Logo

The worst DDR machine you’ve ever played on.

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2007-07-08 01:13:19pm 16.7 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Have you ever been to a DDR machine and it was in the crappiest conditions? Well post it hears.

The worst machine I’ve never been to had these problems.

On the player 1 side, the down and left panels stick and don’t work. Now you’re saying, “Just use the player 2 side” well… that’s the 2nd problem. The machine’s left button is also broken. So when you are selecting music, you can’t change to ABC or Top 20. (It’s an Extreme machine BTW).

So what’s the worst DDR machine you’ve have ever played on?

Post #2 · Posted at 2007-07-08 01:59:44pm 16.7 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
The worst I ever played was an ITG 2 machine at an asumement park in Ohio. Me and my friends saw it and rushed to get tokens. As soon as we got to the song list, we noticed that the selecting buttons didn't work well, and soon the song wheel was just spinning~~.

So after the time runs out, it picks a song, and the pads don't work AT ALL. Which kind of pissed me off. It was a dedicab too, so I was surprised. After we left, my friend and I joked that they had made the machine go on the water ride before they put it in.

Post #3 · Posted at 2007-07-08 10:55:43pm 16.7 years ago

Offline Tylky
Tylky Avatar Member
2 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-07-08

The worst one I've ever played on was Dancing Stage Fusion at McArthur Glen in Bridgend. The down arrow always failed and even when the jumps came up, I was still failing!

Post #4 · Posted at 2007-07-08 11:28:24pm 16.7 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Quote: Tylky
The worst one I've ever played on was Dancing Stage Fusion at McArthur Glen in Bridgend. The down arrow always failed and even when the jumps came up, I was still failing!
That reminds me of another arcade. In this machine, (Also Extreme.) the left panel on player 1’s side only works if you stomp on it. It has been like that for 3 years now.Mad Not only that, there is a light right above the screen, so it glares and you can’t see your arrows. It’s not the worst foe me because it’s 3 tokens for 5 songs with joint Premium.Green Grin

Post #5 · Posted at 2007-07-16 09:48:13pm 16.7 years ago

Offline T-14
T-14 Avatar Member
97 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2007-06-23

I went to Canada's Wonderland a few years ago and I played on a machine with Extreme US in it, that's not nearly the worst part, the coin system pretty much didn't work, and the pad were almost not responsive at all, it would only actual hit every 1/5 notes, if that. It was terrible.
"Let me ride one, just one"

Post #6 · Posted at 2007-07-20 06:42:31am 16.7 years ago

Offline Striker-Ryu
Striker-Ryu Avatar Member
2 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-06-27

The worst one I've played on...hmm. It would have to be when I went to an arcade called "Scandia" a few weeks back. I played on both machines...they were horrible. The MAX 2 had pad errors all over it, and the EXTREME wasn't loud enough. Bummer. Cry

Post #7 · Posted at 2007-07-20 07:30:41am 16.7 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Quote: Striker-Ryu
and the EXTREME wasn't loud enough. Bummer. Cry

I’ve been there.;) and can we safely say

DDR Machine + water parks = BAD

Post #8 · Posted at 2007-07-27 10:42:36pm 16.7 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,023 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
I've never played on a DDR Solo mix before but I played on one about a month ago and the arrows were sticky and they also felt unresponsive. But it was nice to play on one though.

Post #9 · Posted at 2007-08-06 01:58:25pm 16.7 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Quote: silenttype01
I've never played on a DDR Solo mix before but I played on one about a month ago and the arrows were sticky and they also felt unresponsive. But it was nice to play on one though.
I always wanted to play on a Solo machine.Sad I’ve seen pictures, and if I ever get a metal pad for my house, I’m getting the Solo pads. My bro is sick of hitting the bar when he hits the down panel.Confused

Post #10 · Posted at 2007-08-07 08:09:17am 16.7 years ago

Offline Diziyyuki
Diziyyuki Avatar Member
685 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-12-18

Quote: Pandemonium X
Quote: Striker-Ryu
and the EXTREME wasn't loud enough. Bummer. Cry

I’ve been there.;) and can we safely say

DDR Machine + water parks = BAD

I can agree. The DDR EXTREME machine at Splash Lagoon was crap. The step detection was horrible, the music wasn't loud enough, and the pad got pretty hot after a while.

