Logo

Simfile of the Week (presented by HellRazoR)

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2010-10-25 01:00:03am 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

In this thread I present the Simfile of the Week as chosen by me (maybe others later on). These files are ones I've enjoyed and may not be available anywhere else anymore. I did not create any of these files, creator information will be provided if I can figure it out. If there's a favorite simfile that you would like to suggest for the SOTW, please send me a link.

All files are available here:http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/viewsimfilecategory.php?categoryid=484
OR you canDownload the Whole Pack

Simfile of the Week for 05 December 2010: Thé a la Menthe / Nikkfurie
IMHO, the best file from Chesemix IIDX, the bgvideo goes so perfectly to this song, it's an amazing simfile, and the SOTW.

Simfile of the Week for 28 November 2010: PARANOiA survivor MIN / destiny's child vs. 180 (mixed by dj tepples)
Because it's AWESOME, especially the first time you play it if you haven't seen it before.

Simfile of the Week for 21 November 2010: Klungkung 1655 / Simon
By KieferSkunk & Ryouga42 from DDREI's TournaMix 2. From the original readme: "We were originally talking about all the various songs (both Bemani and mainstream) that we'd like to make DDR-style steps for, and this one came to mind rather suddenly. We both realized that it was a fast song and could make for some very challenging steps. It is designed to be a stamina-buster, while at the same time providing the player with a good technical challenge as well. As you play through this song, you may recognize some familiar patterns here and there. Smile" Enjoy!

Simfile of the Week for 14 November 2010: The DDR History / DJ Slash & The DDR All-Stars
It's basically a megamix of several well known DDR songs from 1st - 7th mix, it's a very good simfile and it's the Simfile of the Week!

Simfile of the Week for 7 November 2010: Nekonabe / saisei hyperberoove
From the Japanese foonmix PLUS. A song about cats, and from the noises during the song, rape and murder. Fun simfile with a cute yet haunting track... fun until you try to make sense of the dogpile that is the CHALLENGE charts. Dare you to play it without mods. Also enjoy the Solo charts from foonmix 2, a rarity for fanmade simfiles. Includes background videos (custom ZIP) that should work in any version of StepMania.

Simfile of the Week for 31 October 2010: The Five "Pre Ver" This song sounds awesome, with a nice custom BG Video and great steps = a true gem of a simfile.
ALSO, go check out SpookyMix 2010 http://www.ddrevolved.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3054..

Simfile of the Week for 24 October 2010: Spooky In preparation for Halloween a fun stepfile from Udderdude. The song is rather catchy, and the steps were well placed, this is a personal favorite of mine around this time of the year.

