Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

Not as stupid as the middle of Utopia!
And...the one is a 9...Utopia is 11.
I like both songs.
But Utopia Expert is the most stupid chart I know.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Lucie.png

Post #62 · Posted at 2010-12-08 10:52:48pm 13.3 years ago

Offline PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 Posts
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

Quote: Aegis
If that is stupid then so is CSFILSM.
Aegis if you think CSFILSM is close to Utopia on the part that repeat the same arrows (for exemple), then i think you don't realise how Utopia Challenge is. And for the other parts, no. Only the bpm of the 2 songs are similars.
CSFILSM = 8th everywhere (except few galops)
Utopia = Wtf ?
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/PanStyle.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1336.png?t=1284597568

Post #63 · Posted at 2010-12-08 11:07:09pm 13.3 years ago

Offline Bolt-Edge
Bolt-Edge Avatar Member
2,361 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-03

"No."
yeah holy shit csfilsm is nothing like the garbage that is utopia ex
A̷̴̷͎̣̪̯̰̺͕͕̦͙̙̥͚̤͔̺̰ͭ̃ͯ͆̋ͨͧͩ̏̓̓ͨͤͨ̈ͫ͗̎͢ͅw̷̳̯̠̥ͦ̇̽̀̀ͩͯ͆̈̎̾͛̏͒͑ͩ̑͑͡ͅa̵̯̤̗͈̞̱͎͔͕͖͈̤͎͓͍̝͈̍͌̆ͨͤ̏͆͛̕͢ͅk̸̢͇̫̳̖̥̣̜̤̟̫͓̝̙̰̮ͪ͗̔ͣͧͩ͊̅̒̏̆͜ͅȩ̵̴̻̻͈͇̣͎͈͈͖̮̪͎̻͉̀ͣͭ̔ͮͭ̈́̎͑̽͌ͯͮ̑̉͑̀͘͞n̙͚̫͈̻̰͓͂͆ͣ̉ͬͯͩ͌ͤ̎͗̂̅͊̎ͥ̒́͢͟͠ͅ ̡̄̇̐̏ͦ͑̋͒̍̀ͯ̍̆͌̄̚҉̵͏̣͕̺͈̤̣̱͉̥̗̲̙̟̩̗̪̳̦̹m̵̵̖̭̺̰̭̣ͧ̑̌̔ͩ͡y͋̇̃̎̚͜҉̠͚̺̣̯̟͖̙͉̘̞̥͙̼̯͉̬ͅ ̶̸̬̝̥̦̫̦͓̗͚̈́̆͊̉ͤͤ̿͡C̷̛̣̳͕͔̳̤̬̻̩͍̝͙̹̏̿̔͊ͪ̓̂̎͝ͅḩ̷̤͈͙̫̾ͤ̌ͩ̽͌͑̾ͩ̓̄͢ȋ̵̧̙̲̪̱͓͉̟̾ͬ̊̅ͧ͆̀͟͜l̢͕͚̺̰̘̠̜̼̪̥͔̪̤̫͇̟̏̇̆͛͌ͥͪ̐͋ͨ̈̾͐̑̏͘͘͟d̢̨̙̩̣̞̫̞̖͕͎̄ͦ͂ͪͭ͛̔̿͋̄̔̐̒ͥ̚̕͟͜ ̶̨͓̯̫̹͉͚̬͕̙̦̰͗͌̽ͪ͡ͅͅAͩͤ̍̔ͦ͋͑ͫ̐̓̿̈́ͬͨͭ͏̸͕͈̥̮͇͖̼̝̺̤̩͙̲̙̭̖͡͠ͅn̢̟͔̰̬̦̹͑͑̌͒͑̉́́ḑ̶̵̨̮̘̩̗̘̪̮̬̤̙͖̺̭̖͖͍͈͓̯͑͒̐̍͛ͧ̊̔ͫ̇͟ ̣̻͉͙̯̺̔͋ͣ̾ͤ̌̿̕̕͜ͅȩ̎ͤ̌́ͣ̇̃͋ͨ̀ͩͦ̔̎̿͟͏̡̯̞͎̳͈̘̺͍̯̳̥̳͡m̵̶̨͎̘̗̩̗̩̠̦̮̼͈͖̹̼͇͆̅ͤ̈́̊̊̏ͪ̾̂ͅb̧̧̨͚̞̯̤̻ͥͩ͐̉̾́r̨͚͎̜͓̲̥̤̜̤͙̫ͨͤ̆͋͒̑ͧͯ̎̚͘͜ͅa̴̋̽ͦͨͤ͑ͮ́̚͜͏̯̪̰̞̩͙̳͈̖͎̘̞͇̥͇̫c̴̢̣̝͖̭̬̫̻̩̆̉͂̓ͯ̔̽͑̌͊̌ͦ́͢ę̦͚̜̟̻͕̻̖̰̱̞̱̹̣̪̭̙ͦ̆ͦ͗̾̂ͪ͑̋̎̎̃̄ͬ͗͗̋̀ ̝̯̹̻̩͚̱͚̽̈́͂ͭͮͤ͘t̥͎̫̘̫̫̰͈͔̔̓̅̇̌̑̈́̒ͯ͌͐̎̀̅͑̆́ͅh̡̆̍ͬ̿̈́͊̄̌̃́̄͑̅̏ͤ͏̬̙̦͉̭͈̝͎̩̦͎̮̬̀ę̸̞̼̲̫̯̪͈̉͑͒̏ͭ͊̀̿̚ ̶̨̨̛̣͓̻̰̭̰̮͎̲̦̲͐̑̒ͥͯ̈͌̌̆͛g̛͉̫̼̙̩̤̦̣̖̙̹̮̳̾̿͌̐ͥ̈ͩͫ̚̕͜͡͠lͫ͆̄͋ͥ̂͛̀̚͏̸͕̦̥̗̦̻͇̜͎̹͎̺ͅơ̸̶̢͍͔͖̞͙͚̺̹̩͙̹͉͔ͣ̔ͤ̐ͧ̈̇̂̍ͯ̚ͅr̸̸̛̰̺̩͍̼̪͚̟̱͔̯̈͒̊̀ͭͦ͘y̧ͯ͛͋ͣ̐͆̉̅ͤ͐̂̓͊̕͏̵̪̪̦̩̼̣͔̦̪͎̗͔̮̻̞͖̕ ̡͉̺̲̘̖̲͚̭̲̜̦̞̪̗̤̹̱̲͚̇̽ͯͤ͜ṯ̹̲̖̦̝̮̲͓̲͉̘͛̓̆̽̇̓̈́̄ͧͨ̋͗͘͞͞ḩ̛̜̺̞̼͙̫͍̭̟̯̳̱̻͖͚͊͋̉ͥ̉ͤ̇ͨ̄̉ͨ̏̃̂ͅͅa̢̞̞̗͔̥̟͉̝̺̼̺̮̓̈ͥͪ͗ͧͭ̓́̀͘ͅt̛̥͉̘̣̳́̔͗͛ͦ̆̾͆͂̋ͧ̈ͥ̋̉͝ ̻̲͔͍̪͚̠̠̣̳̟̱̲̤̥͎͓̲̐̑̾͗̄̉̆̊ͤ̇͌̒ͦͥ̚̚͡͠i̴̛̩͓͖̹̥̹̣̥̼̼̮̠͋̅̆̐̎ͫ̒͊ͦ̏̐͌̈͂̐͌̿̚͞ş̜̗̩͖̻̺͉̜̝̯̟̺̰̭̥̟͖̳̈́̆̋̂ͣ̚͟ͅ ̥͔͔͖̰̙̰̬͕̲̞͓̤̎ͭ̌̎ͩͧͤ͗ͮͯ̾̔̑̈̂͘y͑͒̌ͬ̽̌ͧ͗̄̎͟͏͕̰̫̫͈͚̤̫̙o͆͗̓͐͒̏̀̿ͫ̾̑̈́̓ͧ̚̚҉̷̟̼̮̺̠͕͈͔̣̮̬̥̣͙͙̲̖̹͕͢͡͠u̠̳̱̩͚̩̮̖̩̝̗̫͖̞̲͕̞ͥ̎͑͗ͥ̍ͩͫͤ͑̔̎͑̒ͦ̒́͜͡r̢͈̝͔͎̤̝̻̝͉̻̻͉̰ͬ̍́ͤ͆͑ͩͦ̋ͮ̋̓̅ͬͫ̃̕ ̸̵̶̶̣͍̭̞̪̫͕̞̬̞̙̭̦͚̗͚̏͛̑̎̐͊͛̒̃ͭ̄̄ͬͩ͡b̶̴͎̳̰̫̞͔̰̰̺͉̻̮̲̪̜̏̽͋̓̐͌̋ͬ̊̽͋͋̈̀̓̀̆͜͢͞ͅi̛ͦ̒ͥ̕͜͞҉͓͖̲r̟̺̗̤̘̟̋ͦͪ̾̿͒̇̒̋ͩ̅͒ͮͫ̑͘͠ť̷̴̉̽ͫͩ̏͊ͬ͂͑̅ͥ͐́̅͗҉͏̣͉̦̜͢ͅh̵͎͙̲̰̳̯͖̄̿̉͑̎̾̎͑͗̍͑̾̐͊́ ̫̻͕̳̤͓͔̞̯̈́͌̇̅ͮ̒͛ͣ̀͝r̴̸͈͔͉̤̻̘̱̹̹̺̻͚̙͖͆̐͐ͯͩ͊ͭ̾̌̃̑ͯ̇͠i͎͔̥̬̜̝̝͚̤̪̖͈̙̞ͭͪ̿ͧ͗̀ġ̞̲̮̣̼͍̹̞͔͇̘ͬ̏͛̆ͪ̒̆́̕h̾ͣͤ̃̔ͬ͊̐ͬ̃̋̓ͦ̓͋͌͗̿͏̢̦͔̰̤͍̻̭̬̺̬̥̹͔͍͎ͅṯ̶̢̛̭̻̹͎̝̘̳̞̫̣̝̑̌̊̊͆̒͆̀͘͞

