Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
The Past, Present, and Future of Harmonix: Part I

Quote: Alex Navarro
The heads of state at Harmonix talk about the highs and lows of Rock Band's roller coaster popularity, and the rigors of the breaking free from Viacom.

GiantBomb: Undoubtedly the DLC market has been huge, but at a point that does seem sort of like preaching to the choir, satiating the audience you already have locked down. Is there something you believe you can do to extend beyond that existing fanbase?

AlexRigopulos: I'd love to talk at great length about that, of course. I'm reluctant to say too much about where we're headed with it right now, except to reiterate that it's a pretty radical departure.

EranEgozy: It's interesting. We do have plans on where we're going to go with Rock Band and how we plan to expand it. All I'll say for now is that it isn't what you think. You might assume we're going to add saxophone or something along those lines, but no, the kind of direction we're planning on taking Rock Band, the kind of innovation we have in mind, is taking it in a different direction, one that's more suitable to the kind of environment we're in, what people are doing now, what they're interested in playing now, versus, say, 2007.

GB: So there are some strong ideas then?

EE: It's more than ideas. We are working on it, and we have forward progress. It's an exciting, fresh take on it. I'll leave it at that.

Check back to the site later this week for part two of our Harmonix interview, in which we tackle the Dance Central franchise, Kinect, other motion controlling technologies, and Harmonix's future direction.

I doubt the information will be revealed in Part 2 of this interview. Pretty excited to see that Rock Band will be going through some renovation with its next iteration.

Post #2 · Posted at 2011-10-26 06:44:19am 12.4 years ago

Offline Paradox0
Paradox0 Avatar Member
344 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-10-08

I am always impressed with how Harmonix expands there guitar-band-game-whatever. I'm interested in what there planning.

Post #3 · Posted at 2011-10-29 09:10:53pm 12.3 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
Part 2 of the interview.

It mostly talks about Dance Central and future plans for the company.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 08:14:34
This page took 0.007 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language