10/29/2010 - BONUS Max Remix Uploads, my favorites are MaxX AttaxX, neoMAX, MaxX Xstacy, and OMEGA
Song: ΔMAX / Artist: DM Ashura / Stepfile Artist: ?? This version predates the version from DDR.
Song: Legend of Trance 2004 / Artist: Loki Vs. Sun Decade Vs. ZZ / Stepfile Artist: xxxplizit The hard chart is HARD, pre-ITG minefield.
Song: MAX340 / Artist: BON / Stepfile Artist: snap It's fast and tough, good luck.
Song: MAX 150 (DDR Edit) / Artist: Ω remixed by wakabayashi / Stepfile Artist: Udderdude & MJ (twin brothers) they worked together on alot of simfiles, MJ was a masterful doubles charter, I believe this song is from Beatmania.
Song: MAX Forever / Artist: DM Ashura / Stepfile Artist: I think it's that k//eternal guy? Song is bad-a$$, get it if you don't have it already!!
Song: MaxX AttaxX / Artist: DM Ashura / Stepfile Artist: XXXPlizit Another bad-a$$ song!! Love the bass.
Song: MaxX Extermination / Artist: Z (Mixed By DJ Slash) / Stepfile Artist: DJ Slash This is an OLD one and hard as nails.
Song: MaxX Unity / Artist: JAKAZiD arranged by Jack A. Trades / Stepfile Artist: Jack A. Trades An interesting song and great file.
Song: Maxx Wishful / Artist: DJ Tepples feat NIN & Omega / Stepfile Artist: DJ Tepples (I think) Take Max 300 combine with NIN and mix, viola quite a mashup.
Song: MaxX Xstacy / Artist: Omega (Mixed by Dave Phaneuf) / Stepfile Artist: Dave Phaneuf This is another old one, I believe the first Max file I ever beat even before I ever beat Max 300, it's slightly easier and great all around.
Song: neoMAX / Artist: DM Ashura / Stepfile Artist: ?? I believe this file won Tournamix 4, it's beyond Bad-A$$ it's EPIC
Song: OMEGA / Artist: Max Dragon / Simfile Artist: ?? During Tournamix 4 there was a supremely bad-@$$ song called simply Omega, the file was submitted by ArchOwl and it was a lousy keyboard garbage simfile, anyways someone re-created the file and made it pad friendly and amazing, and here it is, it's a MUST HAVE!!
Song: Z / Artist: DM Ashura / Simfile Artist: snap Another good remix / simfile from the SNAP / DM Ashura combination.
I recommend downloading a few of these to check them out if you haven't heard them already. Many of these files are what pushed me to playing more difficult songs. Sorry for the massive update, just felt like getting these out there if anyone needed them, I know some are impossible to find.

Post #2 · Posted at 2010-10-25 04:37:29am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
I am watching this thread.

Post #3 · Posted at 2010-10-31 08:49:30pm 13.4 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
I thought this was about the simfile of the week, not trainwrecks.
You refuse to play many simfiles but you dare post these?
hellrazor, what the f_ck happened?

Post #4 · Posted at 2010-10-31 09:12:16pm 13.4 years ago

Offline Air12567
Air12567 Avatar Member
642 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-27

i think this is a good idea, i dont know who's files to download from ZIV apart from Oni's files, & i dont like bad stepfiles~
so i will be watching this thread also :3
https://i.imgur.com/0F5fGec.png

Post #5 · Posted at 2010-10-31 09:13:41pm 13.4 years ago

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Member
6,592 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2249-7707-55923DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697
"i was born at a very young age"
Quote: hellrazor
10/24/2010
Song: Spooky / Artist: good-cool / Stepfile Artist: Udderdude
The song is rather catchy, and the steps were well placed, this is a personal favorite of mine around this time of the year.

10/29/2010
insert long list of MAX remixes here
Apparently a week is 5 days now.

Post #6 · Posted at 2010-10-31 09:21:03pm 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: Aegis
I thought this was about the simfile of the week, not trainwrecks.
You refuse to play many simfiles but you dare post these?
hellrazor, what the f_ck happened?
I do play many simfiles, I have thousands, I've been building my collection for a LONG time. The way it works is
Step1: Download a simfile or pack if it looks like a good file
Step2: Play in gameplay mode to make sure the steps go well to the music
Step3: Re-sync, remove excess files that aren't necessary, add BGVideo. If synching is terribly difficult and the song isn't worth the effort I will delete it, same if there are annoying song-cut errors etc. I also resize BGVideos for optimal performance.
Step4: Move to my StepMania 4 machine in the NewSimfile folder
Step5: Check to see if the song is already in my collection, if it is I play the two files and keep the one I like more
Step6: Move the file into a themed folder, in the case of these Max simfiles, that would be DDRemix. At that point it is a permanent addition to my collection.

I have a long process to ensure quality control for simfiles I download, but I typically end up keeping almost half of the simfiles I download. Some packs I keep much less, I think the R2112 I kept two files, the Mungyodance I kept about 1/3 of the files, some packs I keep 80%, it all has to do with the quality of each simfile. Obviously for official DDR games I keep ALL of the simfiles because they are official.

