Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1021 · Posted at 2013-09-19 03:57:11am 10.5 years ago

Offline NEMESetup
NEMESetup Avatar Member
2,026 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-12-30

"Gimme a mothaf----n' break!"
I gotta say, tricoro became a serious, gradual letdown in regards to the events. LEGEND CROSS was really cool and was probably the most (in my opinion) interesting event in the entire IIDX series. OMEGA ATTACK was a fairly tedious process, with the turnaround being that the songs weren't so bad. Our War of Worlds I was a VERY tedious process with the majority of the songs being very annoying. Our War of Worlds II was......slightly pointless. And now Road to SPADA'S CLOTHING OUTLET.

Fuck.

Post #1022 · Posted at 2013-09-19 04:06:59am 10.5 years ago

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Member
6,580 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2249-7707-55923DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697
"i was born at a very young age"

Last updated: 2013-09-19 04:08am
I agree, this mix started out strong and got worse song- and event-wise as time went on.
Although I'm still holding out hope that there'll be another part of Road to SPADA that actually has songs to unlock. They can't have had all that hype just for some Qpro parts, right?

...right?

Post #1023 · Posted at 2013-09-19 05:25:24am 10.5 years ago

Offline NEMESetup
NEMESetup Avatar Member
2,026 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-12-30

Last updated: 2013-09-19 05:25am
I hope not. The only way I could see this actually having some kind of merit is if the different clothing and accessories that you put on your avatar actually had some kind of effect during different events (like how the Stickers are in the Subspace Emissary of Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Post #1024 · Posted at 2013-09-19 09:49:20am 10.5 years ago

Offline methaniel
methaniel Avatar Member
585 Posts
France
Reg. 2012-12-31

Well, the most annoying event (Space War) went on for far too long (5 long months seeing that damn result screen...), and even worse, they decided to re-do it in a collaboration event (though easier to clear), accentuating that annoying feeling.

I do hope Konami takes a hint this time that this "Road to Spada" was an incredible let-down. I have seen only complaints about it on the net, not a single word of praise. Both Reflec and Pop'n got custom items during the second part of the Everyone's Space war just by playing the other machines, so why did IIDX made an event on its own? I won't even talk about those that tried hard to clear Step Up or save up money to buy clothes since the event started....(saving money to buy clothes to receive clothes in the end...)

Post #1025 · Posted at 2013-09-19 12:06:18pm 10.5 years ago

Offline razer922
razer922 Avatar Member
55 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-01-28

"HAPPY X3 WE FIXED IT"

Last updated: 2013-09-19 12:24pm
Quote: methaniel
Well, the most annoying event (Space War) went on for far too long (5 long months seeing that damn result screen...), and even worse, they decided to re-do it in a collaboration event (though easier to clear), accentuating that annoying feeling.

I do hope Konami takes a hint this time that this "Road to Spada" was an incredible let-down. I have seen only complaints about it on the net, not a single word of praise. Both Reflec and Pop'n got custom items during the second part of the Everyone's Space war just by playing the other machines, so why did IIDX made an event on its own? I won't even talk about those that tried hard to clear Step Up or save up money to buy clothes since the event started....(saving money to buy clothes to receive clothes in the ethis nd...)
My favorite part about this is RAG's (now removed) tweet, that translates as this:

"Reward for Road to SPADA is Kupuro parts everyone has been wanting! We did it!
...Die"

I think that punctuates the whole thing pretty well.

Quote: NEMESetup
I gotta say, tricoro became a serious, gradual letdown in regards to the events. LEGEND CROSS was really cool and was probably the most (in my opinion) interesting event in the entire IIDX series. OMEGA ATTACK was a fairly tedious process, with the turnaround being that the songs weren't so bad. Our War of Worlds I was a VERY tedious process with the majority of the songs being very annoying. Our War of Worlds II was......slightly pointless. And now Road to SPADA'S CLOTHING OUTLET.

Fuck.

I put OMEGA ATTACK over LEGEND CROSS song-wise. LC had mnemoniq, CONCEPTUAL, SYNC-ANTHEM, Elpis, and Plan 8, for songs I really enjoyed. OA had ... well, everything but Tp-RZ as far as really good songs. Unlock method, however, goes to LEGEND CROSS, hands down. It was fun, required skill, and didn't go on forever.

Fuck Bokura no Uchuu Sensou or whatever it was, it was a giant waste of time.

As far as other events, Cafe de Tran was a bit hit or miss but I'll take True Blue, Confiserie, and Balance of Astraia. Bemani Academy has some really, really good songs and a good bit of dead air, but GAIA is a standout in tricoro as a whole. Minna de Uchuu Sensou was actually pretty good, though I think literally everyone could do without examination leave. Fuck that song, it's like Taka actively tried to make an even worse Tropical April. Replace it with ZZ, or Playing with Fire, or SEED, or something of worth in the Reflec library.

There's got to be more room for more songs. We KNOW about 8 songs sitting in the songdb file, and we've known about them for months. There's so much wasted potential if Zirkfied is the last song in tricoro.

Post #1026 · Posted at 2013-09-19 12:39:43pm 10.5 years ago

Offline NEMESetup
NEMESetup Avatar Member
2,026 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-12-30

Yeah, those other events weren't so bad. I didn't list them, though, because I was only referring to the events that were straight-up exclusive to tricoro. I'm just hoping that the events don't get any worse in SPADA.

Post #1027 · Posted at 2013-09-19 12:46:40pm 10.5 years ago

Offline razer922
razer922 Avatar Member
55 Posts
United States
Reg. 2013-01-28

"HAPPY X3 WE FIXED IT"

Last updated: 2013-09-19 06:51pm
Quote: NEMESetup
Yeah, those other events weren't so bad. I didn't list them, though, because I was only referring to the events that were straight-up exclusive to tricoro. I'm just hoping that the events don't get any worse in SPADA.
Yeah, good point. I've kind of considered tricoro to have two different waves of events; the main events (LEGEND CROSS, et al), and the side events, usually crossover events. They ran parallel in at least some capacity, and I've been meaning to do some sort of timeline for it to illustrate the example but I haven't.

They're probably going to have a similar amount of events, or at least events running most of the time as it has been with tricoro, in SPADA. I do hope they go back to a more traditional format, however- yellow phase was shit, and not just because of its song choice.

EDIT: Found this when searching Twitter for "Road to SPADA", had to share. It's safe to say that pretty much everyone's disappointed in Road to SPADA. http://i.imgur.com/OyKXuTZ.jpg
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 00:59:10
This page took 0.025 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language