Offline sharibetsu
sharibetsu Avatar Member+
1,073 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-06-24
MySpace: sharibetsu
3DS Friend Code: 0473-8645-1934
"~Let's keep it real~"
Ok, after looking at max's amazing spray-paint job of his custom "Special Edition DJ Hero Turntable" I decided I'll take my USKOC apart and give it a nice touch of paint. I have no idea what colors or designs I want to do other than lots of blue, green, silver, or similar colors. I think the type of spray paint will also be taken into consideration as I was thinking of being a little spendy. Maybe a metallic look or shiny acrylic? Should I go with a theme or what?

It should be noted that I'm not making any hardware modifications other than the wax paper TT mod. The only reason why I haven't done that yet is because I'm too busy playing with my JKOC. I only use my USKOC for playing with friends (they get this) and failing doubles when I'm bored. I plan on taking the entire thing apart and removing all circuitry to pain the insides as well just so it's colored all the way through and doesn't look horrible if someone else takes it apart.

I don't plan on starting this for at least a month or two so help me get some ideas rolling. Alright? Very Happy
Quote: Yuichi
Next songs are....this,this this and this one.

Post #2 · Posted at 2011-04-06 05:47:01pm 12.9 years ago

Offline Mercury
Mercury Avatar Member+
807 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-06-15

Go with a theme, don't jump in there without knowing what colours you'll want.

I have a tip: take a picture of it and play around with it in Photoshop. That said, I'd personally go for arty stuff like colourful swirls and spots on the pad, while making the buttons stand out. Not rainbow colours, but mainly shades of blue with black, white and other colours thrown in for good measure.

Graffiti art is good as well.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1229.png?t=1299671484

Post #3 · Posted at 2011-04-07 04:57:58am 12.9 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Post #4 · Posted at 2011-04-08 12:31:40am 12.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
He's talking about what i just uploaded to my Picture Gallery.

A DJ Hero controller was easy to take apart and put back together, i had a feeling that there was going to be a high chance that it would not work after what/how we tore it apart, but amazingly it works perfectly.

As for what your trying to do, i am not too sure how simple it is to take it apart, ALSO, you may need special tools to take it apart, i know we did for the DJ Hero controller (actually, if you can find yourself a Laptop Repair Tool Kit, you should be fine because that's what we used).

You should totally EMPRESS that bitch up :v

Post #5 · Posted at 2011-04-08 02:34:29am 12.9 years ago

Offline sharibetsu
sharibetsu Avatar Member+
1,073 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-06-24
MySpace: sharibetsu
3DS Friend Code: 0473-8645-1934
"~Let's keep it real~"
Quote: Mercury
Go with a theme, don't jump in there without knowing what colours you'll want.

I have a tip: take a picture of it and play around with it in Photoshop. That said, I'd personally go for arty stuff like colourful swirls and spots on the pad, while making the buttons stand out. Not rainbow colours, but mainly shades of blue with black, white and other colours thrown in for good measure.

Graffiti art is good as well.

I know I need to plan before I start doing it, that's why I wanted some input. Maybe I'll make it themed for Bemanistyle and do my JKOC for Zenius or something. (Black and Gold for the IIDX GOLD April Fools Day theme?)

Quote: Max
He's talking about what i just uploaded to my Picture Gallery.

A DJ Hero controller was easy to take apart and put back together, i had a feeling that there was going to be a high chance that it would not work after what/how we tore it apart, but amazingly it works perfectly.

As for what your trying to do, i am not too sure how simple it is to take it apart, ALSO, you may need special tools to take it apart, i know we did for the DJ Hero controller (actually, if you can find yourself a Laptop Repair Tool Kit, you should be fine because that's what we used).

You should totally EMPRESS that bitch up :v

Quote: silenttype01
paint it in shades of pink

Actually I have it almost completely apart. I took the case apart just to see how bad it was on the inside and it's surprisingly simple. My Gameboy Advance and NDS were worse than this thing.

I would do an EMPRESS theme but I don't think I could make it look that good unless I used the EMPRESS emblem a lot. You know that Butterfly thing that's in Fly Above and used in the game often?
Quote: Yuichi
Next songs are....this,this this and this one.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 08:07:42
This page took 0.003 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language