Improvement tips?

Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2011-09-06 01:35:45am 12.5 years ago

Offline rayword45
rayword45 Avatar Member
489 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-08-29

I started playing ITG in 2007, but haven't been playing a lot on pad until recently, since I finally found an arcade with a machine nearby my house.

Anyways, for the most part, I can pass pretty much every 10, at least half of the 11s, and 2-3 12s. But these two factors rally screw me up.

2. Crossovers

Not that much of a problem about passing, but my scores on Soapy Bubble/The Beginning are atrocious. Mythology isn't that bad though.

1. Either Fast Stream or Stamina (???)

I have a problem deciding which one it is. I can pass (with really crappy scores) Vertex and Go 60 Go but the triplet-stream section of Destiny cause me to fail every time. The intro I can usually BARELY pass through.

Any tips or good practice songs?

Post #2 · Posted at 2011-09-06 06:50:01am 12.5 years ago

Offline sharibetsu
sharibetsu Avatar Member+
1,073 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-06-24
MySpace: sharibetsu
3DS Friend Code: 0473-8645-1934
"~Let's keep it real~"
Welcome to ZIv, I won't be able to help you with improvements but I just wanted to say that you'll find enough ITG vets who can help you out. I just wanted to post this here to let you know that you won't go unanswered, also you're way out of my playing range for me to help with any kind of "tips." So, good luck and do you have any game play vids of you playing? Some people might be able to help you out a little more if they saw your playing style.
Quote: Yuichi
Next songs are....this,this this and this one.

Post #3 · Posted at 2011-09-06 10:22:29am 12.5 years ago

Offline rayword45
rayword45 Avatar Member
489 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-08-29

Firstly, thanks for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately I don't have any gameplay videos since I don't have a camera. If I do get one, I'll be sure to post something up though.

Post #4 · Posted at 2011-09-06 10:33:48am 12.5 years ago

Offline Ali Uchiha
Ali Uchiha Avatar Member
540 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2008-08-13

"お前をオカズにした事がある"
Footspeed is the key.
Try to barely move your feet. The less the better. Watch JJ (calimist) or Mad Matt footwork videos, and analyze them, you'll see how they keep their feet the most centered as possible. If you notice, they also kinda vibrate, but that requires more practice, because you're probably used to raising your legs and hitting arrows in the center of the panel. For stamina, I'd recommend just not playing ITG, you could jog or do any kind of exercise that'll strengthen your legs and body in general so you can push yourself a lot more. Also another technique a friend recommended, do not bracket on a song you can't pass. For example, Bloodrush: First play it and get 10% for example with all your energy, then go to 20%, and so on until you pass it. That might help, and of course, you have to push yourself if you want to pass hard stuff, that's a way to getting stamina. By the way, I remember reading a guide on how to use the bar and how it helps (and how it's not supposed to be used), if I get to find it, I'll place the link here.
Quote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31374809/quotesilver2.png
08:08:46 · Silverhawke: IE is the best browser
08:08:51 · Silverhawke: to download other browsers
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31374809/LakersandDDRbanner.png

Post #5 · Posted at 2011-09-13 09:27:11am 12.5 years ago

Offline rayword45
rayword45 Avatar Member
489 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-08-29

I actually already move my feet very low, but I'll attempt vibrating ASAP.

Not bracketing got me to the exact same point on Destiny after 3 times failing.

Alright, so I managed to pass Destiny (along with Tell as my 4th 12) using the vibrating trick. These are the 11s I have yet to pass any tips/tricks?

(In order of difficulty IMO)

July - It's really draining but it should be easier (due to simplistic patterns), I usually fail right after the 12ths.

Hardcore Symphony - Same as July pretty much

Monolith - The placement of the triplets requires either double-stepping or crossovers. Again, I think tips would be helpful.

