5th 10 passed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VVhhFPeps8 <--- Fleadh uncut
Yeah!

And what song I should try next?

EDIT 8.01.11:

Hi...
2 months passed and I improved a lot.
I even passed my first 11 yesterday!
I want to thank you for all your suggestions.
You were to right.... Theres no sense to force myself to do anything I just can`t! (lack of stamina and whatever)
Just play and play my 9s...on and on...that helped me a lot so I can pass 10s now (not all but it`s okay) and one 11!
I even almost passed a 2nd but made a stupid mistake...

My 1st 11:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs077.snc6/168706_187006357992971_100000508237708_674086_7730452_n.jpg

Now I have just another problem: I`m still very bad at reading 16th streams...and I don`t know how to train this ability.....
I won´t be able to pass 11s with more 16ths and faster bpms without that stuff Sad
Do you have some tips for me?
Just keep on playing? Or can I do something to speed up this process....
I at the moment it`s only my lack of 16ths reading ability that keeps me from being able to pass more 10s and some more easy 11s.

Timing is bad still too... but it will improve with time... I think so.
Oh...and my technique is still very bad but I think that will improve with time too!

Smile

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Lucie.png

Post #43 · Posted at 2011-01-08 08:45:25am 13.2 years ago

Offline PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 Posts
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

Are you doing well on My Summer Love' Stream ?
That should be one of the slowest 16th stream in game, since it's only 100bpm (yes it's ddr, not itg but...).
Also, how are you doing on Fleadh Uncut (16th stream at.... 132 bpm ?).
Robotix is 150. 132 is a lot lower Smile
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/PanStyle.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1336.png?t=1284597568

Post #44 · Posted at 2011-01-08 09:37:50pm 13.2 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

I never played My Summer Love.
Fleadh Uncut has a very easy stream. My actual high score on Fleadh Uncut is 83,31% http://l16.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc4/hs1382.snc4/163431_187006464659627_100000508237708_674093_7897193_n.jpg Big Grin Robotix ....I don`t know how I passed it... I could not read the half chart in the end but somehow managed to hit enough arrows to pass. Big Grin
it was 150 bpm...yeah... Utopia has 169 bpm and that was a way to fast Sad
idk why...but I still can`t pass such stuff as Tribal Style...or One False Move.... stuff that is said to be easy.
I passed Anubis and Temple of boom just 2 days ago...lol.
I have biiiig problems to read charts with mines....cause I`m so confused by the mines that I`m forgetting to step on the arrows. Sad (failed Destiny on Hard 4 times because of the mines before I passed it.... now I can get full combo but bad score cause the mines are still confusing me)
Waaaah....idk how I will ever be able to pass anything hard with difficult 16th streams AND mines.... lol

mh...I just should keep on practicing...

Post #45 · Posted at 2011-01-08 10:53:05pm 13.2 years ago

Offline PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 Posts
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

Yeah keep praticing. Up that fleadh uncut score.
Also play a lot of 8-9-10 because you say that you have reading problem ^^'
Mines confused me too because i mostly only play ddr, so when i play on itg with mines or hands... ahah :p
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/PanStyle.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1336.png?t=1284597568

Post #46 · Posted at 2011-01-09 02:05:54am 13.2 years ago

Offline agentmargo
agentmargo Avatar Member
1,071 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-04-24

"Full Stream Ahead!"
Play Utopia at a lower speed. I play all of my 11s at x2. The mines confuse me a lot as well which is why I haven't passed Vertex or Infection yet.
Thanks so much for the banner Lord Toon! And for the icon Dan!
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac296/agentmargo/Other%20Stuff/Agentmargo.png

Post #47 · Posted at 2011-01-11 12:45:31pm 13.2 years ago

Offline Dreamboy
Dreamboy Avatar Member
100 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-01-07

Quote: Lucie

Now I have just another problem: I`m still very bad at reading 16th streams...and I don`t know how to train this ability.....
I won´t be able to pass 11s with more 16ths and faster bpms without that stuff Sad
Do you have some tips for me?
Just keep on playing? Or can I do something to speed up this process....
I at the moment it`s only my lack of 16ths reading ability that keeps me from being able to pass more 10s and some more easy 11s.

Timing is bad still too... but it will improve with time... I think so.
Oh...and my technique is still very bad but I think that will improve with time too!

Smile

I'm no expert (you're probably better than I am at the moment), but I believe the hallway perspective mod allows higher reading speeds, which means more spacing. I could be wrong, but I think people can read over 33% higher on hallway than on overhead (3x overhead > 4x hallway). Perhaps practicing charts on keyboard would also help you get used to the step patterns?

