Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2012-03-31 08:36:39am 12 years ago

Offline Dark Coz
Dark Coz Avatar Member
989 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-14

"It's pronounced See-OH-Zee"
I'm a little late to the bandwagon, but because the game hit the $40 retail tag I decided to make my move and picked up a preowned copy at Gamestop (as a pro member) for $31.50.

I'm currently starting as the Bandit class and as of this time playing at Undead Burg in the 360 version. The only problem for the online so far is that voice chat can't be used, and joining a LIVE Party will kick the player out of the session and restart in offline mode. I'll quote the limitations in addition, but I must note that this is not a user-friendly game for doing co-op.

Quote: Cooperative Info based on Wiki
Players can be called into other's worlds, to aid their summoner. Players can also leave summoning signs for other players, and once summoned can drop recovery items to help their fellow players. You get the White Soapstone item that enables you to leave your own summoning sign by speaking to the Solaire Knight in the Undead Parish. By putting your sign down, other players will be able to select it and "summon" you into their game to help defeat the boss of that area. As a phantom, you are unable to heal with your own Estus. Instead, you are healed whenever the host heals. Upon defeating the boss or death of the host player, you will recover as though you have rested at a bonfire (Full estus and magic recovery.). You must be human to summon other players into your world.

From Namco Bandai:
Due to several contacts we've received from users confused as to how the summoning feature works in game, we have provided this list to help.

Conditions for summoning (White Sign Soapstone):
The host (person who's game world will be used) must be human. The client (person joining the game) can either be human or undead.

* The client’s level must fall within approximately 10 + 15% (since the 1.05 patch, tested with 78 and 90/88) (above or below) of the host’s level.
* The area Boss in the host’s world must still be alive in order for a host to either summon allies or to be invaded by another player. * A client can still be summoned even if the client has already defeated their own area boss.
* The host must not have placed down a summoning sign. Summoning signs from other players will not appear in a host’s world if the host also has placed a summoning sign down. This is to prevent a network conflict of the host joining someone else's game world while the clients are trying to join the host's game world
* After successfully summoning, the client will return to their world if the area boss is defeated, the client is killed or the host is killed.

Also, please note that there are several different servers/lobbies that are being used for Dark Souls, so you may not be able to summon a specific friend into your game even if you adhere to the steps above. We can only recommend that you follow the steps above for the best chance at being able to join a specific friends' game. To increase the chances of locating a particular person's summoning sign, that person can drop their sign again at timed intervals to force it to move between servers. A rule of thumb is that placing your sign every 2 minutes will cycle through the servers fairly quickly, while also giving your friend enough time to see it and summon you before you drop it again. The method is not perfect since your sign will slowly migrate across servers even if you do not reset it (meaning it may do so into your friend's world just before you reset it, causing him to see your sign disappear before you are summoned) but with a little practice it works fairly well. Remember to coordinate with your friend as to placing your sign in a specific, obscure location to minimize the likelihood that someone else will summon you first.

http://card.exophase.com/2/0/10369.png
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 20:54:29
This page took 0.002 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: german
Reset Theme & Language