and have trouble with a number of 15's.

Are you saying that the Wii versions have even looser timing than the PS2 versions? After all, DDR II did strip the "Almost" judgement, so it does change things up a bit.

I don't know about you guys, but i've always found DDRMAX CS to be the hardest CS version, in terms of timing. I get a lot of double-digit greats on some of the 9 footers, while I find SuperNOVA CS to be the easiest. I can get thirty-something Perfects and the rest Marvelous' on some SuperNOVA CS songs on Heavy, but rarely get AAA's on DDRMAX. Did the timing for Perfect become somewhat looser after the introduction of Marvelous timing?

Post #24 · Posted at 2012-05-03 08:23:19am 11.9 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."

Last updated: 2012-05-03 08:23am
You can get better scores in the Wii cs games than on the PS2 games.

well, at least on DDR I and DDR II

Post #25 · Posted at 2012-05-03 08:38:59am 11.9 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Quote: Aegis
You can get better scores in the Wii cs games than on the PS2 games.

well, at least on DDR I and DDR II

And the rankings are much looser too. I got an "A" on IsH-Challenge at 868,000. I think it should of been a "B", IMO. So I think they've intentionally loosened the rankings so that casuals wouldn't feel so discouraged at getting a half-assed score. I think X2 & X3 AC still use the same scoring as SN2 (and I mean, EXACTLY the same as SN2, including the ranking system). But what I don't understand about SN2's rankings is why when I played FELM on Heavy and got 865,000, I got an "A", but on some song on DDR X CS, I got 899,000 and got a "B". To this day, I still can't figure out the "A" & "B" differential on SN2 scoring.

Maybe that possibly could explain why I could pass I'm So Happy-Challenge on DDR II but barely survived Maxx Unlimited on a SN1 Cab.

Post #26 · Posted at 2012-05-03 05:14:42pm 11.9 years ago

Offline denjinenmac
denjinenmac Avatar Member
221 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2012-04-02

Game Center Nickname: denjinenmachina
"Ka-n-ko-re"
It's been like how many years since I have been playing DDR and just by seeing myself play means I have improved a lot.

However, I can only go up to X-rating level 13 to 14 or pre-X 9 footer. I did manage to pass SAKURAHeavy and bagHeavy, but I can't seem to pass MAX 300Heavy and PARANOiA SurvivorHeavy properly even though I've seen the chart like how many times. Playing songs like these in three stages is like running a mock marathon for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. Also, I do have some horrible timing since I recently get FC in DDR EXTREME with grade letter A instead of AA

By the way, I am 18 years old now and I should be able to to pass a level 14-16 or 10-footer chart in the arcades (not expecting to FC those charts lol). But, I don't know about songs from ITG since I haven't play them yet, but I heard that they are a lot difficult to PFC than those boss songs of DDR.

Post #27 · Posted at 2012-05-03 05:53:24pm 11.9 years ago

Offline donosean
donosean Avatar Member
207 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-12-13

Quote: denjinenmac
It's been like how many years since I have been playing DDR and just by seeing myself play means I have improved a lot.

However, I can only go up to X-rating level 13 to 14 or pre-X 9 footer. I did manage to pass SAKURAHeavy and bagHeavy, but I can't seem to pass MAX 300Heavy and PARANOiA SurvivorHeavy properly even though I've seen the chart like how many times. Playing songs like these in three stages is like running a mock marathon for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. Also, I do have some horrible timing since I recently get FC in DDR EXTREME with grade letter A instead of AA

By the way, I am 18 years old now and I should be able to to pass a level 14-16 or 10-footer chart in the arcades (not expecting to FC those charts lol). But, I don't know about songs from ITG since I haven't play them yet, but I heard that they are a lot difficult to PFC than those boss songs of DDR.

Pretty much the same problem here. I've only been playing a bit over 8 months though. I can get up to the death run at the end of PARANOiA survivor Heavy, but fail a few seconds into it due to not being able to keep up with the chart. I should get a first pass in a few weeks I suppose. Fast crossovers >_<
Stamina limitations really get in the way of timing, too. Any song where I have to focus on keeping up with the song without getting too tired, I find hard to keep the right timing on. End up getting a load of greats/goods.
I've definitely noticed a huge increase in my stamina lately though, I've been pushing myself and practicing a lot more no-bar play. It really helps.