Funny thing about me is that even after my passing level declined, I think my timing may have continued to improve a bit. Pardon me if I am telling you nothing you don't already know, but I guess the timing can be improved by staying in beat with the flashing step zone (maybe you could try stepping along with it), and technique can be improved by trying to stay closer to the center and step as lightly as possible.

Of course, I guess this is sort of the blind leading the virtually-blind...

Edit: After testing some BPM's on Open In The Groove, it seems to me that hallway speed is equivalent to between 33% and 36% greater than what one would read on overhead (at the very least, hallway speed is over 25% greater). So, whatever one normally reads on overhead increase by about one-third when trying out hallway.
If you are taking the time to read this, then why don't you be my friend?

My GrooveStats

My 1x no bar scores

dancegamesolutions

Post #48 · Posted at 2011-01-11 10:31:39pm 13.2 years ago

Offline NIQ9
NIQ9 Avatar Member
345 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-22

haha

You read really fast. For stuff like Robotix, try 5x hallway or 5x mini. (though if you have 5.25x or 5.5x, that might help too)

Since you can read 600 BPM overhead, 750 to 800 BPM hallway should be ok.

But I watched your Fledh Uncut video, and the way you moved your feet, it was obvious your speed mod was too fast. Try slowing it down a bit. If you don't know how to edit speed mods, you could always download a new theme with different speed mods. I tend to use ITGice and Chromatic themes.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/NIQ9.png

Post #49 · Posted at 2011-01-11 10:51:16pm 13.2 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

Quote: NIQ9
haha

You read really fast. For stuff like Robotix, try 5x hallway or 5x mini. (though if you have 5.25x or 5.5x, that might help too)

Since you can read 600 BPM overhead, 750 to 800 BPM hallway should be ok.

But I watched your Fledh Uncut video, and the way you moved your feet, it was obvious your speed mod was too fast. Try slowing it down a bit. If you don't know how to edit speed mods, you could always download a new theme with different speed mods. I tend to use ITGice and Chromatic themes.

No, speedmod wasn`t to fast, it was just the first time I ever passed it....
Now I can get about 83% and have absolutely no problem with the speed.
I payed Fleadh uncut x4 and the song has 132 bpm... Robotix has 150 bpm and I used x4 to...and it was okay

IDK how to put on speedmods like 3,5, or 4,5... or x,75.....
I I knew I`m sure I could pass Utopia: x3 to slow, x4 to fast .... määh...

And I`m not able to read hallway Sad ....I can pass songs on Hallway only up to 6/7 (depends on the songs) I really tried it.........

Post #50 · Posted at 2011-01-11 11:02:01pm 13.2 years ago

Offline NIQ9
NIQ9 Avatar Member
345 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-10-22

If you can't read hallway, try mini at the arcade.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/NIQ9.png

Post #51 · Posted at 2011-01-11 11:48:59pm 13.2 years ago

Offline agentmargo
agentmargo Avatar Member
1,071 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-04-24

"Full Stream Ahead!"
I find playing stuff at a slower speed helps. Play Utopia at x2.
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac296/agentmargo/Other%20Stuff/Agentmargo.png

Post #52 · Posted at 2011-01-12 02:00:28am 13.2 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1148-0077
Using Mini and putting the speed up 1 setting from what you'd normally play is insanely helpful.

Post #53 · Posted at 2011-01-19 09:34:24am 13.2 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

Mh... I still can`t read Hallway or Mini....

but other question Big Grin

I have these 10s left to pass:
-Bend your Mind
-Bouff
-Disconnected Hyper
-Hillbilly Hardcore
-Kagami
-Know your Enemy
-Oasis (I`m working on this, this will be my first no bar 10, cause idk how to play this with bar)
-Out of the Dark
-Soapy Bubble
-Sweet World
-Tension
-Visible Noise
-Vorsprung durch Techno
-Wanna Do
-Energizer
-VerTex

=16 left

I tried some of them on Monday...but I can`t pass any of them...
What do you think are the easiest one on this "left to pass" list?
I really need some 10s to work on Big Grin
Heeeelp =>Exclaimation Sign Big Grin

The 11s I`m really close to pass are at the moment : Xuxa, the Beginning and Utopia Smile I could pass all 3 songs, but my feet don`t want to move as I want....still to slow.... Confused But I`m working on it! Big Grin

Post #54 · Posted at 2011-01-19 10:26:42am 13.2 years ago

Offline agentmargo
agentmargo Avatar Member
1,071 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-04-24

"Full Stream Ahead!"
Try playing Bend Your Mind and Oasis(use the bar). I know it's a bit difficult that way on Oasis, but I cannot get it without the bar for some reason. Oasis is also hard because of all those crazy freeze crossovers. In fact, I almost tripped several times playing it.

11s- Keep working on Xuxa. Of those 3, that one's the easiest. Charlene and Utopia are good ones to practice as well. To get faster at moving, do other exercise to build up stamina like running. BTW, do you wear a certain type of shoe when playing? Sometimes that helps. I've heard the Puma Tapers are best, but they discontinued them so I wear Puma Etoiles which made a huge difference.

Post #55 · Posted at 2011-01-19 11:41:46am 13.2 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

Quote: agentmargo
Try playing Bend Your Mind and Oasis(use the bar). I know it's a bit difficult that way on Oasis, but I cannot get it without the bar for some reason. Oasis is also hard because of all those crazy freeze crossovers. In fact, I almost tripped several times playing it.

11s- Keep working on Xuxa. Of those 3, that one's the easiest. Charlene and Utopia are good ones to practice as well. To get faster at moving, do other exercise to build up stamina like running. BTW, do you wear a certain type of shoe when playing? Sometimes that helps. I've heard the Puma Tapers are best, but they discontinued them so I wear Puma Etoiles which made a huge difference.

But...how to use the bar when playing this crazy halfspins on Oasis? Smile
mh..
Bend your Mind? Really? I failed after 5 seconds on monday Confused

I got new ITG shoes as Christmas present.
Nike Free 3.0. They are really good!
I suddenly was able to play 9s no bar when i got them!

Post #56 · Posted at 2011-01-19 02:02:45pm 13.2 years ago

Offline PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 Posts
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

Shoes can be important but skills matter the most. I remember some japanease playing an hard song barefoot on ddr, he kicked ass.

From your list, bend your mind might be one of the easiest to pass but not to score.

The hardest imo are Oasis, Soapy Bubble and Disconected Hyper.

Xuxa is the easiest 11, it's even easier than the three 10' named before.

Post #57 · Posted at 2011-01-19 04:27:35pm 13.2 years ago

Offline Dreamboy
Dreamboy Avatar Member
100 Posts
United States
Reg. 2011-01-07

The following is based on what I've read on other forums and my own personal experience. I have attempted to list them in ascending order of difficulty (based mostly on my own experience although the categories are partially based on what I have read from others).

* indicates songs that I think you might be able to get based on my experience and the songs you've passed (of course, you'll be able to get them all eventually, but I've pointed out ones you could probably get sooner than laterHappy). This is only my opinion, and I don't know everything about you or how you play, so I could be wrong. Perhaps, try practicing them at home, so you don't spend more money than you intended at the arcade?

Easy 10's
Vorsprung durch Techno*
VerTex*? (How are you with BPM changes?)
Wanna Do*

Easy-Medium 10's
Visible Noise (To me, the worst part about this was the step jumps -- I'm bad at jumps and step jumps -- otherwise, it's not really tough, how are you with step jumps?)
Bend your Mind (a little tricky, how are you with hands and 32nds?)
Kagami*?
Sweet World (actually not that tough, just don't let the tricky/unusual step patterns throw you off although there are 32nds)
Oasis (not that tough to pass as far as 10's go, but it is tricky; have you tried letting go of the bar with one or both hands at certain parts?)

Medium 10's
Out of the Dark*
Xuxa* (I know it's rated 11, but it really is easier than Hillbilly Hardcore.)
Hillbilly Hardcore* (This one pretty much takes technique, I thought it was somewhat similar to Sunshine, so you might get this if you keep trying)
Energizer*?
Utopia*? (I'm just guessing it goes here. It is a little tricky.)
Tension*? (I'm not overly familiar with this one -- I've never tried it on foot.)

Tough 10's
Disconnected Hyper (It doesn't look that tough, but I've heard it is, and I've never passed it, but you might be able to...)
Bouff
Know your Enemy
Soapy Bubble (tricky from what I've heard)

Fun fact: I passed Charlene and Xuxa the same day I failed Robotix (did not last long -- failed before that crazy speed up although I probably could have done better) and Hillbilly Hardcore (I thought I came relatively close, though). Congratulations on getting close to passing The BeginningHappy Do you have any trouble with mines or reading or anything? How is your stamina?
If you are taking the time to read this, then why don't you be my friend?