Anyways what happened this week is I had a request for OMEGA and I just decided to post all my MAX simfiles, figured it'd give this pack a nice baseline, I'll still go back to posting a favorite simfile of the week. You should check out the files, you may enjoy some of them, they are all pad friendly with easier difficulty levels available.

If anyone needs the BGVideos from the scripts I can upload them separately. It would be very helpful if you can post which videos you need.

Quote: Silver Spirit
10/24/2010
Song: Spooky / Artist: good-cool / Stepfile Artist: Udderdude
The song is rather catchy, and the steps were well placed, this is a personal favorite of mine around this time of the year.

10/29/2010
insert long list of MAX remixes here
Apparently a week is 5 days now.
Actually I plan to upload another simfile today, an official SOTW, the Max Remixes are a bonus, enjoy.

Post #7 · Posted at 2010-10-31 09:51:56pm 13.4 years ago

Offline Air12567
Air12567 Avatar Member
642 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-27

yea, i'm gonna go ahead & delete all of these, i'm a bit dissapointed, i was expecting a bit more, most of the steps i just played dont fit~
https://i.imgur.com/0F5fGec.png

Post #8 · Posted at 2010-11-01 01:29:49am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
I'll just leave these here...

QQQ / Taq - From DDREI's TournaMix 2 by MoogleHunter. One whole chart that has more replay value than some songs with full sets. Really ahead of its time considering editors weren't built for that kind of thing at the time.

Work It (Retrohouse Mix) / Gecko Yamori - From DDROSC 3+ by jammitch!. The only cooler than the steps is the background script that was so painstakingly written and better than most video scripts. They probably need you to be running 3.9 final to see them correctly though.

Call On Me / Eric Prydz - by Dynamite Rage (Rage*). Pelvic Thrusts, that is all.

Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) (From Nonstop Megamix) / 2MB - by I don't remember (I keep wanting to say Alan, though I'm sure it was released under an alias). This file is VINTAGE and there's a PayPal transaction involved for whomever knows what I'm talking about and has this stellar collection of files from a stellar bygone simfile creator. There are probably thousands of simfiles surrounding this version of the song, but this one stood out by having well-made custom artwork and a staccato of stop & go speed changes during the "left & right channel isolating" moment in the song. The arrows also drops to half-BPM during the "chorus". This is like DDRManiaX old. DWI 2.0 old. Before the DDR EXTREME arcade was released old.

Make It Better (From Nonstop Megamix) / Mitsu-O! by Udderdude. This is the version of the song that should have been in the series, and the steps were done by Udderdude (not sure if this was a collab with MJ or not) during his prime. The whole file is solid and much more fun than the official MIBs.

Post #9 · Posted at 2010-11-01 02:45:57am 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: AeronPeryton
I'll just leave these here...

QQQ / Taq - From DDREI's TournaMix 2 by MoogleHunter. One whole chart that has more replay value than some songs with full sets. Really ahead of its time considering editors weren't built for that kind of thing at the time.

Work It (Retrohouse Mix) / Gecko Yamori - From DDROSC 3+ by jammitch!. The only cooler than the steps is the background script that was so painstakingly written and better than most video scripts. They probably need you to be running 3.9 final to see them correctly though.

Call On Me / Eric Prydz - by Dynamite Rage (Rage*). Pelvic Thrusts, that is all.

Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) (From Nonstop Megamix) / 2MB - by I don't remember (I keep wanting to say Alan, though I'm sure it was released under an alias). This file is VINTAGE and there's a PayPal transaction involved for whomever knows what I'm talking about and has this stellar collection of files from a stellar bygone simfile creator. There are probably thousands of simfiles surrounding this version of the song, but this one stood out by having well-made custom artwork and a staccato of stop & go speed changes during the "left & right channel isolating" moment in the song. The arrows also drops to half-BPM during the "chorus". This is like DDRManiaX old. DWI 2.0 old. Before the DDR EXTREME arcade was released old.

