Post #1 · Posted at 2011-09-22 03:38:29am 12.5 years ago

Offline CynicalOkie
CynicalOkie Avatar Member
541 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-02-27

3DS Friend Code: 5370-1122-8774
"Care cup is empty! c[_]"
Alright, so we all know that children frequent arcades these days, though they mostly go for the games that give out tickets. Anyone have any experience with a few unknowing little ones messing up your play somehow? I would say that the worst one I've seen was when I was trying to pass Uranus Challenge for the first time in an arcade, this baby who probably was barely old enough to walk just steps onto the empty spot next to me, and just starts bouncing randomly. I immediately thought, "This kid is gonna fuck me up, I know it." Well, to my surprise, the momma came by and shouted, "Dance ******, dance!" (Name censored) That's when I just exclaimed before the final stream at the end, "Better get your baby out of the way, I don't wanna knock into him!" I was fortunate enough to have the momma lift him right off the pad before he could just run into my space.

I don't know what goes through the minds of parents these days to see their tot up next to a man of near six feet and 200 pounds who is moving QUITE FAST and bouncing around. That's nothing but a MAJOR hazard if you ask me. So, do you all got any experiences with little kids/babies messing you up, or near-miss experiences of some sort?

Post #2 · Posted at 2011-09-22 03:48:44am 12.5 years ago

Offline OmnislashF8
OmnislashF8 Avatar Member+
250 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-05-30

"Cream of the crop"
My cat finds it amusing to torment me when I try to play iidx. Her hobbies include: stepping on my arms, laying down on the controller, biting and pulling my hands, and falling while trying to climb my shoulder.
http://i.imgur.com/t3TdB.png

Post #3 · Posted at 2011-09-22 04:05:59am 12.5 years ago

Offline polarbearjosh
polarbearjosh Avatar Member
570 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-06-30

For me, my parents disturb me other than my brother and sister. It gets irritating when they call for me when I play halfway through a song and I have to stop the game.Evil
Polar Bears and BEMANI Forever!!!!Laughing Out Loud

Post #4 · Posted at 2011-09-22 04:32:54am 12.5 years ago

Offline Kon
Kon Avatar Member
1,288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-07-02

"OMG KON!"
Well more recently since my DDR machine is in my garage, the garage door will open on the other side and scare me sometimes. This has caused me to leave both sides of the garage door open all the time when I play.

There have been many times at arcades where I have been stopped from playing. I stepped on a kid playing SuperNOVA 2 at Naperville and the mom blames me for the incident. My remark towards her was "sorry I don't have a pair of eyes on my ass" and I didn't see her for the rest of the day.

The rest of the problems happened at Gameworks...
-People step on the 2nd player side thinking the game is on versus and there is a free credit on one side when I am playing doubles.
-Drunk chick was "on me" right when Gameworks got X2. Kind of annoying while I played but she was really funny.
-When the machines were downstairs it wasn't unusual for me to get large crowds. Because of that though the kids like to hang around by the machines while I played and often held the bar when I needed to and got in the way.

Not all are children, but man people are annoying sometimes.

Post #5 · Posted at 2011-09-22 04:48:58am 12.5 years ago

Offline aeubanks
aeubanks Avatar Member
356 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-12-25

Once when I was at Brunswick, there was a birthday party going (teens), and I was playing DDR Supernova. Some of them decided that it would be fun to mess me up by putting their foot on the back arrow. I ignored them for a bit, but then after a while, I yelled at them to stop. I can't remember if they did or not, but anyways, teens can be much more annoying than children because their intents are evil (kinda).

Post #6 · Posted at 2011-09-22 04:49:13am 12.5 years ago

Offline vanillaninja1
vanillaninja1 Avatar Member
182 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2010-08-09

"( 'A')"
Over here you get chavettes groping you sometimes >_>
That and the usual 'dumb kid jumping onto 2P pad and trying to imitate you to look cool in front of their mates when infact they're just making a fool out of themselves' thing Laughing Hard
UK DDR Champion 2011 Cool

Post #7 · Posted at 2011-09-22 04:52:27am 12.5 years ago

Offline Mr.Music
Mr.Music Avatar Member
2,088 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-28

I AM a child, but yes, it's happened to me. Some group of 10, maybe 11-year-old troublemakers came up to me and started messing around on the other pad and selecting my music for me. Very annoying.

Post #8 · Posted at 2011-09-22 04:52:36am 12.5 years ago

Offline PaperSak
PaperSak Avatar Member
1,248 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-09-16

Nintendo Network ID: PaperSak3DS Friend Code: 2363-5848-1224
"Take your hater shades off."

Last updated: 2011-09-22 04:57am
Kick all kids who screw around on the mat. KICK THEM OFF.
... ehm. Nobody really wants kids to suffer like brain damage, but they should get what they deserve. >_> Kon's excuse sounds like the best one.

