Logo

Songs only playable under certain conditions?

Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

Post #21 · Publicado en 2012-05-03 08:03:01am Hace 11.9 años

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Mensajes
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Quote: NuVirus
Why did they make it so that MAX. Period is unavailable anywhere in the world outside Japan? That's completely impractical. Sure it's just ONE song, but it's THAT song in particular. Sure, it's possible to do imports, or play it on ITG, but why won't KONAMI release MAX. Period in any American DDR game up to now?

Except it isn't just that one song. There are songs that are exclusive to Korean, exclusive to China, there are songs that were on Japanese arcades that never made it to the PlayStation. Not even in Japan. The entire DDR series is peppered with this kind of thing.

It's not as big a conspiracy as people think, Konami just doesn't like that song. And it was pretty much a time-sensitive gimmick from the get go.

Post #22 · Publicado en 2012-05-03 08:08:11am Hace 11.9 años

Offline NuVirus
NuVirus Avatar Member
694 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-10-10

Quote: AeronPeryton
Quote: NuVirus
Why did they make it so that MAX. Period is unavailable anywhere in the world outside Japan? That's completely impractical. Sure it's just ONE song, but it's THAT song in particular. Sure, it's possible to do imports, or play it on ITG, but why won't KONAMI release MAX. Period in any American DDR game up to now?

Except it isn't just that one song. There are songs that are exclusive to Korean, exclusive to China, there are songs that were on Japanese arcades that never made it to the PlayStation. Not even in Japan. The entire DDR series is peppered with this kind of thing.

It's not as big a conspiracy as people think, Konami just doesn't like that song. And it was pretty much a time-sensitive gimmick from the get go.

One theory I heard about a while back regarding MAX.Period was that people in Japan at the time they first discovered MAX.Period was that they were thinking that would've possibly hinted the end of DDR. I'm not so sure if that actually happened or not. If it did, then why would they assume that?
"I never really got better, I just learned to accept that some people aren't meant to be happy in this world. It makes it easier when you're not hoping for something that will never come." -IndependentThinker2

Post #23 · Publicado en 2012-05-03 10:16:55am Hace 11.9 años

Offline Silverhawke
Silverhawke Avatar Member+
4,606 Mensajes
Indonesia
Reg. 2009-01-27

3DS Friend Code: 3496-9710-9426
"highwind fluffdragon"
Quote: Zowayix
On X2 AC:
- I'm so happy and Theory of Eternity (all difficulties) cannot be played at all.
- deltaMAXChallenge cannot be played. The other four difficulties can.

X2 NA/EU AC only. Online JP machines can access those.

Quote: Zowayix
Questions:
- Were SN2 AC and X AC fully unlocked outside of Japan? I can't ever remember Pluto Relinquish being selectable for 1st stage in SN2, or the X-Specials being playable outside of Extra Stage for X, but my memory isn't that good.
- What modifiers have existed that have been unselectable in at least some games? For example, Fuwa Fuwa has existed but never manually selectable, 0.5x and 0.25x have not been selectable in some games (which games?), Speed mods didn't exist until MAX, specific speed mods like 2.5x and 3.5x didn't exist until X, Note didn't exist until SN1, Vivid didn't exist until 3rd (?) mix, etc.
- Is there anything I missed above?

Q1. If you're talking about NA/EU releases, then I'm not really sure. JP releases are unlockable, I can find several SN2 machines that's fully unlocked. Yes, you can play Pluto Relinquish for the 1st stage. And IIRC X-Specials are playable outside of ES/EES if the machine is fully unlocked. They just reside in their respective folders.

Q2. Fuwa Fuwa could be manually selected starting from SN2, it's called WAVE. I'm not sure about .5x & .25x. I'm sure they exist in SN2, not sure if they exist in SN and/or X. .5x and .25x are NOT available on X2.
my homepage → silverhawke.xyz

Post #24 · Publicado en 2012-05-04 06:39:38am Hace 11.9 años

Offline seishinbyou
seishinbyou Avatar Member
617 Mensajes
Japan
Reg. 2010-07-08

Game Center Nickname: aijbot
"Wow, 4 types of corn!"
NuVirus> Aeron is right in that MAX. was a time sensitive song of the era. It was a long time after Extreme that the CS version was released and by that point the original AC development team was disbanding and posted their goodbyes on the Extreme AC site blog. Also, the ending credit roll in the CS version was more like a memorial with softer music, release dates of each AC game intertwined, final Thank you to all fans as well.

In the BG video, it shows someone picking Paranoia on the first DDR. That is significant since that song was considered a status symbol to pass back in the day.

That and period does mean "full stop" but that is a minor point

It wasn't just the East, Western fans also thought the series was done or remain CS only. This is one of the catalysts for ITG at the time, actually (arguably).
http://aaronin.jp/shashin/konmainewbanner.jpg

Post #25 · Publicado en 2012-05-04 07:24:41am Hace 11.9 años

Offline CentiJR
CentiJR Avatar Member+
74 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-10-17

Quote: Nightime
IIRC:

Extreme 2's Online Mode had a selection of songs unlockable in SuperNOVA that worked the same way:

-LOVE v SHINE
-BLUE IMPULSE (for EXTREME)
-Calico Cat Rock
-The Least 100 sec.
-GRADUATION

But it's online mode too, was sadly discontinued. It would be a trip to go back now, since practically everybody has broadband now, and recreate what the experience could've been like back then, since very few of us had that back in PS2's era.

HUH? I don't remember those songs coming up in the game rips. Are you sure? I don't think EX2 had online mode songs.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/shahllen/SNSDGaga20Sig.png

Post #26 · Publicado en 2012-05-22 12:39:13pm Hace 11.8 años

Offline OMG Paige!
OMG Paige! Avatar Member
7 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2007-11-28

"STANDARD MODE!!!!"

Last updated: 2012-05-22 12:40pm
Q2. Fuwa Fuwa could be manually selected starting from SN2, it's called WAVE. I'm not sure about .5x & .25x. I'm sure they exist in SN2, not sure if they exist in SN and/or X. .5x and .25x are NOT available on X2.

I provided a link for Wave on SN2 on page 1.

.5x and .25x are available on SN2 AC, but not SN (at least not for the NA version). I'm almost positive they exist on X.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/ddr_sig.php?userid=2069&generate=1
Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 17:48:24
Esta página tomó 0.004 segundos en ejecutarse.
Theme: starlight · Language: spanish
Reset Theme & Language