Offline Burtzman
Burtzman Avatar Member
649 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-06-03

I don't like any songs by Tiger Yamato

I don't like any bemani songs by Akira Yamaoka

I love DDR X2 CS

I like being able to get AAAs with greats in the more recent DDR titles.

Love Shack is the best song in DDR 2010, including KOs.

Post #42 · Posted at 2012-03-07 01:15:15am 12 years ago

Offline DMAxel
DMAxel Avatar Member
2,823 Posts
Chile
Reg. 2007-10-01

Game specific:

* 5-key beatmania wiil always be better than IIDX. I don't like IIDX's musical direction since IIDX RED.
* pop'n music's license selection has got worse since PARTY, with a couple of exceptions.
* HAPPY SKY is IIDX worst style. IROHA is pop'n music worst game.
* DDR should stop crossovering songs and should have more originals.

Artists:

* I dislike most of artists/songs that sound the same.
** jun. I can name... 2 songs of her that I really like. Most of her stuff is really trash for me.
*** I dislike 95% of TERRA as well.
** Ryu. He has made... like 3 songs that I like since in motion. He's way too overrated.
** Yoshitaka. Besides most of his rehashes, I don't like most of his other songs (Catch Me, Stay my side, etc.)
** TAG. This guy is way too overrated. His best stuff is on GF/DM.
** NAOKI. I can name like 5 songs that I like from him since... like 2002. Most of his stuff as of lately is boring.
** TAKA. Besides a couple of gems here and there, his older stuff was better.
** Sota. Though he has made some songs as of lately that sound different from a good portion of his library.
** Tatsh. Besides The Limbo and (maybe) ANTHEM LANDING, he hasn't made any recent songs that have made me think "oh, I'm glad he's back".
** Shigeharu Saeki's S-C-U alias, PON's rock stuff, some Nekomata songs, and a couple of other artists are dangerously sounding the same for me.
* L.E.D., good-cool, Mutsuhiko Izumi, Seiya Murai, kobo and mizuno are hit or miss.
** About Seiya, his earlier stuff was better, but even there he was hit or miss.
* Noriko Fukushima is underrated.
* Tomosuke should go back to be more diverse, like on the old days.

Post #43 · Posted at 2012-03-07 01:48:31am 12 years ago

Offline SparK
SparK Avatar Member
120 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-12-30

Game Center Nickname: Spark'17
"♥"

Last updated: 2012-03-07 01:49am
Quote: Aegis
yeah, but it is like people saying "Spriggan is Mr.T" without base except just speculation, and it hurts down there.

i was pretty sure spriggan was yoshitaka ;)

I like speed changes and stops too
i like yoshitaka
i hate how all bemani artists use aliases
i don't like many Bemani songs with singing in them
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55147916/Photo%20Dec%2031%2C%2012%2004%2005%20AM.pnghttp://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/SparK.png

You can't start a fire without a spark!

Post #44 · Posted at 2012-03-07 01:56:58am 12 years ago

Offline TaroNuke
TaroNuke Avatar Member+
1,170 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: TSCTaroNuke
"ya did good, kiddo"
Am I the only person who doesn't like Second Heaven at all?

"Little Susie dang sweet fell on a cactus, she did, whoooooie!"

Post #45 · Posted at 2012-03-07 01:57:24am 12 years ago

Offline CoreyBlaze
CoreyBlaze Avatar Member
452 Posts
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2006-10-23

This is like those "confessions" blogs on tumblrLaughing Out Loud

-I don't like how DDR has lost its soul going mainstream.

-SuperNOVA was a very underrated mix, if only one could unlock those boss charts...

-I'm sad that artists who produced truly original and stand-out tracks like TaQ, good-cool and Hiroshi Watanabe aren't "regulars" anymore.

-I hate ITG elitist fags with a burning passion.

-I've always wondered what's keeping Konami from reviving old KOs from older games such as Hypnotic Crisis, The Cube, Radical Faith, etc.

-FELM is a better remix of FAXX than Pluto Relinquish is of Pluto.

-I've never been able to see the connection between Healing Vision and Healing-D-Vision, if there's one.

-How to this day and age we still haven't seen Daft Punk in DDR.

Post #46 · Posted at 2012-03-07 02:08:22am 12 years ago

Offline TaroNuke
TaroNuke Avatar Member+
1,170 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: TSCTaroNuke
"ya did good, kiddo"
Quote: CoreyBlaze
-How to this day and age we still haven't seen Daft Punk in DDR.

IKR, what the hell!?

Why would they get shit like "DAFT PUNK IS PLAYING AT MY HOUSE" but not actual Daft Punk!?

"Little Susie dang sweet fell on a cactus, she did, whoooooie!"

Post #47 · Posted at 2012-03-07 02:11:07am 12 years ago

Offline Arctic Wolves
Arctic Wolves Avatar Member
2,586 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2008-02-18

I feel that DDR has the best originals out of all BEMANI. Lately, I have liked IIDX music less and less; almost all songs turn into keysound-orgies where music is sacrificed in favour of having silly crazy piano/synth streams that sound awful.