Post #11 · Posted at 2007-08-07 09:59:42am 16.7 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Quote: Diziyyuki
and the pad got pretty hot after a while.
WHATShocked

The only time my pads get hot is when I play is when i'm playing Sexy Planet (From Nonstop Mega Mix)Laughing Out Loud

Post #12 · Posted at 2007-08-09 02:46:44am 16.7 years ago

Offline KLRMI12
KLRMI12 Avatar Member
2 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2007-06-20

The worst machine I have played on is the one at Fireside Lanes. They never fix the selection buttons. I WANT TO PLAY E-MOTION DANGIT! lol

Post #13 · Posted at 2007-09-22 06:12:19am 16.5 years ago

Offline Timer Rabbit
Timer Rabbit Avatar Member
469 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-09-22

Nintendo Network ID: timerrabbit3DS Friend Code: 5000-4356-7321
"『))ゝ▽Ծ,,)"
Urgh.

I been to two bowling alleys with their DDR EX/MAX2 machines. And god my friend got suffered because a left arrow is not working. D:

Then later when I play alone, (at the 2nd bowling alley) The arrows are semi-okay, but can't hold down the freeze arrows, so I turn it off. And to step properly, I have to stomp. Cowgirl Standard. Man.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Timer%20Rabbit%27s%20Revival/Timer%20Rabbit%27s%20Revival.png?1395004567
Currently retired, unless I find a spark to return making files.

Post #14 · Posted at 2007-09-24 01:30:33am 16.5 years ago

Offline RandomUser_Trigger_H
RandomUser_Trigger_H Avatar Member
143 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-08-17

Let me drop some science...

... not literally.

Bad Machine #1:

I went to White Plains Bowl because I heard about their 3 songs for .50 Max 2. I always wanted to play a Max 2 again and the .50 deal seemed pretty sweet. So I drop by and I find out the left side's right arrow was actually stuck, so to avoid that, you'd have to play on the suspiciously neater right side. Apparently the glare from the ceiling made it near impossible for you to take pictures of your score. On top of that, the kids there ruin the experience, making the venture there not worth it (I took an hour and a half to get there).

Bad Machine #2:

I decided to drop by Chelsea Piers in New York yesterday. I wanted to clear my chart of all the songs I didn't pass yet for my Recall. I watch as these two people play and the 2nd player seemed to keep on jumping on the up and right arrow on beat. The thing is, the 2nd player isn't jumping at all. On top of that, the up and right arrow would stop ghosting when the up or right arrow came in, so it was like a cruel ghost that wanted to play a mean trick on the player.

After the couple played (they were beginners), I got on the machine only to find out the $1 for 5 song deal was gone. Replaced by a locked machine with an extremely good 1p side. The thing is, this is an official Japanese DDR machine, so I excused it for being one of the rare official machines out there now. I will probably bring it up with the people there about fixing/unlocking the machine.

Bad Machine #3:

Toys R Us in Times Square, 2nd floor. SuperNOVA (notice how I am going from mix to newer mix with more an more problems?) machine that is relatively new. I jump on and hope to bust out some new records for people to shimmy and shake on. The pads weren't broken in, so I decide to give it a break and go to the bottom floor one which is more responsive. Weeks later I go back, it's broken in, but now it's less responsive than the one on the bottom floor, as some of the arrows get stiff and aren't pressed at all. I was forced to stomp on every arrow to get my extra stage, which is hard when you're doing the jumps in Ska Ska No. 3.

Bad Machine #4:

Jersey Gardens AMC Theatre, SuperNOVA 2. The left side's down arrow gets stuck at the worst time, during my run on PARANOIA Survivor, the song I never fail. I wind up failing it as my first stage, so I convert to the 2p side and the side isn't as responsive. Some guy comes up and we talk for a short while and I venture along the Gardens to see other machines. I come back to SN2 and I ask the guy which side he thinks is better. He tells me it's the 1p side, which means that the side that failed me is the side that works the most decent of them all. Not good.

Bad Machine #5:

Jersey Gardens, Jeepers. Kids arcade that had an unlocked Japanese Memory Card Extreme. Both sides are extremely unresponsive (I barely passed any of my songs), some strange dried up substance was covering the 1p side, and nobody seems to know how to fix any of it.

Fin.