Post #64 · Posted at 2010-12-09 02:38:10am 13.3 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

Quote: PanStyle
If that is stupid then so is CSFILSM.
Aegis if you think CSFILSM is close to Utopia on the part that repeat the same arrows (for exemple), then i think you don't realise how Utopia Challenge is. And for the other parts, no. Only the bpm of the 2 songs are similars.
CSFILSM = 8th everywhere (except few galops)
Utopia = Wtf ?

Okay, thats the better way to say what I thought.

I don`t like when the same arrow is repated many times...but on CSFILSM it is...okay....it fits to the music.
But on Utopia...it`s to much...and...buäääh.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Lucie.png

Post #65 · Posted at 2010-12-09 05:04:39am 13.3 years ago

Offline agentmargo
agentmargo Avatar Member
1,071 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-04-24

"Full Stream Ahead!"
I didn't have a problem too much with the repeated right arrow on UtopiaChallenge more as the ridiculous jumps that had the same tempo as it. That part actually brings my score down more then the long death streams in the middle.
Thanks so much for the banner Lord Toon! And for the icon Dan!
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac296/agentmargo/Other%20Stuff/Agentmargo.png

Post #66 · Posted at 2010-12-09 12:27:28pm 13.3 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Can't Stop Falling In Love (Speed Mix) on Expert is a stamina challenge consisting entirely of 8th notes (Doubles chart > Single chart), Utopia on Expert is a "HAHAHA! You can't read the arrows without mods!"

Truth be told, I like that about Utopia. There were enough genuinely technically challenging songs even in just the first ITG to merit at least one WTF chart. But it is nothing at all like CSFILSM.

Post #67 · Posted at 2011-02-27 03:58:59pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
Ryu_Hirakashi Avatar Member
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

When you've been playing DDR for 10 years, you need something different and exciting. ITG and r21 did it for me. If I had access to a dedicab I would never lay a finger on DDR EVER again. You can only play MAX300 so many times.

Most of the charts in DDR feel so uninspired. My music preference and skill is beyond DDR's ability to entertain me. ITG is what has kept me going this far.