My GrooveStats

My 1x no bar scores

dancegamesolutions

Post #58 · Posted at 2011-01-19 10:09:20pm 13.2 years ago

Offline agentmargo
agentmargo Avatar Member
1,071 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-04-24

"Full Stream Ahead!"
Quote: Lucie
Quote: agentmargo

But...how to use the bar when playing this crazy halfspins on Oasis? Smile
mh..
Bend your Mind? Really? I failed after 5 seconds on monday Confused

I got new ITG shoes as Christmas present.
Nike Free 3.0. They are really good!
I suddenly was able to play 9s no bar when i got them!
True, I'll try to get a video of that one and Oasis ASAP, I just remember using the bar on it at some point. Once you get through that beginning part in Bend Your Mind, the rest is pretty downhill and is do-able without the bar. I haven't played these in a while.

Post #59 · Posted at 2011-01-19 11:11:32pm 13.2 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

@ Dreamboy:
Wow, nice post, thank you Smile
Okay, now I`ll give my own comments to the songs...you asked a lot of questions, so I want to answer themBig Grin

first: I`m playing almost only at home...sometimes I can go to an Arcade...but thats really not often (once a month or once in 2 months) Thats because: I don`t have the money to travel to the dedicab more often...
Me= living in Germany = not even one dedicab
Next Dedicab = in the Netherlands Sad

Easy 10's
Vorsprung durch Techno*
never tried
VerTex*? (How are you with BPM changes?)
I hate the BPM changes but they are okay... I fail because of the mines and because you can`t use higher speedmods than 1,5 cause of the end....
Wanna Do*
never tried...

Easy-Medium 10's
Visible Noise (To me, the worst part about this was the step jumps -- I'm bad at jumps and step jumps -- otherwise, it's not really tough, how are you with step jumps?)
I VERY bad on quick step jump combination... or on quick jumps at all...
Bend your Mind (a little tricky, how are you with hands and 32nds?)
Hands: no Problem... 32nds: Noooooo!!! Dead
Kagami*?
Eh, nope... quick step jump combos again...so, no chance
Sweet World (actually not that tough, just don't let the tricky/unusual step patterns throw you off although there are 32nds)
I can pass about 2/3 of the song... I`m not sure why I`m failing the end.
Oasis (not that tough to pass as far as 10's go, but it is tricky; have you tried letting go of the bar with one or both hands at certain parts?)
As I said I`m working on it...I believe I could already pass it, but I don`t want to try at the moment, I prefer to practice this song on lower speed (rate 0,7 or 0,8 at the moment) a little bit longer.

Medium 10's
Out of the Dark*

Failed...I don`t remember why
Xuxa* (I know it's rated 11, but it really is easier than Hillbilly Hardcore.)
Fail on this fucking long 16th run in the middle...If not this run I would pass it.
Hillbilly Hardcore* (This one pretty much takes technique, I thought it was somewhat similar to Sunshine, so you might get this if you keep trying)
Ehm..
I have problems with this song on Hard...idk what it was, I think 8... So I think there would be no sense trying this now...
Energizer*?
FAIL! just a way to fast.
Utopia*? (I'm just guessing it goes here. It is a little tricky.)
It`s an 11... okay, I have problems with this 16th death run... I would maybe pass it when I would have a bigger screen.
Tension*? (I'm not overly familiar with this one -- I've never tried it on foot.)
never tried

Tough 10's
Disconnected Hyper (It doesn't look that tough, but I've heard it is, and I've never passed it, but you might be able to...)
I fail it almost at the end... theres a part I don`t understand... but this is maybe because of my small screen to.
Bouff
Never tried
Know your Enemy
tried but I don`t remember
Soapy Bubble (tricky from what I've heard)
Oh.... I don`t understand this song...lol

Congratulations on getting close to passing The Beginning Do you have any trouble with mines or reading or anything? How is your stamina?
I failed on the stream right before the mines part.
The whole beginning was no problem... then I suddenly couldn`t read it anymore Sad maybe because of the screen to? idk.... it was not a stamina fail... I had enough stamina to try it 5 times nonstop... and always failed at the same part....

ok, now I`m going to try the 10s I didn´t try now Smile

@Margo:
Only the beginning of Bend you Mind is Hard?
Mh...okay, I`ll try it...

Post #60 · Posted at 2011-01-20 05:56:39am 13.2 years ago

Offline agentmargo
agentmargo Avatar Member
1,071 Posts
United States
Reg. 2010-04-24

"Full Stream Ahead!"
ARGH!!!! My ITG data got corrupted on both of my memory cards so now I have to start unlocking everything by playing 200 songs all over again!!!! MadMadMad
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-20 06:10:47
This page took 0.015 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language