Register Log In Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2011-02-08 11:35:52am 13.1 years ago

Offline DarkFeline
DarkFeline Avatar Member
801 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2010-08-31

"My paw is incompurrable!"
-Before 4th Mix Plus was introduced, all single stepcharts of Butterfly (Upswing Mix) end with the up arrow.
https://i.imgur.com/HuNZAc8.png
Credit to Lord Toon for the awesome banner.
Background scripts for Max-Extreme Random Movies users + FMVs.

Post #22 · Posted at 2011-02-08 11:46:21am 13.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
- Catherine is the first non-playable character who never shows up in the DDR PS3 version (or ANY DDR version for that matter), yet is on the official DDR PS3 website and talks about her "interesting" capades through her Diary.

...and that's about it on my end, i wouldn't even know if this counts :/

Post #23 · Posted at 2011-02-08 11:58:40am 13.1 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1148-0077
Quote: Max
- Catherine is the first non-playable character who never shows up in the DDR PS3 version (or ANY DDR version for that matter), yet is on the official DDR PS3 website and talks about her "interesting" capades through her Diary.

What about Jason Enos?

Post #24 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:09:35pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Quote: Tyma

What about Jason Enos?
...yeah, you lost me :s

Give us a helping hand as to who this guy is?

Post #25 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:20:30pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

He was the localisation guy at KoA. He posted once in a blue moon on the DDRFreak forums, and was initiaily revered like a god, because he presumably had a say in which licenses and KOs were included in each american release.

Obviously, he had his name in all the credits, and he was towing the company line in magazine interviews and stuff, and was the only tangeable link that anyone in the US had to the Bemani team, so people on DDR forums quickly started alternating between annoying him with questions, and trying to single-handedly blame every bad decision Konami ever made on his head alone.

He got his revenge on the DDR community by producing the god awful PC version of DDR, and including himself as a playable character :{

Post #26 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:25:51pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Queen-Zukin
Queen-Zukin Avatar Member
1,251 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-11

"cold weather season♪"
including himself as a playable character :{
UNIVERSE 3?

Post #27 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:29:07pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

"Charlie isn't real"
He was the localisation guy at KoA. He posted once in a blue moon on the DDRFreak forums, and was initiaily revered like a god, because he presumably had a say in which licenses and KOs were included in each american release.

Obviously, he had his name in all the credits, and he was towing the company line in magazine interviews and stuff, and was the only tangeable link that anyone in the US had to the Bemani team, so people on DDR forums quickly started alternating between annoying him with questions, and trying to single-handedly blame every bad decision Konami ever made on his head alone.

He got his revenge on the DDR community by producing the god awful PC version of DDR, and including himself as a playable character :{
Wow...

Learn something new everyday folks...

Post #28 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:29:42pm 13.1 years ago

Offline eddie
eddie Avatar Member
23 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2008-01-10

Jason Enos used to be the DDR brand manager for KOA when they were located in Sunnyvale, CA. He now works for EA and is a very nice guy. He was made into a character (along with a few other MIA characters) on DDR PC.

Edit on Enos: He posted on DDRFreak because during that timeframe a number of oldschool Northern California DDR players were on the QA team at Konami of America and they urged him to do so. People seem to have a negative memory of him, but he's always had a genuine love for the game and done everything in his power to try and please the fans. I have very fond memories of him as he introduced me to Togo and Akira Yamaoka in 2005, and Yoshihiko Ota in 2006. He definitely deserves some of the praise that people have given him in the past. Same goes for Hiro, who was the production manager for DDR PC and all of the XBox/XBox 360 DDR games as well as Walk It Out. Hiro is a great guy as well, and had great intentions, he was just a bit misguided and thus relied heavily on the QA team to help create the XBox titles. The QA guys were responsible for many of the stepcharts in all of the XBox games, as well as the Dancing Stage licenses around the same time period, and some of them were hired to create charts for SuperNOVA and SuperNOVA 2.