Post #28 · Posted at 2012-05-03 06:20:17pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Posts
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"
When you're aiming to clear a 10footer (old scale) for the first time, try not to do timing. Forcing yourself to MA these song will drain your stamina faster, and you definitely wouldn't want that to happen when you're trying to clear that song.

If you really want to score on these song, pass it first, no matter what grade it may be. Pass it several times, pass other harder songs so that you slowly push your stamina limit farther. Let's say you first cleared MAX 300. As you go on to clear MAXX Unlimited, The legend of MAX, etc., you'll increase your score on MAX 300.

Eventually you can clear MAX 300 without losing your breath, and score well on it too. I did it this way, and I can AA MAX 300 without being tired. I still need to exert more energy to get 990k on it though.

Personally, I clear songs with crossovers later. It's more draining, and sometimes crossovers screw my timing too. I cleared Fascination MAXX before I did PARANOiA -Respect-.

btw I'm 17 years old, turning 18 this year.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #29 · Posted at 2012-05-03 06:29:13pm 11.9 years ago

Offline denjinenmac
221 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2012-04-02

"Ka-n-ko-re"
Quote: donosean

Pretty much the same problem here. I've only been playing a bit over 8 months though. I can get up to the death run at the end of PARANOiA survivor Heavy, but fail a few seconds into it due to not being able to keep up with the chart. I should get a first pass in a few weeks I suppose. Fast crossovers >_<
Stamina limitations really get in the way of timing, too. Any song where I have to focus on keeping up with the song without getting too tired, I find hard to keep the right timing on. End up getting a load of greats/goods.
I've definitely noticed a huge increase in my stamina lately though, I've been pushing myself and practicing a lot more no-bar play. It really helps.

As of now, I always use bar if the songs are a bit difficult or have crossovers because if I play those charts without bar, it could throw me off. But from reading your post, I then ask myself "I don't know why I passed DROP OUTHeavy when it had a death run at the near end, MATSURI JapanHeavy, Healing Vision -Angelic Mix-Heavy, exotic ethnicHeavy and the like when it had fast-running streams but couldn't even keep up with MAX 300 or PARANOiA Survivor. Though MAX 300 is more difficult than the songs mentioned, I personally would say those songs are my training dummies in order for me to prepare for a 10-footer or level 14-15 chart.

Post #30 · Posted at 2012-05-03 06:56:20pm 11.9 years ago

Offline donosean
donosean Avatar Member
207 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-12-13

As of now, I always use bar if the songs are a bit difficult or have crossovers because if I play those charts without bar, it could throw me off. But from reading your post, I then ask myself "I don't know why I passed DROP OUTHeavy when it had a death run at the near end, MATSURI JapanHeavy, Healing Vision -Angelic Mix-Heavy, exotic ethnicHeavy and the like when it had fast-running streams but couldn't even keep up with MAX 300 or PARANOiA Survivor. Though MAX 300 is more difficult than the songs mentioned, I personally would say those songs are my training dummies in order for me to prepare for a 10-footer or level 14-15 chart.

I see.. I can do old-scale 8s and below no-bar, plus a few 9s. Using the bar though, the only 9s I haven't passed yet are Konoko no nanatsu no oiwaini Heavy and LEADING CYBER Heavy on SuperNOVA1.
As for 10s, bag Heavy no-bar, CHAOS Heavy bar, SAKURA Heavy bar and a few times, Healing-D-Vision Heavy bar are all I can do.
MAX 300 Heavy is just 300BPM drills and streams from beginning to end, my best run was just past the part where it comes to a complete stop, but usually I barely make it past the second stream.
PARANOiA survivor Heavy is probably my next target for the 10-footers though. HVAM, exotic ethnic, Can't stop fallin' in love (Speed Mix), and Across the nightmare Challenge should help you with stamina if you keep playing them back-to-back. They'll tire you out fairly quickly if you're a 9-footer player.