There were a bunch of high school or something losers at my old arcade who were trying to tap the down arrow while someone was playing on heavy. Didn't see it but my bud says he stomped as hard as he could on the dude's foot and left him in pain. Yay.

Agh, I remember these stupid foreign kids recently. There's a fan by the ITG machine for several reasons and not ever seeing the light of a real X2, I was playing custom songs on said machine. Freaking brats were SCREAMING into the fan for that choppy voice effect, all high pitched and louder than the music in an already loud arcade. I tried asking the parents to get them to stop but I'm not sure they understood squat.

... I just hate kids in general. >_>

EDIT in response to the below post, even if you were kidding: I mean like dumb 6 year olds and people who act like them. xP

Post #9 · Posted at 2011-09-22 04:54:04am 12.5 years ago

Offline Mr.Music
Mr.Music Avatar Member
2,088 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-28

Post #10 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:02:28am 12.5 years ago

Offline chewi
chewi Avatar Member+
8,537 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-02-24

Quote: Mr.Music
You hate me? How rude.
Yep, that was totally a personal attack on you.
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation.png?1677865262

Post #11 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:04:05am 12.5 years ago

Offline Mr.Music
Mr.Music Avatar Member
2,088 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-28

Yep, I was totally being serious

Post #12 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:18:58am 12.5 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,489 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
This is why people don't really like you, Mr.Music.
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #13 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:19:35am 12.5 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1148-0077
Last year, I managed to pass an entire credit of Doubles songs on a machine in a Haven holiday camp, and for that, I deserve a fucking medal.

Post #14 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:21:02am 12.5 years ago

Offline Mr.Music
Mr.Music Avatar Member
2,088 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-08-28

LOL whoever -5'd me for being sarcastic

anyway, I don't see what I did that was so bad there. I was just joking anyway, its not like I take offense to stuff like that.

Post #15 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:27:43am 12.5 years ago

Offline Ryuzaki573
Ryuzaki573 Avatar Member
449 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-07-30

"I really want to hurt you."
I LOVE KICKING IDIOTS THAT GET IN MY WAY If it's a really little kid then I'll just bend over a little and push them off or something but when it's a person that's old enough to think I'll stomp on them, kick them, slap them, cuss them out, flip them off, or (usually) all of the above. It's not because I want to. It's because I have to.

Post #16 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:33:49am 12.5 years ago

Offline EmoKittyValentine
EmoKittyValentine Avatar Member
19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-08-17

Last updated: 2011-09-22 05:36am
It's not as bad at the arcade I play at, but sometimes the little kids will come up and start shouting, stomping, and going fucking NUTS!!!!!! It won't bother me untill the parents come up and shout "GO GO BABY!!! KEEP DOING IT YOU'RE WINNING!!!" and shit like that -_-'

This one time though, these girls crowded the hell out of me while I was playing POSSESSION and 2 of them came up and hugged me <3 So I don't really think it's bad all the time =P
One False Move Challenge = WTF!?

EPIC QUOTES:

there is none

Post #17 · Posted at 2011-09-22 05:54:55am 12.5 years ago

Offline starfoxluver
starfoxluver Avatar Member
198 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-12-26

Quote: aeubanks
Once when I was at Brunswick, there was a birthday party going (teens), and I was playing DDR Supernova. Some of them decided that it would be fun to mess me up by putting their foot on the back arrow. I ignored them for a bit, but then after a while, I yelled at them to stop. I can't remember if they did or not, but anyways, teens can be much more annoying than children because their intents are evil (kinda).

That happened to me when I was still in high school and playing DDR, God I hate when they do that >Sad

And to me if it were young kids I'd try my best not to injury them in any way accidentally or purposely...But if a bunch of teens and young adults act like douchebags I find the right timing to knee them or spin kick them in the face. Devil

Thank God for those martial arts classes! Puppy Face

Post #18 · Posted at 2011-09-22 06:23:27am 12.5 years ago

Offline Bolt-Edge
Bolt-Edge Avatar Member
2,361 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-03