In the end I think the community cares a lot more than konami ever did. I think konami looks at DDR now as a party game, and not as a game to appease their community of players. It makes me puke when I think about it. For all my years of dedication, this is what I get in return? Konami considers me second to the millions of noobs of the world. How reassuring is that!

I know they are out to make money, but they could think about their players that have stuck with them. Cry

Post #68 · Posted at 2011-02-27 05:22:20pm 13.1 years ago

Offline 8ftmetalhead
8ftmetalhead Avatar Member
422 Posts
New Zealand
Reg. 2010-08-17

"Oh god what I have dooooone?!"
cough cough DDR X2.

As for stepmania ITG, Stuff it. I hate the custom charts, they're boring to play, they're monotonous, they use stupid gimmicks or unnecessary tactics (like freeze arrows that only need to be hit and not held, which I don't believe konami's, nor roxor ever did. Maybe in a couple of konami's newer charts, not sure, not played any charts newer than SN 2 cs)
But anyway, I play ITG1 songs over and over, a couple of the ITG2 songs I really adore (but the itg 1 songs far more) and a number of the mungyodance and rebirth/itg3 songs really stick out, but apart from that, there's nothing that really shines as being 'absolutely top notch and will be infinitely timeless'.

Put it this way. My local r21 has songs cycled through it frequently. If new songs didn't get added, it would turn stale and boring pretty damn quick for the regulars. 16th streams get boring unless the music changes beneath it.

Gah I just hate 16th streams. Give me gallops, give me structure, give me jumps and give me gaps. Give me rolls and give me freezes, hands by the bucketful.
But fuck off 16th streams.

/pointless unstructured rant that happens every time i consider 'itg vs stepmania vs ddr vs my ass'

Post #69 · Posted at 2011-02-28 06:02:05am 13.1 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

Gah I just hate 16th streams. Give me gallops, give me structure, give me jumps and give me gaps. Give me rolls and give me freezes, hands by the bucketful.
But fuck off 16th streams.

That's how I feel about 8th note streams. I wish they would go away. Seeing WinDeu's files as brought to me a new level of development. With a little imagination you can create wonderous files with all kinds of effects that reflect systematic changes in music. Konami would NEVER do that kind of stuff.

I'm glad that there is a platform that allows people to do things that a commercial company would never do. It's awe inspiring! Roxor opened the doors to allow anything to be possible. How can people not like that. I like playing songs that fit within my musical tastes. The number of songs that do that for me in DDR is pretty small.

If people want to wait around for konami to do things, that's their business, but I think r21 was and is a great thing.

Post #70 · Posted at 2011-02-28 06:05:34am 13.1 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Instead of 8th streams, you have gone to 16th streams.

Post #71 · Posted at 2011-02-28 06:12:29am 13.1 years ago

Offline -Viper-
-Viper- Avatar Member+
2,407 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-26

3DS Friend Code: 1091-8797-8693
The majority of DDR players do not enjoy charts that are based on 16th note patterns that correspond with every little thing in the music. Most players like the quarter and 8th beat based charts the compliment the music rather than completely mimic it, and where you can use your upper body rather than just lean back on a bar.

As for if Konami cares about what hardcore players want, of course they don't. They would be silly to. As with any business, they're going to create what caters to the highest amount of people, which is not WinDEU style stepcharts. The r21 community will forever remain an "underground" thing and I say good deal.

Post #72 · Posted at 2011-02-28 06:13:38am 13.1 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
16ths are funner than 4th streams

Post #73 · Posted at 2011-02-28 01:30:37pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

Quote: -Viper-
The majority of DDR players do not enjoy charts that are based on 16th note patterns that correspond with every little thing in the music. Most players like the quarter and 8th beat based charts the compliment the music rather than completely mimic it, and where you can use your upper body rather than just lean back on a bar.

As for if Konami cares about what hardcore players want, of course they don't. They would be silly to. As with any business, they're going to create what caters to the highest amount of people, which is not WinDEU style stepcharts. The r21 community will forever remain an "underground" thing and I say good deal.

Can't argue there.

I'm not saying that everything konami as done is bad, but rather I don't think they care about quality music and note charts.