As for "JUMP" being on 2ndMIX, this has a lot of conflicting reports. It was very early into the game's lifespan so I feel that there's a good chance that the information got jumbled a bit. From my recollection JUMP, BOYS and MONEY were on the DDR 1stMIX location test version. The 3 of them were likely cut due to licensing costs (not because of Make It Better, which has been a longtime rumor). Do consider that at the time DDR was being made, no one in Konami was fully convinced it would be a hit and almost all of the music in 1st mix was already licensed, leading to high prodcution costs.

The odd thing about JUMP and BOYS on DDR 1st as I personally remember them being reported is that there is no data on any of the arcade discs to back this up. Money is left in, so we know that was meant to be in the game, but the other 2 songs are entirely MIA. This also tends to lead me to believe a bit that JUMP was never even destined for 2ndMIX because we're left with Junk data for Put Your Faith In Me and Xanadu amongst others, but no proof of JUMP's existence in the game at the time even still. This leads me to be a bit skeptical, especially since no photographs of the song at the original test exist either. Konami is also notorious for not cleaning up unused data from their arcade games before they release them.

The real problem with all of this though, is that it was so long ago and as of now we have no concrete proof, so it's really hard to say if the information is right or wrong. My personal stance on it is since there's no real proof, but plenty of people remember it being included for one reason or another, it should be chalked up as a rumor.

As for an interesting thing to contribute:

- A very late run of DDR 1st IR cabinets (before 2ndMIX was released) included a "soft" marquee rather than the standard hard shell marquee the production models of 1st, 2nd and 3rd included. I can confirm this as I own one of said "soft" marquees. 2nd & 3rdMIX kits included a soft marquee while the full cabinets included the printed hard shell marquee.

- After the abysmal failure of Martial Beat, Konami offered conversion kits for the cabinets to change them into DDR MAX2 or EXTREME (depending on your timing). Arcade Infinity bought one of these conversions when they got their MAX2 kits originally. It included all artwork and new pads.

Post #29 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:39:24pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Kiri_No_Haku
Kiri_No_Haku Avatar Member
378 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-07-20

DDR Extreme has a glitch where you can play hidden challenge steps (finished or unfinished) such as Love <3 Shine, Last Message, and Dam Dariram if you select courses the exact half-second before the timer ends while switching from nonstop to oni. (forgot how they did this exactly)

Also, you can find some bootlegged DDR Extreme machines that have Healing Vision~Angelic Mix~ in several different parts of the song list as a renamed version of a song, yet it will play the original song that was renamed when you select it and possibily crashing during gameplay. (I've seen a fews of these in Florida, like in Sea World's arcade)

Lastly, Jenny gets progessively sluttier with each new AC release of DDR. It is expected that she will dance completely naked sometime in the next few installments of the AC.

Post #30 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:40:41pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

Quote: eddie
From my recollection JUMP, BOYS and MONEY were on the DDR 1stMIX location test version.

Boys was actually on the Dancing Stage location test machine (which pre-dates, but is probably confused with Japanese 1st Mix location tests).

I saw a video at the time of Jump being played on DDR 2nd Mix, so I've never doubted that it was legit. In hindsight, though, this was during a time when people were creating shitty bootleg copies, by replacing the audio data on the disc with their own songs, and leaving the other data intact, then passing it off as "DDR China Mix" or "DDR 2.5", where the steps and ingame data would be identical to 2nd ReMix, but different audio would play.

There's no proof that Jump ever existed, and since alot of graphics and simfiles from that era are lost now, I don't think we'll ever know.

Post #31 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:47:01pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

"Charlie isn't real"
Quote: Kiri_No_Haku
Also, you can find some bootlegged DDR Extreme machines that have Healing Vision~Angelic Mix~ in several different parts of the song list as a renamed version of a song, yet it will play the original song that was renamed when you select it and possibily crashing during gameplay. (I've seen a fews of these in Florida, like in Sea World's arcade)
CAN DEFINITELY ATTEST TO THIS.

And by bootlegged DDR EXTREME machines, he means DDR Megamix, although wouldn't know if you can count that since Megamix is, what, a Korean version of DDR or something?

