Help migrating from DDRUK builds.

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2010-08-27 02:03:13pm 13.6 years ago

Offline Shaddap
Shaddap Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-08-23

Good news, guys. Found the link to a MUCH better sounding rip of Ultramix and the mp3's are in VBR. Tracks just need to be trimmed here and there to make the conversions. Best comparison of the improvement in quality is Do That Thang or Ready Steady Go. Also, if you go to the parent directory, you can find rips of other DDR games, including all other Ultramix games.

http://www.protoman.com/Music/Music/Dance%20Dance%20Revolution%20Ultramix%20(Xbox%20Direct%20Extraction)/

EDIT: Just for kicks, I trimmed the silence at the beginning of Ready Steady Go to match the already existing stepfile. The original started with .555 seconds of silence, so I did the same for the one downloaded from protoman.com. Here's the link for you guys, just replace the old Ready Steady Go mp3 in your Ultramix folder. http://www.mediafire.com/?3z43seedampk7t2

EDIT #2: This one was a pain in the ass, but I just synced up the Do That Thang mp3 to match the sm file. Had to add silence at the beginning of the song but it had to be done in tiny increments until the waveforms were identical, which was a little tough considering the bad quality the original mp3 was in. It's absolutely perfect now, so here's the link to the higher quality Do That Thang. http://www.mediafire.com/?nz3i66cx3xr2xc1

EDIT #3: Ok, one last one for tonight. Just replaced Castles In The Sky but I need someone to test it out, as I never actually played the song before. I gave it a shot and while the beat is totally in sync all the way through to the end, it just feels a little odd to me? Or was the stepchart always like that? lol Someone confirm this for me. The mp3 found over at protoman.com had a bpm of 140.01 as opposed to the original's 139.97, so I changed it accordingly, hence why I uploaded the zip file containing the dwi file with the updated bpm. http://www.mediafire.com/?6z00xu33padac2r

Post #22 · Posted at 2010-08-27 11:39:48pm 13.6 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Wouldn't it be easier to post updated offsets instead of having to re-tool the MP3s? Nice find... they sound pretty damn good for their file size.

"MAX 300 [Resistance].mp3" Very Happy

Post #23 · Posted at 2010-08-28 12:37:45am 13.6 years ago

Offline Shaddap
Shaddap Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-08-23

Quote: AeronPeryton
Wouldn't it be easier to post updated offsets instead of having to re-tool the MP3s? Nice find... they sound pretty damn good for their file size.

"MAX 300 [Resistance].mp3" Very Happy

You're probably right about changing the offsets, it didn't occur to me. lol I'm too used to fiddling with Adobe Audition though, I rip music from games via line-in all the time, so I enjoy the whole process of matching waveforms, as it feels more precise.

Post #24 · Posted at 2010-08-29 09:19:43am 13.6 years ago

Offline neothe0ne
neothe0ne Avatar Member
288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-09

Good to see TPH is still alive. (Nearly all of the currently-hosted rips there are mine, btw. It didn't use to be that way but Capcom demanded takedowns of Capcom stuff so =\)

When you say you "added silence" and "trimmed" those mp3s, I hope you didn't transcode them.. that defeats much of the purpose of trying to achieve higher quality since you lose it.

ps: I don't recommend using VBR mp3s in StepMania because it screws with the samplestarts, unless it got fixed within the past couple years when everyone who really cared about audio quality in SM and didn't care about DWI switched to Vorbis.

Post #25 · Posted at 2010-08-30 03:09:02am 13.6 years ago

Offline Shaddap
Shaddap Avatar Member
6 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-08-23

Quote: neothe0ne
Good to see TPH is still alive. (Nearly all of the currently-hosted rips there are mine, btw. It didn't use to be that way but Capcom demanded takedowns of Capcom stuff so =\)

When you say you "added silence" and "trimmed" those mp3s, I hope you didn't transcode them.. that defeats much of the purpose of trying to achieve higher quality since you lose it.

ps: I don't recommend using VBR mp3s in StepMania because it screws with the samplestarts, unless it got fixed within the past couple years when everyone who really cared about audio quality in SM and didn't care about DWI switched to Vorbis.