Pandemonium - Heavy Stream + Weird-ass patterns = AWSHIT

Post #6 · Posted at 2011-09-13 09:31:21am 12.5 years ago

Offline iNEXSERTiON
iNEXSERTiON Avatar Member+
2,070 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-14

Vibrating works best for me. To work on footspeed a bit, try playing Robotix on Hard. At the long roll midway through the song, try to get your feet going as fast as possible. It will wear you out first couple of times, but it helps. (at least for me)
I stole DDR X2 CS from the internet; it's my fault the music game genre is dying.

Post #7 · Posted at 2011-09-13 10:40:26am 12.5 years ago

Offline boomba
boomba Avatar Member
11,698 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-01-19

"~ The evolution has begun ! ~"
Anyone could explain the "vibrating" thing? and also perhaps some tips to "vibrate". Thanks before... Happy

Post #8 · Posted at 2011-09-13 11:08:41am 12.5 years ago

Offline MUTE
MUTE Avatar Member
74 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-06-27

Quote: iNEXSERTiON
To work on footspeed a bit, try playing Robotix on Hard. At the long roll midway through the song, try to get your feet going as fast as possible.
This is actually a really really bad idea for several reasons. First and foremost, newer players have this misconception about needing to hit rolls as fast as possible and this does nothing to assuage it. The interval you need to hit rolls at to keep them from dropping is approximately equivalent to 4th notes at 180 bpm. (I'm paraphrasing here, but it's somewhere around there.) Robotix hard is the quintessential example of when I see newer users spazzing out unnecessarily on rolls. It ain't gonna do shit for your accuracy if you hit the two roll heads as fast as possible; you'll snag everything but fantastics on them. And if you keep spazzing during that roll, you're only wearing yourself unnecessarily. And it's not like you get judged on anything between the roll heads and the roll tails, so how can you say that "vibrating" during rolls is ever going to help your FA on any actual arrow patterns?

You wanna get good at footspeed? Play stuff that involves footspeed. Or more specifically, play stuff that qualifies as footspeed to YOU. Having trouble doing Destiny's streams? Then find some songs that are at a slightly lower bpm than that and play them until they are easy to you. Same goes for songs with crossovers. Can't score for shit on Soapy Bubble? Practice a song that has crossovers at a slightly lower bpm. Can't find any charts that fit those criteria? Well then just find a simfile in the necessary bpm range and make your own chart for it in Stepmania.
Download my simfiles at mutesims.tumblr.com.

Post #9 · Posted at 2011-09-14 03:10:29am 12.5 years ago

Offline iNEXSERTiON
2,070 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-14

Quote: boomba
Anyone could explain the "vibrating" thing? and also perhaps some tips to "vibrate". Thanks before... Happy

You're basically lifting your feet up off the arrow so very slightly, then hitting the arrow again and repeating. It looks like your feet are vibrating.
I stole DDR X2 CS from the internet; it's my fault the music game genre is dying.

Post #10 · Posted at 2011-09-16 07:32:26am 12.5 years ago

Offline rayword45
rayword45 Avatar Member
489 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-08-29

Any particular songs you'd reccomend? I can FC the streams in Xuxa/Utopia with, like, 4 greats (which is fantastic for me :p). Mythology/The Beginning I do bad on, but not nearly as bad as Soapy Bubble.

Post #11 · Posted at 2011-09-16 08:45:25am 12.5 years ago

Offline iNEXSERTiON
2,070 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-14

I've never played Soapy Bubble before. I guess I'll need to try it next time I get the chance.

Post #12 · Posted at 2012-03-27 02:05:26pm 12 years ago

Offline wtaylor2003
wtaylor2003 Avatar Member
5 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-03-14

Do you ever play custom songs or do you only play officials? If you play custom songs the way i got my stamina up was to play songs with alot of stream, but start out with a lower bpm, i first started with walk on water which has 140 bpm 16ths and just got good at that, then moved on to songs with 150 bpm 16s like fer sure and then just kept going on from there
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 13:38:35
This page took 0.01 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language