"No."
i stepped on this one kids foot it was pretty satisfying
A̷̴̷͎̣̪̯̰̺͕͕̦͙̙̥͚̤͔̺̰ͭ̃ͯ͆̋ͨͧͩ̏̓̓ͨͤͨ̈ͫ͗̎͢ͅw̷̳̯̠̥ͦ̇̽̀̀ͩͯ͆̈̎̾͛̏͒͑ͩ̑͑͡ͅa̵̯̤̗͈̞̱͎͔͕͖͈̤͎͓͍̝͈̍͌̆ͨͤ̏͆͛̕͢ͅk̸̢͇̫̳̖̥̣̜̤̟̫͓̝̙̰̮ͪ͗̔ͣͧͩ͊̅̒̏̆͜ͅȩ̵̴̻̻͈͇̣͎͈͈͖̮̪͎̻͉̀ͣͭ̔ͮͭ̈́̎͑̽͌ͯͮ̑̉͑̀͘͞n̙͚̫͈̻̰͓͂͆ͣ̉ͬͯͩ͌ͤ̎͗̂̅͊̎ͥ̒́͢͟͠ͅ ̡̄̇̐̏ͦ͑̋͒̍̀ͯ̍̆͌̄̚҉̵͏̣͕̺͈̤̣̱͉̥̗̲̙̟̩̗̪̳̦̹m̵̵̖̭̺̰̭̣ͧ̑̌̔ͩ͡y͋̇̃̎̚͜҉̠͚̺̣̯̟͖̙͉̘̞̥͙̼̯͉̬ͅ ̶̸̬̝̥̦̫̦͓̗͚̈́̆͊̉ͤͤ̿͡C̷̛̣̳͕͔̳̤̬̻̩͍̝͙̹̏̿̔͊ͪ̓̂̎͝ͅḩ̷̤͈͙̫̾ͤ̌ͩ̽͌͑̾ͩ̓̄͢ȋ̵̧̙̲̪̱͓͉̟̾ͬ̊̅ͧ͆̀͟͜l̢͕͚̺̰̘̠̜̼̪̥͔̪̤̫͇̟̏̇̆͛͌ͥͪ̐͋ͨ̈̾͐̑̏͘͘͟d̢̨̙̩̣̞̫̞̖͕͎̄ͦ͂ͪͭ͛̔̿͋̄̔̐̒ͥ̚̕͟͜ ̶̨͓̯̫̹͉͚̬͕̙̦̰͗͌̽ͪ͡ͅͅAͩͤ̍̔ͦ͋͑ͫ̐̓̿̈́ͬͨͭ͏̸͕͈̥̮͇͖̼̝̺̤̩͙̲̙̭̖͡͠ͅn̢̟͔̰̬̦̹͑͑̌͒͑̉́́ḑ̶̵̨̮̘̩̗̘̪̮̬̤̙͖̺̭̖͖͍͈͓̯͑͒̐̍͛ͧ̊̔ͫ̇͟ ̣̻͉͙̯̺̔͋ͣ̾ͤ̌̿̕̕͜ͅȩ̎ͤ̌́ͣ̇̃͋ͨ̀ͩͦ̔̎̿͟͏̡̯̞͎̳͈̘̺͍̯̳̥̳͡m̵̶̨͎̘̗̩̗̩̠̦̮̼͈͖̹̼͇͆̅ͤ̈́̊̊̏ͪ̾̂ͅb̧̧̨͚̞̯̤̻ͥͩ͐̉̾́r̨͚͎̜͓̲̥̤̜̤͙̫ͨͤ̆͋͒̑ͧͯ̎̚͘͜ͅa̴̋̽ͦͨͤ͑ͮ́̚͜͏̯̪̰̞̩͙̳͈̖͎̘̞͇̥͇̫c̴̢̣̝͖̭̬̫̻̩̆̉͂̓ͯ̔̽͑̌͊̌ͦ́͢ę̦͚̜̟̻͕̻̖̰̱̞̱̹̣̪̭̙ͦ̆ͦ͗̾̂ͪ͑̋̎̎̃̄ͬ͗͗̋̀ ̝̯̹̻̩͚̱͚̽̈́͂ͭͮͤ͘t̥͎̫̘̫̫̰͈͔̔̓̅̇̌̑̈́̒ͯ͌͐̎̀̅͑̆́ͅh̡̆̍ͬ̿̈́͊̄̌̃́̄͑̅̏ͤ͏̬̙̦͉̭͈̝͎̩̦͎̮̬̀ę̸̞̼̲̫̯̪͈̉͑͒̏ͭ͊̀̿̚ ̶̨̨̛̣͓̻̰̭̰̮͎̲̦̲͐̑̒ͥͯ̈͌̌̆͛g̛͉̫̼̙̩̤̦̣̖̙̹̮̳̾̿͌̐ͥ̈ͩͫ̚̕͜͡͠lͫ͆̄͋ͥ̂͛̀̚͏̸͕̦̥̗̦̻͇̜͎̹͎̺ͅơ̸̶̢͍͔͖̞͙͚̺̹̩͙̹͉͔ͣ̔ͤ̐ͧ̈̇̂̍ͯ̚ͅr̸̸̛̰̺̩͍̼̪͚̟̱͔̯̈͒̊̀ͭͦ͘y̧ͯ͛͋ͣ̐͆̉̅ͤ͐̂̓͊̕͏̵̪̪̦̩̼̣͔̦̪͎̗͔̮̻̞͖̕ ̡͉̺̲̘̖̲͚̭̲̜̦̞̪̗̤̹̱̲͚̇̽ͯͤ͜ṯ̹̲̖̦̝̮̲͓̲͉̘͛̓̆̽̇̓̈́̄ͧͨ̋͗͘͞͞ḩ̛̜̺̞̼͙̫͍̭̟̯̳̱̻͖͚͊͋̉ͥ̉ͤ̇ͨ̄̉ͨ̏̃̂ͅͅa̢̞̞̗͔̥̟͉̝̺̼̺̮̓̈ͥͪ͗ͧͭ̓́̀͘ͅt̛̥͉̘̣̳́̔͗͛ͦ̆̾͆͂̋ͧ̈ͥ̋̉͝ ̻̲͔͍̪͚̠̠̣̳̟̱̲̤̥͎͓̲̐̑̾͗̄̉̆̊ͤ̇͌̒ͦͥ̚̚͡͠i̴̛̩͓͖̹̥̹̣̥̼̼̮̠͋̅̆̐̎ͫ̒͊ͦ̏̐͌̈͂̐͌̿̚͞ş̜̗̩͖̻̺͉̜̝̯̟̺̰̭̥̟͖̳̈́̆̋̂ͣ̚͟ͅ ̥͔͔͖̰̙̰̬͕̲̞͓̤̎ͭ̌̎ͩͧͤ͗ͮͯ̾̔̑̈̂͘y͑͒̌ͬ̽̌ͧ͗̄̎͟͏͕̰̫̫͈͚̤̫̙o͆͗̓͐͒̏̀̿ͫ̾̑̈́̓ͧ̚̚҉̷̟̼̮̺̠͕͈͔̣̮̬̥̣͙͙̲̖̹͕͢͡͠u̠̳̱̩͚̩̮̖̩̝̗̫͖̞̲͕̞ͥ̎͑͗ͥ̍ͩͫͤ͑̔̎͑̒ͦ̒́͜͡r̢͈̝͔͎̤̝̻̝͉̻̻͉̰ͬ̍́ͤ͆͑ͩͦ̋ͮ̋̓̅ͬͫ̃̕ ̸̵̶̶̣͍̭̞̪̫͕̞̬̞̙̭̦͚̗͚̏͛̑̎̐͊͛̒̃ͭ̄̄ͬͩ͡b̶̴͎̳̰̫̞͔̰̰̺͉̻̮̲̪̜̏̽͋̓̐͌̋ͬ̊̽͋͋̈̀̓̀̆͜͢͞ͅi̛ͦ̒ͥ̕͜͞҉͓͖̲r̟̺̗̤̘̟̋ͦͪ̾̿͒̇̒̋ͩ̅͒ͮͫ̑͘͠ť̷̴̉̽ͫͩ̏͊ͬ͂͑̅ͥ͐́̅͗҉͏̣͉̦̜͢ͅh̵͎͙̲̰̳̯͖̄̿̉͑̎̾̎͑͗̍͑̾̐͊́ ̫̻͕̳̤͓͔̞̯̈́͌̇̅ͮ̒͛ͣ̀͝r̴̸͈͔͉̤̻̘̱̹̹̺̻͚̙͖͆̐͐ͯͩ͊ͭ̾̌̃̑ͯ̇͠i͎͔̥̬̜̝̝͚̤̪̖͈̙̞ͭͪ̿ͧ͗̀ġ̞̲̮̣̼͍̹̞͔͇̘ͬ̏͛̆ͪ̒̆́̕h̾ͣͤ̃̔ͬ͊̐ͬ̃̋̓ͦ̓͋͌͗̿͏̢̦͔̰̤͍̻̭̬̺̬̥̹͔͍͎ͅṯ̶̢̛̭̻̹͎̝̘̳̞̫̣̝̑̌̊̊͆̒͆̀͘͞

Post #19 · Posted at 2011-09-22 06:38:45am 12.5 years ago

Online yindesu
yindesu Avatar Member
782 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-01-02

Round1 used to have this problem. I wouldn't know now since I basically only enjoy playing on one of their machines (and it's the manufacturers' fault, not Round1's) and that machine is the farthest "inside".

Also there seems to be more space around the dancing machines iirc, so that would also explain it.

Post #20 · Posted at 2011-09-22 06:46:33am 12.5 years ago

Offline CynicalOkie
CynicalOkie Avatar Member
541 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-02-27

3DS Friend Code: 5370-1122-8774
"Care cup is empty! c[_]"
I think my best advice to give in this regard, is to play during the weekdays. All the keedz gots to go to skool and beez edumacated. So chances are, they're all staying home and doing homework, and I think the general public sees Friday and Saturday as being the prime days to go out and do stuff.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 17:25:09
This page took 0.021 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language