Post #15 · Posted at 2007-09-24 05:52:05am 16.5 years ago

Offline amorite
amorite Avatar Member
453 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-17

"_sessu#0802"
Quote: RandomUser_Trigger_H

Bad Machine #4:

Jersey Gardens AMC Theatre, SuperNOVA 2. The left side's down arrow gets stuck at the worst time, during my run on PARANOIA Survivor, the song I never fail. I wind up failing it as my first stage, so I convert to the 2p side and the side isn't as responsive. Some guy comes up and we talk for a short while and I venture along the Gardens to see other machines. I come back to SN2 and I ask the guy which side he thinks is better. He tells me it's the 1p side, which means that the side that failed me is the side that works the most decent of them all. Not good.

Bad Machine #5:

Jersey Gardens, Jeepers. Kids arcade that had an unlocked Japanese Memory Card Extreme. Both sides are extremely unresponsive (I barely passed any of my songs), some strange dried up substance was covering the 1p side, and nobody seems to know how to fix any of it.

Fin.

For SN2, I had that problem with doubles. The down arrow got stuck and stayed that way the whole day. I asked for someone to help, they never came. But the 2P side is great, all sensors work perfectly.

For the Extreme, when I went back in August, it worked fine except the pads weren't all that great. They were playable though. Goes to show what happens when you put a DDR machine in a kid's place.
Check out my simfiles:
Pulsemix 1st Style (Currently being remastered)
Pulsemix 2nd Style (Complete, 25 songs)
Pulsemix 3rd Style (Ongoing, 19 songs)

Post #16 · Posted at 2007-09-24 06:59:01am 16.5 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
n00b_saib0t Avatar Member
2,299 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: n00bsaib0tNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7875-2425-72033DS Friend Code: 4871-6557-4900
"F***ing exhausted."
disneyland's SN machine fails.

i hate failing oni courses on the first song when i normally FC the course.
Quote: sharibetsu in The Unwritten Rules of ZIv thread
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.

Post #17 · Posted at 2007-09-24 09:17:30am 16.5 years ago

143 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-08-17

Quote: amorite
Quote: RandomUser_Trigger_H

Bad Machine #4:

Bad Machine #5:

Fin.

For SN2, I had that problem with doubles. The down arrow got stuck and stayed that way the whole day. I asked for someone to help, they never came. But the 2P side is great, all sensors work perfectly.

For the Extreme, when I went back in August, it worked fine except the pads weren't all that great. They were playable though. Goes to show what happens when you put a DDR machine in a kid's place.

For Sn2, the 2p side wasn't as responsive as I hoped it was (or at least compared to the other machnes). So it wasn't the best choice for those who aim to AA/AAA.

You're somewhat lucky. When I was there, I kept on getting random misses and crap. It infuriated me for the most part, and it ruined PSMO for me that day (mainly because I was doing more stomping and I got tired really really fast.)

Post #18 · Posted at 2007-09-24 01:30:00pm 16.5 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
n00b_saib0t Avatar Member
2,299 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: n00bsaib0tNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7875-2425-72033DS Friend Code: 4871-6557-4900
"F***ing exhausted."
why the hell were you guys playing EXTREME songs on SN2? PS and PSM? seriously, wasnt there some new material you should have been trying? its like the people at E3 who played .59, tsugaru, and absolute at the EXUS demo, it was the same song you had already played 1000 times, why waste time with that?
Quote: sharibetsu in The Unwritten Rules of ZIv thread
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.

Post #19 · Posted at 2007-09-25 04:43:55am 16.5 years ago

143 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-08-17

Oh, sorry, I meant to say that I got PSMO ruined for me on the EXTREME machine.

Also, there is a reason why I was playing EXTREME songs on SN2. The reason? The time.

I was recording a video of the songlist and wanted to browse through EXTREME to show the changes, but I had 10 seconds left and was in the middle of the M section. So I rushed to a PARANOiA song and landed on PS.

Post #20 · Posted at 2008-06-21 09:57:15pm 15.8 years ago

Offline jorellpd
jorellpd Avatar Member
293 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-08

Origin: Forza_Joey
"Who says that!!"
Well here in the Philippines, we ave here almost the oldest and at the same time, the crappiest DDR machine that I have played. DDR 2nd Mix... is the worst and the crappiest...
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 02:13:40
This page took 0.016 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language