Post #31 · Posted at 2012-05-03 07:13:17pm 11.9 years ago

Offline denjinenmac
221 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2012-04-02

"Ka-n-ko-re"
Usually, when I play two 9-footer charts back-to-back with MAX 300 or PARANOiA Survivor Heavy as my final, I get exhausted too easily (especially during MAX 300 or PARANOiA Survivor). So I plan is to play simple Heavy charts like Miracle Moon or TRIP MACHINE back-to-back in order to save my energy for a 10-footer in the final stage.

And yes, in order for me to do well in a level 15-16 chart, I must first pass those 10-footer DDR EXTREME charts on Heavy since watching the chart itself won't be enough for me to pass them.

Post #32 · Posted at 2012-05-03 09:20:09pm 11.9 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Usually, when I play two 9-footer charts back-to-back with MAX 300 or PARANOiA Survivor Heavy as my final, I get exhausted too easily (especially during MAX 300 or PARANOiA Survivor). So I plan is to play simple Heavy charts like Miracle Moon or TRIP MACHINE back-to-back in order to save my energy for a 10-footer in the final stage.

And yes, in order for me to do well in a level 15-16 chart, I must first pass those 10-footer DDR EXTREME charts on Heavy since watching the chart itself won't be enough for me to pass them.

Maybe before jumping into MAX300 or PARANOiA Survivor, you should give Horatio-Heavy a try. It's an entry-level 15 that's mostly made up of 16th trills at 165BPM and doesn't include tricky crossovers like PS does. It has a fairly weak part during the middle of the song which contains some gallops, but nothing to complicated. This is a good song if you want to practice foot speed without a complicated chart. I'd say Horatio's difficulty is between Konoko & PARANOiA Survivor.

Post #33 · Posted at 2012-05-04 04:18:21am 11.9 years ago

Offline donosean
donosean Avatar Member
207 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-12-13

Argh, Horatio.. Haven't tried it due to it not being on SN1, but I know I'd fail fairly quickly. The drills are too fast for me, fast drills are the reason why I still fail Konoko Heavy every time I try it.

Post #34 · Posted at 2012-05-04 08:46:24am 11.9 years ago

Offline XeneSyS 87
XeneSyS 87 Avatar Member
710 Posts
United States
Reg. 2012-04-17

Quote: donosean
Argh, Horatio.. Haven't tried it due to it not being on SN1, but I know I'd fail fairly quickly. The drills are too fast for me, fast drills are the reason why I still fail Konoko Heavy every time I try it.

Then maybe you're not ready to tackle on 15's just yet. Stick with 14's until you get pretty good at them.

Post #35 · Posted at 2012-05-04 10:12:57am 11.9 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
I'd suggest using course mode to build more stamina, but I also remember the SuperNOVA games being kind of lackluster in the course design, aside from Boss Rush courses which you certainly are in no shape to tackle... maybe some of the MAX 2/EXTREME courses could help with that, at least.
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #36 · Posted at 2012-05-04 06:31:01pm 11.9 years ago

Offline donosean
donosean Avatar Member
207 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-12-13

Quote: XeneSyS 87
Then maybe you're not ready to tackle on 15's just yet. Stick with 14's until you get pretty good at them.

The only 14s on SuperNOVA which I can remember are Konoko, Healing-D-Vision, CHAOS, and (before the re-rate in X3), PARANOiA survivor. I've got CHAOS and HDV, just not the other 2 Tongue

Post #37 · Posted at 2012-05-04 07:10:01pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Daiz
Daiz Avatar Member+
1,465 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-29

3DS Friend Code: 0490-4991-3615
"TAKING IT TO THE PIE"
Quote: Greaf
To improve your stamina : wake up early in the morning and run.

Running doesn't help you in DDR. I run and I play DDR. As my running improves, my DDR stamina has had no change. Although I will say, if I do run in the morning, my muscles feel "primed" for DDR later on in the day.

Quote: PaperSak
Daiz or someone proposed something along the lines of starting with easy songs for warm ups and work your way up. That way, when the next song is only marginally harder than the previous song, it doesn't feel that hard. To be consistently good at hard songs, you'd probably have to do this sort of thing... often, but maybe you'll find that you won't need to start on 8s for instance, because 9s are getting easier. Old DDR scale, I mean.

