Offline Cowtao
Cowtao Avatar Member
1,984 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-05-08

"This hat hurts"
Quote: Max
Quote: silenttype01
I was thinking it was going to be Master of Puppets or something.
wasn't Master of Puppets already in a Rock Band game? I remember seeing that song within it's library....
No, you might have gotten that confused with Battery however that song is still locked in Rock Band 2's songlist.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Cowtao.png
Thanks toon for the smexy Banner!

Post #222 · Posted at 2013-03-16 02:30:08am 11 years ago

Post #223 · Posted at 2013-03-22 10:09:44pm 10.9 years ago

Offline Lirodon
Lirodon Avatar Member
813 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2009-01-14

Nintendo Network ID: liroxiiv3DS Friend Code: 3196-5274-6831
"canadian red-haired ninja"
Next week's final pack ever will be Chevelle

“Send the Pain Below”
“The Red” (Pro)
"Face to the Floor”

And the last song for the week after? American Pie.

Post #224 · Posted at 2013-04-26 08:50:16am 10.9 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Last updated: 2013-04-26 08:50am
DLC Week of 4/2 - End of a 281 Week DLC Streak - Don McLean's "American Pie"!

'Shout,' by Tears for Fears not sounding correctly on the Nintendo Wii
Quote: hmxhenry
Okay, here's the additional info that I've collected from the DLC team. It took longer than usual because there isn't really a DLC team anymore, as they've all been transitioned on to new projects.

They've confirmed that we won't be pulling "Shout" or resubmitting and it will remain in the store as it is now. Here's some background on why that's happening:

Quote: DLC Wizard
A piece of content on 360 or PS3 is built at HMX and hosted at first party. When we submit content for these platforms, we submit individual songs, packs, and pro upgrades. Since each piece of content has its own discreet submission, it’s relatively simple to pull down a piece of content, make a change, and republish it. Each package submitted contains 1 piece of content.

The Wii has a very different build and submission structure, where the package submitted and hosted at Nintendo is a full release weeks’ worth of content, as opposed to individual packages for each discreet piece of content... This makes it much more difficult to make changes – removing a piece of content actually means pulling down the whole week, as well as any weeks that were submitted after that.

Hopefully that makes sense, and you can see why it would be less than ideal to have to pull the last 3 weeks worth of content on the Wii and then resubmit, which would leave them unavailable for at least another month.

As for how this audio issue could have occurred in the first place, here's some further background on the DLC submission process and some specifics for this track:

Quote: DLC Wizard
When stems come in, content is mixed, authored, and built/tested... Completed content is then archived until it’s ready for submission. In the case of “Shout”, this song was part of the development schedule in August 2011.

There’s any number of areas in which corruption could occur – be it with building, testing, submitting, or pushing the file live. Historically, if there are mix issues on one platform, they typically exist on all others. When we encounter weird cases like this, the resources needed to investigate and resolve the issue are far greater than the normal team because it’s usually something we’ve never encountered before.

So I learned something here too. We've always tried to stress that DLC is charted and submitted well in advance of actual release, and that sometimes content is archived until there is room on the schedule, but I didn't know that "Shout" was in house and authored a year before it was released as part of Blitz.

In addition to the possible trouble areas outlined in the quote above, that timing would also make it very difficult for us to investigate. An author or tester working on tracks in August of 2011 may be on other projects, they may have left Harmonix, or they may not remember specifics that would help us ID a problem.

Hopefully this collection of submission info, Wii release specifics, and timing illustrates how tricky it would be to change something like this. It's obviously not ideal, but given the timing and the production challenges there's not really a viable solution for a fix. Thanks for your patience while I tracked down this info.

How’d Harmonix Do That? A Look At Rock Band's DLC - GameInformer Article

And just because Harmonix is pressing pause on the series for now, don’t think you’ve seen, heard, or played the last of Rock Band. It’s a big part of the studio, and we could very well see a reunion tour or two in the future. If that happens, Harmonix wants you to know that library you acquired over the years won’t be lost if they have their way.

“Certainly it would be our ambition, if and when we migrate Rock Band to the eighth-generation consoles, to carry forward players’ entitlements and their music libraries to the next generation,” says Rigopoulos. “That investment that players have made over the years in those libraries is something that we would want to take great pains to protect as we carry Rock Band into the future.”

Great to know that Harmonix is renewing the 5 year contracts to port the catalog onto the next gen systems. Screw you Metallica, we don't need your music. :V
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 09:13:02
This page took 0.011 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language