I really miss down-tempo ambient and hip-hop songs in BEMANI.

I enjoy speed changes and stops; I think they're a fun challenge in memorization and reading.
http://i.imgur.com/ros63.gif

Post #48 · Posted at 2012-03-07 02:46:44am 12 years ago

Offline katamaris4ever
katamaris4ever Avatar Member
163 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-07-02

"Rainbows in the Sky"
Bemani sucks trying to get anyone in the US interested in any game other than DDR (even then...); localization efforts have been shoddy at best, and location tests are usually the only form of release over here...
I've loved each and every jun boss song (the charts? Not so much).
DDR in the US is dead, but only because most of the game's "fans" are part of an unpleasing fanbase (everyone on ZiV is great to be around though.)
I just came to say hello.

Post #49 · Posted at 2012-03-07 02:56:29am 12 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Quote: katamaris4ever
Bemani sucks trying to get anyone in the US interested in any game other than DDR (even then...); localization efforts have been shoddy at best, and location tests are usually the only form of release over here...
I've loved each and every jun boss song (the charts? Not so much).
DDR in the US is dead, but only because most of the game's "fans" are part of an unpleasing fanbase (everyone on ZiV is great to be around though.)
Agreed on everything.

Post #50 · Posted at 2012-03-07 03:18:18am 12 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
Try 2 Luv U, Fever, and Saturday Night Love are among Sota Fujimori's best works.

The Smile of You and Infinity of our Love are among Nekomata Master's best works.

TOMOSUKE does best as a DDR artist.

Post #51 · Posted at 2012-03-07 03:19:13am 12 years ago

Offline -Viper-
-Viper- Avatar Member+
2,407 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-26

3DS Friend Code: 1091-8797-8693
-I miss the Paranoia, Trip Machine, and Max songs and would like more of them rather than EVOLVED songs.
-I think the EVOLVED series of songs is boring and the gimmick of having ver. A,B, and C is dumb.
-I'm not an "ITG elitist fag" but I rarely have interest in songs that are below 8 feet (old scale) and 10 feet (X-scale) on Expert.
-I think the difficulty distribution on DDR should be harder, though not nearly to the extent of ITG.
-My favorite songs on DDR/IIDX tend to be the ones without any lyrics.
-I like Tomosuke's work as Orange Lounge better than Zektbach.
-I really only care about the arcade line of DDR/IIDX now, I never play the CS games anymore.

Post #52 · Posted at 2012-03-07 03:19:58am 12 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
Quote: Arctic Wolves

I really miss down-tempo ambient and hip-hop songs in BEMANI.

Same, but I'd like better vocalists if they are going back down that path. Don't really want to know what Keep On Liftin' vocalized by Aliesha G would sound like.

Post #53 · Posted at 2012-03-07 03:23:53am 12 years ago

Offline mageman17
mageman17 Avatar Member
2,102 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-15

"MAGGLE"

Last updated: 2012-03-07 03:31am
-I like songs that are seemingly easy at first, then suddenly get harder, like Time After Time. But I hate under the sky since the kids spammed it to my ear.

-I hate the BeforU songs that came out during Supernova aside from Ki-Se-Ki. I always make it a point to play Dive (more deep and deeper remix) or true... (Trance Sunrise Mix) when I play on an Extreme - X cab.

-I hate the elitist groups that play on an arcade I go to. They insert like 7 credits per person and its not unusual for the game to have ~30 or even higher credits on a busy day. They also insist on playing thru their credits in one go despite the fact that a sticker on the front of the cab reminds players to play two sets at a time and give way to other players. I am so not catching them if they collapse. It didn't help that they were stompers. My dad (who watched me play one time) said that they were very rude and that they don't care if someone wants to play.

-I think one reason that My Summer Love gets spammed is that it's not really that hard of a 9-footer (I've heard some people consider it an 8-footer).

-I'm not too fond of the ez2dancer series. It killed DDR as a local pop-culture item (as well as dance-revo being a verb in some sentences) and DDR died out after the flurry of ez2dancer being a dancing game with hand motions. In that same thought, when I was asking stores for DDR 2010/DDR II, they would all say "Don't you mean Just Dance? It doesn't NEED special controllers."
http://i.imgur.com/wX5XjLU.png

Thank you so much, Lord Toon!

Post #54 · Posted at 2012-03-07 03:42:29am 12 years ago

Online Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,489 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
- Ever since Konami homogenised the US and EU mixes into one semi-global CS, the DDR licence selection quality has just dived off a cliff.

- Lincle's OST is REALLY disappointing. Whilst SIRIUS had a lot of content that initially sounded vanilla but gota LOT better as I listened to it more, Lincle hasn't left the starting blocks. There seems to be far too much in the way of featureless ~170bpm tracks.

- My favourite Trip Machine is Climax. Yes, really.