Make It Better (From Nonstop Megamix) / Mitsu-O! by Udderdude. This is the version of the song that should have been in the series, and the steps were done by Udderdude (not sure if this was a collab with MJ or not) during his prime. The whole file is solid and much more fun than the official MIBs.
Are these suggestions?

My HVAM megamix file is from Udderdude but it's a fantastic simfile, I have Make It Better Megamix, I have the Call On Me file. The only QQQ I have is QQQuasar, I recall a QQQ file but I must have found a fatal flaw in the file since I don't have it anymore, and I don't have Work It either.

Post #10 · Posted at 2010-11-01 04:45:15am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Are these suggestions?

Yes.

My HVAM megamix file is from Udderdude but it's a fantastic simfile, I have Make It Better Megamix, I have the Call On Me file. The only QQQ I have is QQQuasar, I recall a QQQ file but I must have found a fatal flaw in the file since I don't have it anymore, and I don't have Work It either.

1, *shrugs*, post it. I don't remember it. 2, good man. 3, good man. 4, TournaMix 2 was easy enough for me to find a few months back. Just search for it or check r21freaks. The charts were highly tuned, the only thing I can think of that made the simfile flawed was that the sheer amount of freezes that song used might have crashed or really crippled earlier version of DWI, StepMania even back then was better built for that kind of buggery. 5, unforgivable. Mayor West would like a word with you. The standalone file is in jammitch's bemanistyle collection.

Or better yet...

QQQ
Work It (Retrohouse Mix) - BGAnimations confirmed working in 3.9 plus as well.

Post #11 · Posted at 2010-11-02 07:10:05am 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Are these suggestions?

Yes.

1, *shrugs*, post it. I don't remember it. 2, good man. 3, good man. 4, TournaMix 2 was easy enough for me to find a few months back. Just search for it or check r21freaks. The charts were highly tuned, the only thing I can think of that made the simfile flawed was that the sheer amount of freezes that song used might have crashed or really crippled earlier version of DWI, StepMania even back then was better built for that kind of buggery. 5, unforgivable. Mayor West would like a word with you. The standalone file is in jammitch's bemanistyle collection.

Or better yet...

QQQ
Work It (Retrohouse Mix) - BGAnimations confirmed working in 3.9 plus as well.
I thought the Work It file was amazing, I downloaded it off bemanistyle yesterday. I don't ever recall having played that file, which means there's an entire contest I didn't download, so I'm a little bummed.

And yeah those BGAnimations won't work on SM4 which is what I play on, so now I'm really bummed. It's not that it won't play though, it just moves all the animations from the center to the Top Left corner of the screen where 3/4 of the image are off the screen, so it basically re-centers all BGAnimations from 3.9 to 4.0 and makes them all practically unplayable.

The QQQ file was defiantly not my preference of simfile. I hate nonsense sync gimmicks, and the stops all seemed to be different values or so it seemed because the sync kept going in and out, then the song is very repetitive, but hey we all have different tastes and I appreciate you sharing some of your favorites especially the Work It amazing file!!

Post #12 · Posted at 2010-11-02 11:57:08am 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
I thought the Work It file was amazing, I downloaded it off bemanistyle yesterday. I don't ever recall having played that file, which means there's an entire contest I didn't download, so I'm a little bummed.

OSC 3+ was the best IMO, there's a thread on bemanistyle that has archive links for the entire series of contests.

Post #13 · Posted at 2010-11-04 06:57:55am 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: AaronRoberts
yea, i'm gonna go ahead & delete all of these, i'm a bit dissapointed, i was expecting a bit more, most of the steps i just played dont fit~
Would you please state which song, which difficulty, and which steps don't fit the music.

I'm pretty picky about quality and if there's a bad step-chart I'd like to fix it even if it isn't my file, because I'm picky especially considering these are all part of my library, I don't like the thought of a bad chart in my collection.

Post #14 · Posted at 2010-11-04 07:00:23am 13.4 years ago

Offline Aegis
Aegis Avatar Member
9,371 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-16

"."
Would you please state which song, which difficulty, and which steps don't fit the music.

