Logo

Simfile of the Week (presented by HellRazoR)

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2010-11-06 12:07:04am 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: AeronPeryton
Watch out, because my idea of quality also includes simfiles that make me smile like a retard during the whole thing.

"TEAR OPEN THE HEAVENS!"
WinDEU Hates You: The Musical

I think quality and uniqueness go hand in hand. While QQQ isn't much to look at, and the chart on a C-mod is rather boring, it's pure fun and was ahead of its time when it was released. That said, sure. As long as I am available I wouldn't mind. By co-host do you mean my uploading files as well? I guess someone has to give me folder access or something.

P.S. MAX 150 is from foonmix PLUS is it not? At least the audio is...
You have access, your on for this week. Humor is an important part of a good simfile, I throw all the goofy songs into CheeseMix and we play that folder more than any other at my home.

In fact here's two simfiles I created, neither of them is a serious file, but I do like trying new ideas, they may make you laugh, the Arms Race one was my entry into Best Mix 2 simfile contest, even though I was disqualified for breaking all the rules (song length and required charts):
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/download.php?type=ddrsimfile&simfileid=7135
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/download.php?type=ddrsimfile&simfileid=5815

As for Max 150, the file I posted is Udderdude's, it may also be in Foonmix Plus, I don't keep duplicates although I do scavenge (I keep the better graphics and keep a BGVideo, so if the file I posted is a frankenfile, that's why.

Just post a little info about the files you upload and I'll append the first post with the proper details. I plan to add Bolding to make the first post easier to read.

Post #22 · Posted at 2010-11-06 04:43:39am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Udderdude's simfile was a different cut of the same song. So, the one in foonmix PLUS is different.

Okay, I'll start off with something other than the five I suggested:

Simfile of the Week for 7 November 2010: Nekonabe / saisei hyperberoove
From the Japanese foonmix PLUS. A song about cats, and from the noises during the song, rape and murder. Fun simfile with a cute yet haunting track... fun until you try to make sense of the dogpile that is the CHALLENGE charts. Dare you to play it without mods. Also enjoy the Solo charts from foonmix 2, a rarity for fanmade simfiles. Includes background videos (custom ZIP) that should work in any version of StepMania.

Post #23 · Posted at 2010-11-06 11:20:35pm 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Watch out, because my idea of quality also includes simfiles that make me smile like a retard during the whole thing.

I just played the course on my ITG PC / SM4 build and song 3 crashed because of the Lifebar Sprites... What a shame, it looked pretty cool.

Post #24 · Posted at 2010-11-07 03:27:51am 13.4 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Nekonabe was ok for the first couple of seconds, then the tribal chanting was annoying as hell.

Post #25 · Posted at 2010-11-07 10:03:02am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Quote: hellrazor

I just played the course on my ITG PC / SM4 build and song 3 crashed because of the Lifebar Sprites... What a shame, it looked pretty cool.

The videos from Rumble in the Prairie II are the best, cause you get to hear everyone's reaction. There are also line out videos on YouTube to see all the effects clearly:

Post #26 · Posted at 2010-11-21 07:37:29am 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

AeronPeryton,
Your turn this week.

Post #27 · Posted at 2010-11-23 04:09:26am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Sorry for being late everyone. Life changing events...

Simfile of the Week for 21 November 2010: Klungkung 1655 / Simon
By KieferSkunk & Ryouga42 from DDREI's TournaMix 2. From the original readme: "We were originally talking about all the various songs (both Bemani and mainstream) that we'd like to make DDR-style steps for, and this one came to mind rather suddenly. We both realized that it was a fast song and could make for some very challenging steps. It is designed to be a stamina-buster, while at the same time providing the player with a good technical challenge as well. As you play through this song, you may recognize some familiar patterns here and there. Smile" Enjoy!

Edit: hellrazor, I changed the dates in the song titles to put everything in chronological order, please don't kill me. Wink
Edit 2: Or not! What the hell?

Post #28 · Posted at 2010-11-23 07:08:16am 13.4 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
You guys could like...pm each other schedules and stuff or other...

@ Musical: Sparker Sex

Post #29 · Posted at 2010-11-24 01:45:39am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
I also wanted someone other than me to post first so the SFOTW would be a separate post, and hellrazor didn't bump the thread for his week.

Post #30 · Posted at 2010-11-24 05:20:49am 13.4 years ago

Offline Air12567
Air12567 Avatar Member
642 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-27

Quote: AaronRoberts
yea, i'm gonna go ahead & delete all of these, i'm a bit dissapointed, i was expecting a bit more, most of the steps i just played dont fit~
Would you please state which song, which difficulty, and which steps don't fit the music.

I'm pretty picky about quality

yea, so am i, thats why i deleted all of those, The Legend Of Trance 2004 & MaxX AttaXX are the only onces worth keeping, you go on about good stepfiles & syncing & perfection etc, i was a little dissapointed at your choices of stepfiles.

the syncing aswell has been dissapointing from stuff that you've released. ive downloaded stuff before, synced my stepmania to it & the rest of the files are always offsync.

Quote: Aegis
I thought this was about the simfile of the week, not trainwrecks.
You refuse to play many simfiles but you dare post these?
hellrazor, what the f_ck happened?

i like this post o3o! <3
https://i.imgur.com/0F5fGec.png

Post #31 · Posted at 2010-11-28 11:09:17pm 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

yea, i'm gonna go ahead & delete all of these, i'm a bit dissapointed, i was expecting a bit more, most of the steps i just played dont fit~
Would you please state which song, which difficulty, and which steps don't fit the music.

I'm pretty picky about quality

yea, so am i, thats why i deleted all of those, The Legend Of Trance 2004 & MaxX AttaXX are the only onces worth keeping, you go on about good stepfiles & syncing & perfection etc, i was a little dissapointed at your choices of stepfiles.

the syncing aswell has been dissapointing from stuff that you've released. ive downloaded stuff before, synced my stepmania to it & the rest of the files are always offsync.
I'll be reducing the Max files, so get them now if you want them. Eventually I'll remove them all and replacing them with a SOTW.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 12:26:49
This page took 0.012 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language