Chaos and pluto relinquish are still my two favorite songs. The note chart for chaos was danm creative with tempo changes galore. If Konami can keep being creative like that, I'll have nothing to say. Also I love the planet songs from SN 2. I can't stop playing them whenever I get the chance to play them. Also I love the bemani crossovers. I just hate that the music gets cut, and the note charts are so danm bland. Popn' music never gets much love in DDR. Give us more technical 10s like Xepher. Is that really asking too much? Giving us the choice to turn the announcer off would be a really great thing. Simple stuff like this goes a long way in making a quality DDR mix.

Edit: I can't possibly forget about So Deep. That is stil one of the best songs this series as seen. I miss that song so much!! I'd hunt down extreme just to play it.

Post #74 · Posted at 2011-02-28 02:31:41pm 13.1 years ago

Offline -Viper-
-Viper- Avatar Member+
2,407 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-26

Ha, looks like I can't argue with you either. Tongue

Post #75 · Posted at 2011-02-28 05:41:39pm 13.1 years ago

Offline 8ftmetalhead
8ftmetalhead Avatar Member
422 Posts
New Zealand
Reg. 2010-08-17

"Oh god what I have dooooone?!"
I'm absolutely fine with some 16th streams to be perfectly honest. If it follows a particular rhythm or has gaps in it or just fits really neatly (like Summer Speedy mix or Charlene, for example) then fine enough, but customs now could simply have the chart cut and pasted over to another song, rotated to the left, get the tempo changed and the r21 community would lick it and call it a godlike chart for a week.

Sure there's exceptions, but there's not so many as to make this invalid. I damn well wish there were.

Post #76 · Posted at 2011-03-01 02:44:54pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

So in the end, a few hardcore DDR players got fed up with the BS that konami was feeding us. Can you really blame them? I was looking at some vids for X2, and sure enough there were those same old boring note charts that we've all been playing to death for years. If it was up to konami, this series would never change. We all need things to change to stay interesting.

When I say this I really mean it. "Roxor......Thank you!!!!"

Post #77 · Posted at 2011-03-01 03:07:11pm 13.1 years ago

Offline NIQ9
NIQ9 Avatar Member
345 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-22

You really can't generalize customs. That's like me saying that every user simfile at ZIV sucks.

Every step artist is different. Every song is different. If you can't find custom files you like, you're not trying hard enough.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/NIQ9.png

Post #78 · Posted at 2011-03-02 03:07:27am 13.1 years ago

Offline -Viper-
-Viper- Avatar Member+
2,407 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-26

Quote: Ryu_Hirakashi
So in the end, a few hardcore DDR players got fed up with the BS that konami was feeding us. Can you really blame them? I was looking at some vids for X2, and sure enough there were those same old boring note charts that we've all been playing to death for years. If it was up to konami, this series would never change. We all need things to change to stay interesting.

When I say this I really mean it. "Roxor......Thank you!!!!"

Have you looked at Vanessa, Mei, Zeta, kimono princess, roppongi evolved, New Decade, Possession, Anti-Matter, or Valkyrie Dimension?

I wouldn't call those boring, nor the same as what DDRs always contained.

Post #79 · Posted at 2011-03-02 04:43:38am 13.1 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
He wants all songs to have batshit insane 13's and 14's.

Post #80 · Posted at 2011-03-03 02:32:11pm 13.1 years ago

Offline Ryu_Hirakashi
83 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2011-02-27

He wants all songs to have batshit insane 13's and 14's.

Not quite! I love note charts that actually express what's going on with the music.

I guess you're right Aegis. Guilty as charged. I love hi-level note charts even though my skills are quite there yet. It's a shame roxor isn't still able to give us more of what we as a "community" wants. I could care less about the millions of noobs around the world. They can play butterly till their feet fall off. I will always push my skill so I can play the highest level songs I can handle. Konami needs to think about us more. Give us Challenge note charts that are hard, and leave the Heavy note charts to everyone else that wants to do 8th note streams.

Give us more Xypher Challenge and less curus Heavy

Speaking of which, curus Heavy didn't need to be cut and it needed a harder chart.

Are little things like this asking too much of konami?
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 09:18:38
This page took 0.019 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language