- The best thing Konami of America could do to their side of DDR is to give it to someone who actually knows how to make it good again. With any game, when the fanbase is doing a better job than the people who MAKE the game, there's a problem.

- They REALLY shouldn't have bothered getting Max Priest and Vanilla Ice for DDRII. Honestly, I played each song once, didn't want to play them again.
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #55 · Posted at 2012-03-07 04:11:25am 12 years ago

Offline Maestro Grithok S
Maestro Grithok S Avatar Member
721 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-22

Last updated: 2012-03-07 04:11am
- I like Lincle's and Resort Anthem's OST. They get way more hate than I think they're worth, and there were a lot of gems on their songlists. HAPPY SKY is terrible.

- Seiya Murai, jun, and Nekomata Master are fantastic. Yoshitaka, SUPER STAR -MITSURU-, and Taka need to lay off.

- I have never, do not, and will never like Spin the Disc. I don't like a lot of old BEMANI stuff--I'd much rather listen to Round & Round than super highway, Programmed Universe than Let Them Move, and DOES NOT COMPUTE than Spicy Piece.

- kors k is probably the best BEMANI artist out there... except for Special One. Special One sucks.

- Ryu is best with happy stuff. Branching into stuff like bass 2 bass or in motion is just a recipe for disaster. It gets boring, yeah, but that's just what he does. He's just a one-trick horse.

- The best KOs were probably on the UNIVERSE series. It's a shame that only UNIVERSE 3 got AC releases, and even then, why no Hit the Ground, why no Doki Doki?

- I'm so Happy is terrible. Just awful.

- I think that DDR has very good original music, at least compared to, say, pop'n. Lots of things on pop'n music all sound the same to me, aside from Asaki and the rarity like HEAT-BIT-HIT-BEAT that rise above the j-cute. Yes, even gems like DOES NOT COMPUTE.

- I wouldn't say that it's the most fun I've had with DDR since ever, but I really do enjoy Haunted Rhapsody.

Quote: Pie-kun
Try 2 Luv U, Fever, and Saturday Night Love are among Sota Fujimori's best works.

TOMOSUKE does best as a DDR artist.
Oh yeah. This too.

Quote: Oni-91
How is this controversial? What are they comparing it to?

Post #56 · Posted at 2012-03-07 04:13:33am 12 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."

Last updated: 2012-03-07 04:16am
Quote: TaroNuke
No. On that note, I kind of dislike every song with random effing vocal samples that barely go together (Second Heaven, Fire Fire, New Decade, VOX UP, I'm glaring at you), and I tend to dislike when samples overlap other songs. If I hear "somebody scream" one more blasted time... :P

Although I don't feel this way about switch and smooooch. Maybe because of the altered pitch.

Street Master Mode does so much justice to old character profiles and even new characters that even if the gameplay itself drags on, I can't believe people don't appreciate the effort that went into the seemingly cheesy writing. Favorite unlock mode forever until they voice/animate a new one.

Post #57 · Posted at 2012-03-07 04:15:38am 12 years ago

Online Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,489 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
Quote: Maestro Grithok S
Quote: Oni-91
How is this controversial? What are they comparing it to?
The other Trip Machines. I remember playing it at a DDR:UK qualifier as the first song of the HARD 2 course. They knew I was playing the HARD 2 course because "that's the only reason anybody has to play it".
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #58 · Posted at 2012-03-07 04:16:09am 12 years ago

Offline BemaniFan2237
BemaniFan2237 Avatar Member
521 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-11-10

Quote: PaperSak
Quote: TaroNuke
No. On that note, I kind of dislike every song with random effing vocal samples that barely go together (Second Heaven, Fire Fire, New Decade, VOX UP, I'm glaring at you), and I tend to dislike when samples overlap other songs. If I hear "somebody scream" one more blasted time... Tongue

Although I don't feel this way about switch and smooooch. Maybe because of the altered pitch.

what about drive me crazy
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/pictures/10354-1327395568.png

Post #59 · Posted at 2012-03-07 04:17:33am 12 years ago

Offline Mercury
Mercury Avatar Member+
807 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-06-15

I know I've been belly-aching about this for ages but: -

Konami redesigning the US/EU market cabinets for DDR X (and fucking it up in the process) when the old ones were perfectly fine. What were they thinking?

When you stop getting AAAs and consistently low great counts and start getting scores all over the place you know something's wrong.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1229.png?t=1299671484

Post #60 · Posted at 2012-03-07 04:18:01am 12 years ago

Offline Arrows&Beats
Arrows&Beats Avatar Banned
2,594 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-08-13

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0428-9949Game Center Nickname: Padoo
"Witch hunt victim."
Quote: Maestro Grithok S
- Ryu is best with happy stuff. Branching into stuff like bass 2 bass
Umm, I'm pretty sure bass 2 bass is happy. It's bubblegum dance.
https://i.imgur.com/KQGQUXJ.png
Banned from Z-I-v unjustly – Read my statement
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 8% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 23:14:33
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishus
Reset Theme & Language