Post #32 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:54:12pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Did you know Dam Dariram's Challenge chart was in fact for Give Me Up by Captain Jack?

MATSURI JAPAN (FROM NONSTOP MEGAMIX) has yet to be in a CS US DDR.

Trust and Zero have blood taken out of there videos in the US versions of DDR

HIGHS OFF U (Scorccio XY Mix) has a F bomb in it. Tongue

true... (radio edit) was the 1st DDR song to have japanese vocals

Post #33 · Posted at 2011-02-08 12:55:11pm 13.1 years ago

Offline neodude237
neodude237 Avatar Member
1,169 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-17

Quote: Kiri_No_Haku
CAN DEFINITELY ATTEST TO THIS.

And by bootlegged DDR EXTREME machines, he means DDR Megamix, although wouldn't know if you can count that since Megamix is, what, a Korean version of DDR or something?
I think you're referring to DDR "CLEAN" Mix.

Post #34 · Posted at 2011-02-08 01:08:14pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

Quote: Pandemonium X

If you don't count Dancing Stage feat. True Kiss Destination then Dive (DDR Extra Mix CS) was the first song with Japanese vocals. Sana Molette Ne Ente (5th Mix AC) was the second.

Post #35 · Posted at 2011-02-08 01:19:35pm 13.1 years ago

Offline eddie
eddie Avatar Member
23 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2008-01-10

If you don't count Dancing Stage feat. True Kiss Destination then Dive (DDR Extra Mix CS) was the first song with Japanese vocals. Sana Molette Ne Ente (5th Mix AC) was the second.

You're both forgetting been so long and chotto kiitena ~zanshin na mix~ from Club Version.

Post #36 · Posted at 2011-02-08 01:23:54pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

Let's say Eddie's right, and never mention Chotto Kiitena again!

Post #37 · Posted at 2011-02-08 01:43:01pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Arctic Wolves
Arctic Wolves Avatar Member
2,586 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2008-02-18

Don't think there was blood in Trust's video, but they did edit out Yoko's substantial cleavage from both the US and JP home versions. Not sure if subsequent arcade versions use the boob or no-boob video.
http://i.imgur.com/ros63.gif

Post #38 · Posted at 2011-02-08 02:14:43pm 13.1 years ago

Offline DJ Tomoe
DJ Tomoe Avatar Member
822 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2007-07-28

"#Fashion #Glamour"
Quote: Arctic Wolves

Don't think there was blood in Trust's video, but they did edit out Yoko's substantial cleavage from both the US and JP home versions. Not sure if subsequent arcade versions use the boob or no-boob video.
Yes, there is. For a second, Kamina's face is covered in blood.
1:53
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/JCLP/3cc8f927.png

Post #39 · Posted at 2011-02-08 02:17:59pm 13.1 years ago

Offline mageman17
mageman17 Avatar Member
2,102 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-15

"MAGGLE"
DDR 1st Mix and 2nd Remix for the PlayStation had a weird additional functionality. They can be treated as the OST disc themselves. You can insert the game on a CD player and it would play all the songs in the game (also include the how to play songs).

This cannot be done with the 3rd mix PSX CD.
http://i.imgur.com/wX5XjLU.png

Thank you so much, Lord Toon!

Post #40 · Posted at 2011-02-08 02:23:10pm 13.1 years ago

Offline DJ Tomoe
DJ Tomoe Avatar Member
822 Posts
Mexico
Reg. 2007-07-28

"#Fashion #Glamour"
Quote: mageman17
DDR 1st Mix and 2nd Remix for the PlayStation had a weird additional functionality. They can be treated as the OST disc themselves. You can insert the game on a CD player and it would play all the songs in the game (also include the how to play songs).

This cannot be done with the 3rd mix PSX CD.
Really? Shocked I knew it was a "normal" function in some other PSX titles like Tomb Raider and Castlevania, but I'll have to try it with 2ndMIX later.

By the way, how many times have been KOs used in TV / movies? I recall Keep Your Body Movin' in Ugly Betty and Flowers in that Jim Carrey movie.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/JCLP/3cc8f927.png
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 15:47:30
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language