Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2011-07-14 08:13:24pm 12.7 years ago

Offline Tatsh_real
Tatsh_real Avatar Member
7 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-07-20

Project: https://github.com/tatsh/StepMania-Utilities

I'm starting this small thing on a small-time basis I suppose.

I just haven't found a utility to batch update songs with a new gap or BPMs. These are the current 2 utilities: dwi-adjust-gap and dwi-adjust-bpm.

dwi-adjust-gap myfile.dwi -200 # Add -200 to the #GAP (integer only, including negative)
dwi-adjust-bpm myfile.dwi 20.5 # Add 20.5 to the BPM (floating point supported, including negative)

In each case, it writes to myfile-fixed.dwi NOT myfile.dwi

So now I can do in Bash (to adjust all song #GAP values by +100):

#!/bin/sh
if [ "$1" = "" ]; then
exit
fi

gap=$1
for i in *; do cd "$i" && for j in *.dwi; do dwi-adjust-gap "$j" "$gap" && rm "$j" && mv "${j%.*}-fixed.dwi" "$j"; done && cd ..; done

The problem really stems from TapMania on iPhone which currently has a bad gap. The source is a little strange for me to work with so I haven't tried to fix the app directly yet (I'm fairly new to iOS development).

The code compiles on Windows as well. You probably need to use Mingw and MSYS to get the most out of it there (at least easily).

If you want to join this project or have a utility just note I would like to keep consistency. If you use the DWI parser there your code has to be GPL (this is because the DWI parser is heavily based on TapMania's). Code committed may only be portable C for now (no POSIX and no C++ or Objective-C). All code is checked with Valgrind.

I will have a SM parser (and command line converter) soon, likely based on TapMania's or StepMania's.

Hope somebody finds these useful.

Tested on iPhone as well. Compiles fine. One could quickly fix a number of songs via SSH.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 12% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 06:01:05
This page took 0.002 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language