Logo

In Modesto, DDR arcades need an upgrade.

Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

Post #1 · Publicado en 2012-02-09 10:55:08am Hace 12.1 años

Offline Gabe
Gabe Avatar Banned
126 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2012-02-09

Where I live, most of the DDR machines nearby were EXTREME (a decade old version), even BOOMERS had that version, in conjunction with 7thMIX and SuperNOVA. But one thing that irritates is that either Modesto is LAZY to even upgrade their EXTREME cabinets to the X series or do anything. Many years ago, BOOMERS replaced 4th with EXTREME while that bowling alley replaced 5th with Extreme Plus (but with regular firmware). So maybe if some other Modesto liver starts a tribute for the city to obtain more "cash", then maybe at one point obtain the all-new "X3 vs 2ndMIX" that mashes up best classics with new-gen hits (including PS3 DDR music debut to the arcade). X is okay if you want the SN 1-2 licenses while X2 is like the highest we can go now (more Wii and 360 songs are added to this edition).
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9311/cleanendofthecentury.png

Post #2 · Publicado en 2012-02-09 12:09:56pm Hace 12.1 años

Offline Arrows&Beats
Arrows&Beats Avatar Banned
2,594 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-08-13

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0428-9949Game Center Nickname: Padoo
"Witch hunt victim."

Last updated: 2012-02-09 12:09pm
Cool story, brah.

Quote: Gabe
the all-new "X3 vs 2ndMIX" that mashes up best classics with new-gen hits (including PS3 DDR music debut to the arcade).

Oh, wow. This is news to me. X3 sure sounds like an outstanding new DDR title. Thank you for informing us.
https://i.imgur.com/KQGQUXJ.png
Banned from Z-I-v unjustly – Read my statement

Post #3 · Publicado en 2012-02-09 01:08:15pm Hace 12.1 años

Offline XXDDRFANXX
XXDDRFANXX Avatar Member
15 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2011-03-21

i have not been to BOOMERS in a mouthShocked

Post #4 · Publicado en 2012-02-09 02:22:16pm Hace 12.1 años

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"
The problem with your story is that there are no upgrade kits for older machines running EXTREME or earlier. SuperNOVA and SuperNOVA 2 were the last games you could buy upgrade kits for older machines, and they were not cheap (Over $2,000). Those kits are now discontinued and the only choice any arcade has for an upgrade is to buy a whole new dedicated machine that costs nearly $12,000, and let me tell you, those machines are not anything great, in fact they are a whole hell of a lot worse then the older machines.

The only way any arcade in America could have DDR X3 is to import the PCB and kit from Japan or Asia. Japan is nearly impossible to order from, and Asia kits are obtainable, but extremely expensive and still one hell of a hassle from what I have been told.

Bottom line: None of those machine will ever be upgraded. Get over it. Unless Konami releases kits in America for X3 you are shit out of luck, and honestly it doesn't sound like Konami is interested in releasing their games in America anymore. Just be thankful you have machines by you as many them are being sold (to other arcade or private owners) or thrown away.

Post #5 · Publicado en 2012-02-09 02:25:05pm Hace 12.1 años

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Mensajes
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Quote: Kon
The problem with your story is that there are no upgrade kits for older machines running EXTREME or earlier. SuperNOVA and SuperNOVA 2 were the last games you could buy upgrade kits for older machines, and they were not cheap (Over $2,000). Those kits are now discontinued and the only choice any arcade has for an upgrade is to buy a whole new dedicated machine that costs nearly $12,000, and let me tell you, those machines are not anything great, in fact they are a whole hell of a lot worse then the older machines.

The only way any arcade in America could have DDR X3 is to import the PCB and kit from Japan or Asia. Japan is nearly impossible to order from, and Asia kits are obtainable, but extremely expensive and still one hell of a hassle from what I have been told.

Bottom line: None of those machine will ever be upgraded. Get over it. Unless Konami releases kits in America for X3 you are shit out of luck, and honestly it doesn't sound like Konami is interested in releasing their games in America anymore. Just be thankful you have machines by you as many them are being sold (to other arcade or private owners) or thrown away.
What Kon said,

By the way Hi AgentP
Registrarse Conectarse Regresar A Los Foros

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 21:44:06
Esta página tomó 0.006 segundos en ejecutarse.
Theme: starlight · Language: spanish
Reset Theme & Language