DDR & Bemani Locations in Japan

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2010-04-27 05:35:08am 13.9 years ago

Offline SpyHunter29
SpyHunter29 Avatar Member
330 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-09

I'll be going to Japan in a month, and since our Arcade Locations database is sorely lacking in that country, I was wondering what you guys out there would recommend. What are some of the best arcades for Bemani games, preferably around Tokyo?
98% of teenagers do or have tried caving into peer pressure. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, DO NOT copy & paste this in your signature.

Post #2 · Posted at 2010-04-27 05:57:26am 13.9 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
Cat's Eye in Machida is pretty popular and has all the latest versions of all the BEMANI games. Honestly, you won't have a hard time finding arcades (They call them "Game Centers" over there by the way. I don't know how much Japanese you know, but if you happen to be asking someone who speaks English, it's probably best to use Game Center rather than Arcade).

Depending on when you go, you might be able to go to the location tests for jubeat knit or Resort Anthem. Although by the time, location tests will likely be happening in places like Kyoto or even Sapporo.

Post #3 · Posted at 2010-04-27 07:53:55am 13.9 years ago

Offline SpyHunter29
330 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-09

Quote: Pie-kun
Cat's Eye in Machida is pretty popular and has all the latest versions of all the BEMANI games. Honestly, you won't have a hard time finding arcades (They call them "Game Centers" over there by the way. I don't know how much Japanese you know, but if you happen to be asking someone who speaks English, it's probably best to use Game Center rather than Arcade).

Depending on when you go, you might be able to go to the location tests for jubeat knit or Resort Anthem. Although by the time, location tests will likely be happening in places like Kyoto or even Sapporo.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, Machida's quite a ways off from where I'm staying in Tokyo (Minato ward), but we'll see. And that tip about the term "game center) was interesting - and informative. I might have seen "arcade" used in katakana before, but if "game center"'s what they use, then that's what I'm gonna break out.
98% of teenagers do or have tried caving into peer pressure. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, DO NOT copy & paste this in your signature.

Post #4 · Posted at 2010-04-27 08:25:36am 13.9 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
I remember asking my Japanese teacher about it a long time ago, so I don't remember too correctly but I think she said something like アーケード is used to refer to the type of game and not the place where the game is played. In English, we play arcade games at the arcade, but in Japan, they play arcade games at Game Centers, if that makes sense.

I also just remembered a pretty useful thing. On the product pages for most of the newer versions of BEMANI games, there is a search option which lets you search for places that have that particular machine. Here, for example is DDR X's:

http://www.konami.jp/products/am_ddrx/shoplist.html

Lots of Japanese required though.

Post #5 · Posted at 2010-05-03 12:30:23am 13.9 years ago

Offline SpyHunter29
330 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-09

It's a pity we're the only ones involved in this discussion. Sad Still, that link is pretty cool, even though I have to use a translator.

Another note, what about older DDR and Bemani games, just for a little variety? Things might have changed since the last time you were in the country, but do you remember anything like that?

Post #6 · Posted at 2010-05-09 09:17:55am 13.8 years ago

Offline Dr.D
Dr.D Avatar Member
1,451 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-03-01

I personally like akihabara and Ikehaburu. (spell check?)

There are many more and you almost cant go wrong. Lot of variety where ever you go.
Add my DDR 2013 Rival code-1106-3749
Visit my YouTube channel DDR 2013 videos!
DrDvids

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/2647.png?t=1235917793

Post #7 · Posted at 2010-05-13 09:35:59pm 13.8 years ago

Offline SpyHunter29
330 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-09

It's Ikebukuro, I know what you're talking about.

One arcade I've been looking at last night is Sega GiGo. Specifically, the one in Akihabara, but they have another one there and in Shibuya, too. Thoughts?

And I've only now realized that there is a separate forum for Japan; moderators, do you think you should move this thread over there please?

Post #8 · Posted at 2010-05-17 06:47:17am 13.8 years ago

Offline discovigilante
discovigilante Avatar Member
49 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2010-02-06
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/mahounofuusen
"チーム・ファイナリー"
In Tokyo? You can go anywhere in Akihabara and find good places to play. My personal favorite is at the Don Quihote (sic) 5th floor, right above a maid cafe!

http://www.donki.com/c/shop/shop.php?shopid=98

Pretty much every big game center will have DDR X though.

Post #9 · Posted at 2010-05-17 07:42:13am 13.8 years ago

Offline SpyHunter29
330 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-09

Thank you. One other place I've been looking at is Shibuya Kaikan Monaco. Guess where it is.

Naw, but I first heard about it from this article [link]. Apparently specialize in lots of classic games, but thanks to that shop list link that Pie-kun posted, they also have DDR X and Pop'n Music 18.

Post #10 · Posted at 2010-05-17 07:56:52am 13.8 years ago

Offline discovigilante
discovigilante Avatar Member
49 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2010-02-06
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/mahounofuusen
"チーム・ファイナリー"
Ah yeah, I went there a while ago. They DO have DDRX, but you won't be able to hear anything over the shooters, it's ridiculous. Do check it out to see the random dudes manhandling Gradius though, it's amazing. For DDR I'd recommend the Don Quihote I mentioned because there's 4 machines and you can meet a lot of random players there.

And hey if you come up to Hokkaido let me know! Pretty much no other American players here ;_;

edit: err, clarification- at Taito HEY! you'll find all the shooters. not sure about the Shibuya location.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 12:16:07
This page took 0.008 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language