... not that I have any credibility; I hit a plateau like five to seven years ago, and am just now trying that strategy. ._. Jumping on the machine for three rounds of hard 8s and 9s and finishing with hard 9s didn't seem like it was doing anything but making me tired really fast.

Pretty much. When I did my DDR marathon, when I did Max 300 at the very end, despite yelling "ow it hurts!" it really didn't hurt. In fact, I was able to do that song without being the slightest bit of feeling drained. Obviously warming up for 40 hours is a bit on the excessive side, but still, with any kind of activity you always start small before you increase your exertion. Your muscles start off cold and your heart needs to work its way up to pumping more blood so that your muscles can get a constant supply of oxygen.

Another technique you could try is breathing through your nose instead of panting out of your mouth. This is the first thing I learned as a runner and believe it or not, it makes running longer distances easier. It works in DDR as well but you have to concentrate on it.

Honestly, the gateway songs that I would use to increase stamina are:

exotic ethnic - A nonstop barage of streams that doesn't let up. Getting good at this song while doing ALL of the turns/crossovers will help you have lasting stamina.

Fire Fire - Fire Fire is a song that never ends. This is seriously one of the longest songs in DDR and will wear you down by the time you get to the end. A bonus is that is contains some complicated turns during 16th bursts so you can work on nailing these downs in harder songs.

Heavling Visiong (Angelic Mix) - Another stream fest that's aimed to kill your stamina.

But honestly, brute forcing it by constantly playing hard songs can be unfun and just constantly tiring. Try getting into doubles. Most people agree that doubles charts are much more tiring than their singles counter parts. Once you're able to do 9 footers (or 13s X-Scale), singles charts will feel much easier. Start your session on 2 or 3 games of doubles, working your way up to faster/longer songs then switched to singles and try a 10 (15) footer. This is what I had to do to AA Paranoia Survivor no bar.

Another thing is try playing courses. Even courses that are just filled with easy songs can be work your stamina as the easier songs will feel harder because you lack the freshness you had.

Post #38 · Posted at 2012-05-04 09:24:56pm 11.9 years ago

Offline donosean
donosean Avatar Member
207 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-12-13

Quote: Daiz
Honestly, the gateway songs that I would use to increase stamina are:

exotic ethnic - A nonstop barage of streams that doesn't let up. Getting good at this song while doing ALL of the turns/crossovers will help you have lasting stamina.

Fire Fire - Fire Fire is a song that never ends. This is seriously one of the longest songs in DDR and will wear you down by the time you get to the end. A bonus is that is contains some complicated turns during 16th bursts so you can work on nailing these downs in harder songs.

Heavling Visiong (Angelic Mix) - Another stream fest that's aimed to kill your stamina.

Can't do Fire Fire since it isn't on SN1, but I've yet to get a no-bar pass for either HVAM or exotic ethnic. Can get an A grade on both of them with bar with little to no trouble though. I agree that they're both tiring as hell on Heavy

Post #39 · Posted at 2012-05-04 09:25:46pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Mercury
Mercury Avatar Member+
807 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-06-15

Don't forget csfilsm and afronova primeval as well for a 'gateway' to 10s. Barless.

In addition, I find uphill cycling helps hugely for stamina.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1229.png?t=1299671484

Post #40 · Posted at 2012-05-04 10:24:33pm 11.9 years ago

Offline Braeden47
Braeden47 Avatar Member
569 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-02

"X scale 20"
The hardest songs I can pass are:
Delta Max Heavy
Vertex Challenge (ITG)
The Legend of Max

If you want to pass 10's(X 15's) consistently, Try ITG if you can.
Many ITG 9's are 13-14 on the X scale.
I also recommend Tribal Style, Hand of Time as easy 10's.

In terms of DDR, try playing several rounds of songs like:
Sakura
Exotic Ethnic
Drop Out
Horatio Heavy
Fire Fire
HVAM
CSFIL SM
Orion .78 (the fast one)
Max 300, Unlimited or LOM Standard

Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 12:05:53
This page took 0.008 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language