Nope, when I fiddled with the files, I saved it in it's original state. Ready Steady Go started at 140kbps (average) and remains 140kbps after editing, just download the two and compare in a waveform viewer if you're skeptical. I didn't notice any difference on my end when playing the VBR tracks...maybe it's a good idea to just CBR it at 128kbps, the quality would still remain much better than the old files.

Post #26 · Posted at 2010-08-30 04:13:54am 13.6 years ago

Offline Prisoner416
Prisoner416 Avatar Member
45 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-08-12

Quote: Shaddap
maybe it's a good idea to just CBR it at 128kbps, the quality would still remain much better than the old files.

128 kbps is a world of pain and misery where the children get their lollies stolen from them.

Post #27 · Posted at 2010-08-30 06:14:04am 13.6 years ago

Offline CyberTootie
CyberTootie Avatar Member
14 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-07-13

Adobe Audition does not support MP3 trimming at the block level, and in actuality, the MP3 encode is lost once you open the file in the program. Thus, any save to MP3 in Audition, regardless of whether or not any edits were performed, will be transcoded.

Quote: Adobe Audition 3.0 Help
When you open an .mp3 file, the audio converts into the uncompressed internal format of Adobe Audition. As a result, you can save an .mp3 file in any format.

Avoid compressing the same audio to mp3 more than once. Opening and resaving an .mp3 file causes it to be recompressed, so any artifacts from the compressing process become more pronounced.

The only tool that I'm aware of that can trim MP3s on the block level is mp3DirectCut. The problem with mp3DirectCut, besides its difficult to use interface, is that it, in fact, trims MP3s on the block level; so if you're looking to be able to trim an MP3 and get sample-for-sample sync with another file, chances are you're not going to get it. But some people aren't as anal about syncing to the sample as I am, so this just might work for you. But be warned: the interface is painful.

Syncing edits should be done with the uncompressed source whenever possible.

Post #28 · Posted at 2010-08-31 10:21:45pm 13.6 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
And this is ULTRAMIX we're talking about here, the original audio files are in a special version of Windows Media Audio. Yay.

I have the song packs, if I can find something to rip the audio I'll see about getting the games again... Then we'll have original files to play with.

Post #29 · Posted at 2010-09-04 03:57:20am 13.6 years ago

Offline Prisoner416
45 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-08-12

And this is ULTRAMIX we're talking about here, the original audio files are in a special version of Windows Media Audio. Yay.

I have the song packs, if I can find something to rip the audio I'll see about getting the games again... Then we'll have CBR files to play with.

What's special about them?

Post #30 · Posted at 2010-09-05 11:05:27am 13.6 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
They are only suppose to play on Xbox systems.

Post #31 · Posted at 2010-09-12 07:09:56pm 13.6 years ago

Offline Prisoner416
45 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2010-08-12

They are only suppose to play on Xbox systems.

Well hell, if Microsoft's involved, it's bound to be crackable. Just a matter of time and the right people hacking away at it.

Unless it's truly encrypted, it should hopefully only be a matter of time.

Post #32 · Posted at 2010-09-12 11:19:17pm 13.6 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
I've never found a plug-in that can play XM* media outside of an Xbox, or any program that can convert the files for normal use. Microsoft didn't slouch when they built the security for their consoles. The original Xbox is nine years old and there are still things that people have not cracked.

Post #33 · Posted at 2010-09-16 01:49:05am 13.6 years ago

Offline neothe0ne
neothe0ne Avatar Member
288 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-10-09

uh clearly the original xbox used adpcm waves, and they were not encrypted, as they were easily converted.

I'd upload stepmania friendly files right now but I don't have access to the original files right now.

Post #34 · Posted at 2010-09-16 03:01:07am 13.6 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
There were a lot of different audio formats used actually, and you're right most are easily converted. What I was focusing on was the video files. Specifically the ones used in ULTRAMIX which are playable through a hacked console but I've never ever seen a working converter for them to be used elsewhere.

I've found a converter for the music files in ULTRAMIX in the mean time. As I typed above I wasn't remembering what format they were in.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 18:06:33
This page took 0.013 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language