I'm pretty picky about quality and if there's a bad step-chart I'd like to fix it even if it isn't my file, because I'm picky especially considering these are all part of my library, I don't like the thought of a bad chart in my collection.

Max Week.

Post #15 · Posted at 2010-11-04 07:29:22am 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: Aegis

Max Week.
You just narrowed it down to 78 step charts amongst 15 songs.

Seriously, is the problem Max Extermination? Legend of Trance?

Was the problem due to this being ITG difficulty scales where you assumed it was DDR X difficulty scales? If not please identify the arrows that "don't fit" the music so I can fix them for my sake.

Post #16 · Posted at 2010-11-04 08:41:04am 13.4 years ago

Offline Silver Spirit
Silver Spirit Avatar Member
6,592 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-14

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2249-7707-55923DS Friend Code: 2578-3309-2697
"i was born at a very young age"
I doubt the scale is the problem. I mean, would you ever see a level 10 MAX song on today's scale?

Also, kinda late to mention this, but last I checked, Z wasn't a MAX remix. They sound nothing alike.

Post #17 · Posted at 2010-11-05 03:51:29pm 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

Quote: Silver Spirit
I doubt the scale is the problem. I mean, would you ever see a level 10 MAX song on today's scale?

Also, kinda late to mention this, but last I checked, Z wasn't a MAX remix. They sound nothing alike.
Omega is also not a MAX remix and sounds nothing alike, Z is more similar than Omega.
Also, Legend of Trance, Foon 300, and neoMAX sound really different than a Max song with only few similarities. Personally I've always felt Z just fit right in with the rest of these songs and I thought it sounded close enough to count.

I still want to know where the off-beat arrows are.

Post #18 · Posted at 2010-11-05 10:11:56pm 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
I find it funny that you like O M E G A but dismiss QQQ for being "gimmicky". I like Omega too, the only song in Max Week worth playing.

Post #19 · Posted at 2010-11-05 10:19:18pm 13.4 years ago

Offline hellrazor
hellrazor Avatar Member+
586 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-27

I find it funny that you like O M E G A but dismiss QQQ for being "gimmicky". I like Omega too, the only song in Max Week worth playing.
The gimmicks in OMEGA are useful (make sure your playing the OMEGA file I posted and not some other version where the gimmicks are horrible). Most of the BPM changes go with the music and aren't drastic, the Bag section is intentionally slowed down in order to make use of 24th notes (or whatever they are), to make the chart resemble Bag. I was hosting at a convention once and a kid said he was good and said he could beat me, he asked if I had anything harder to pick. The only boss songs I had were Queen of Light from ITG1 and OMEGA, so I went to OMEGA. He obviously had downloaded Arch Owl's version because he said he couldn't pass it, I told him the chart was very paddable, anyways he didn't make it through the song and he gave me alot more respect because I FC'd it. That's my fond memory of OMEGA.

However I appreciate the fact everyone has different tastes and I believe you have a passion for quality that I don't even recognize. Would you like to co-host the SOTW with me? I can put you on as a Co-Owner and we can rotate every week (you can do this week if you want to, or we can go to twice a week because there are so many good files I want to share).

Post #20 · Posted at 2010-11-05 11:58:01pm 13.4 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Watch out, because my idea of quality also includes simfiles that make me smile like a retard during the whole thing.

"TEAR OPEN THE HEAVENS!"
WinDEU Hates You: The Musical

I think quality and uniqueness go hand in hand. While QQQ isn't much to look at, and the chart on a C-mod is rather boring, it's pure fun and was ahead of its time when it was released. That said, sure. As long as I am available I wouldn't mind. By co-host do you mean my uploading files as well? I guess someone has to give me folder access or something.

P.S. MAX 150 is from foonmix PLUS is it not? At least the audio is...
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 23:54:47
This page took 0.018 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language