Logo

Text Quest Adventure

Sujet verrouillé | Retour aux forums

Post #1 · Posté à 2011-11-09 11:17:58pm il y a 2.4 années

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Badge Member+
231 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30
50.5pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"Cream of the crop"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED

Last updated: 2011-11-10 08:29am
Rules

Like the old text quest adventures of yesteryear, this game is an RPG entirely made of text wherein the player is prompted with some sort of situation and must then input a command to progress. Other than the starting comment, the story and flow of the game will be entirely up to you. There are two types of posts allowed for this game:

1) A story based reaction to the action taken from the previous post, and current story situation. These posts must end in "What do you do?" or a similar question.

2) An action.

These two roles alternate and can be as lengthy or brief as the writer chooses. Players many not double post, and only the first post of a multi-posted number role will be taken. If the character dies, we reset to the last reaction story-based element (e.g. like Dragon's Lair).

Example:

Previous Post: The gate slams closed behind you and suddenly spike start extending from the walls and ceiling, inching closer as time slowly clicks on. With your only exit being the door you came in from, what do you do?

Player 1 posts: Charge the door in an attempt to knock it down or break it.

Player 2 posts: Your efforts are all for naught and the door stands strong. The spikes draw closer. What do you do?

So on and so forth. If you choose to kill the player you must post your death sequence as well as either the last story based post before the death so we can attempt another action or start a new story.

Starting Scenario

As the sun reaches our hero's eyes you awake to find yourself lying on a slate bed (a rather uncomfortable and unfortunate surface). You begin to rub your eyes to try to break from this delusion, but soon reality kicks in; you are surrounded by 30 ft stone walls with the only missing item from this isolation cell being the opening in the wall in front of you. Upon standing to your feet you feel light-headed, however progress through this room of sorts to grope some understanding of where you could be. Going forward to the only opening in this capsule, you glance out to find that there is some sort of hallway system out of this room. You can only surmise that, given this harsh disregard for architecture, you could only be in some labyrinth. Before the fear of such a hopeless situation can kick in, you decide to explore what you can. First things first however, the hall outside of the room parts to the left and to the right. Equipped with nothing but the clothes on your back and a trusty satchel, which path do you take?

The next player posts an action.
The player after them posts the results.

BEGIN
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #2 · Posté à 2011-11-10 12:31:24am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Badge Member
8,003 Posts
Belarus
Reg. 2009-04-16
342.9pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"|| -You're all silly- ||"
AF 2014 SCORE1,000,000
Take the right path - because it looks like the right thing to do.

Post #3 · Posté à 2011-11-10 12:49:40am il y a 2.4 années

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Badge Member+
231 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30
50.5pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"Cream of the crop"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED
You take the path to the right, giving up the potential things you left behind. After a few twists and turns down the corridor you finally reach an large garden like room affixed with a flowing fountain in the center. No danger appears to be in sight, so perhaps you can take your time to relax. What do you do?
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #4 · Posté à 2011-11-10 01:55:46am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Badge Member
8,003 Posts
Belarus
Reg. 2009-04-16
342.9pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"|| -You're all silly- ||"
AF 2014 SCORE1,000,000
I panic and end up not knowing where I am going.

Post #5 · Posté à 2011-11-10 02:14:54am il y a 2.4 années

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Badge Member+
231 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30
50.5pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"Cream of the crop"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED
You begin to panic. Your wild hysteria causes you to rethink your last decision. You wearily turn to go back however slip on the now moistened stone floor from the fountain. *THUD* You feel a strong blow to the back of your head and you slam into the fountain. As the flowing water turns to a dark crimson your eyelids grow heavy and you begin to feel the water and darkness consume you.

DEAD
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself...and getting lost.

You take the path to the right, giving up the potential things you left behind. After a few twists and turns down the corridor you finally reach an large garden like room affixed with a flowing fountain in the center. No danger appears to be in sight, so perhaps you can take your time to relax. What do you do?
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #6 · Posté à 2011-11-10 04:25:19am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Badge Member
5,030 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14
308.2pts
Log in to send this user a private messageSkype: five.three.twoTwitter: snowyprism
Nintendo Network ID: daichi.shijima3DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697CROSS×BEATS User ID: 33229320
"僕の日本語は酷い w"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED
Walk around a bit and take in your surroundings.

Post #7 · Posté à 2011-11-10 05:43:57am il y a 2.4 années

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Badge Member+
231 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30
50.5pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"Cream of the crop"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED
You begin walking around the garden area, observing what you can. After one quick glance around you notice the overgrown foliage lining the walls and floor as well as the seemingly dysfunctional fountain which is overflowing on one side. A few rocks adorn the floor as well, perhaps remains from the crumbling labyrinth. Looking past the massive fountain you notice that there is another hallway on the opposite end of the room as well as a sign affixed on the wall near the exit. What do you do?
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #8 · Posté à 2011-11-10 06:54:08am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Badge Member
5,030 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14
308.2pts
Log in to send this user a private messageSkype: five.three.twoTwitter: snowyprism
Nintendo Network ID: daichi.shijima3DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697CROSS×BEATS User ID: 33229320
"僕の日本語は酷い w"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED
Go to read the sign.

Post #9 · Posté à 2011-11-10 08:08:57am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Badge Member
8,003 Posts
Belarus
Reg. 2009-04-16
342.9pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"|| -You're all silly- ||"
AF 2014 SCORE1,000,000
Our hero walks upon the path to the sign, but alas...2 feet from where the sign is there seems to have been a pit.
You end up falling and praying for the last 2 minutes of your life.
Hopeless.

A spiky death.


You awaken to a spawn point atop a mountain.
You only have your clothes and a spoon.
You either ponder to think what to do next in the miserable altitude where it is freezing or attempt to go down the mountain.

Post #10 · Posté à 2011-11-10 08:25:41am il y a 2.4 années

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Badge Member+
231 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30
50.5pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"Cream of the crop"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED

Last updated: 2011-11-10 08:30am
Attempt to go down the mountain and find someplace not as cold.


http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #11 · Posté à 2011-11-10 08:27:38am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Ryuzaki573
Ryuzaki573 Avatar Badge Member
449 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-07-30
115.4pts
Log in to send this user a private messageFacebook
"I really want to hurt you."
AF 2014 SCORENO PLAY
It's a secret mountain headquarters for an organization of supervillains! They spot you and send henchmen to capture you. You see several possibilties: escaping, fighting back, giving in... What do you do?

Post #12 · Posté à 2011-11-10 08:29:01am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Badge Member
8,003 Posts
Belarus
Reg. 2009-04-16
342.9pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"|| -You're all silly- ||"
AF 2014 SCORE1,000,000
Swing at them full fury with my spoon and hope it'll be ok.

Post #13 · Posté à 2011-11-10 08:44:48am il y a 2.4 années

Offline TensaiKashou
TensaiKashou Avatar Badge Member
1,333 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-31
247.3pts
Log in to send this user a private messageTwitter: encorestageSoundcloudTumblrYouTube
Xbox Gamer Tag: TensaiKashouSteam: TensaiKashouGame Center Nickname: TensaiKashou
"其の嘆きこそ、我の糧也。"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED

Last updated: 2011-11-10 08:46am
Your Klein Co. Tachyonic Bowl-on-a-Stick deals a crushing blow to one of the henchman, causing him to disappear in a flash of pink light.

The other four draw their extremely impractical Fire Swords. Made out of fire.

You see that the Stick portion of the Bowl-on-a-Stick contains a switch with two positions, Lemon-Lime and Wild Cherry, a dial with ten settings going from a dot to a stylized galaxy, and a power button. The switch is on Lemon-Lime, the dial is on its fourth setting, and the power button is depressed.

Do you continue attacking the henchman, or take a moment to fiddle with the settings?
I can't believe it's not [noun]!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/TensaiKashou.png
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/[Category%20Name%20Not%20Found]/[Category%20Name%20Not%20Found].png?1344178711http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/FREE%20CONNECTION%20Collab/FREE%20CONNECTION%20Collab.png

Post #14 · Posté à 2011-11-10 11:02:30am il y a 2.4 années

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Badge Member
5,030 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14
308.2pts
Log in to send this user a private messageSkype: five.three.twoTwitter: snowyprism
Nintendo Network ID: daichi.shijima3DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697CROSS×BEATS User ID: 33229320
"僕の日本語は酷い w"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED
Set the switch to "Wild Cherry" and the dial to the sixth setting, and press the power button.

Post #15 · Posté à 2011-11-10 09:49:25pm il y a 2.4 années

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Badge Member+
231 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30
50.5pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"Cream of the crop"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED
After hitting the power button, a shrieking call echoes through the cavern and suddenly, out of nowhere, Kool-Aid Man bursts through the wall. He looks pissed. Real pissed. He pounds his way to the henchmen still in shock and fear of this massive man and begins dunking them in his Wild Cherry beverage top. Their shrieks are short lived, and now only the grunts of the Kool-Aid Man fill the hall. After disposing of the henchmen the Kool-Aid Man turns to you with a face full of fury and you lock eyes with him. What do you do?
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #16 · Posté à 2011-11-10 09:53:23pm il y a 2.4 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Badge Member
8,003 Posts
Belarus
Reg. 2009-04-16
342.9pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"|| -You're all silly- ||"
AF 2014 SCORE1,000,000
Get in the bowl and try to drink all that kool-aid like all the henchmen failed to do.

Post #17 · Posté à 2011-11-10 10:52:34pm il y a 2.4 années

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Badge Member+
231 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30
50.5pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"Cream of the crop"
AF 2014 SCOREFAILED

Last updated: 2011-11-10 10:54pm
You charge the Kool-Aid Man and vault into his bowl top doing a few backflips along the way. Perfect landing! You spash into his Wild Cherry juices and immediately get to work, all the while the Kool-Aid Man wallows in pain. Upon the last drop of sugary goodness you feel the bowl begin to violently shake. The Kool-Aid Man screams "NOOO, NOT AGAIN" and spontaneously combusts and implodes at the same time. Hard to say whether the implosion or the infinite shards of glass now embedded in you were the real killer, but one thing is for sure, you are

DEAD
Next time, try not to bite off more than you can chew...or drink from the man who saved you

You awake to find yourself fully clothed for once and in a new-fangled spacesuit. Looking around you you see a couple of windows with nothing beyond them but an empty void and shiny stars. Before you know it, alarms start sounding telling the crew of the ship to begin evacuating immediately. You search yourself only to find a standard issue phaser, a pack of cigarettes, and a can opener. Your potential areas for escape are to crack a window and jump into space, or run out of the room and look for help. What do you do?
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #18 · Posté à 2011-11-10 10:55:59pm il y a 2.4 années

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Badge Member
8,003 Posts
Belarus
Reg. 2009-04-16
342.9pts
Log in to send this user a private message
"|| -You're all silly- ||"
AF 2014 SCORE1,000,000
I punch one of the men in the crew, steal their oxygen tank and mask and jump into space. Hopefully I would land onto a planet like Mario does in Mario Galaxy and suffer nothing but wasting time until I land on to the nearby-looking planet.
Sujet verrouillé | Retour aux forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2014 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- II
Web Server: 7% · Database: 4%
Page générée en 0.67 secondes.
Reset Theme & Language