Logo

Super Street Fighter 4 Announced for Arcade!!!!!!!!

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #21 · Posted at 2010-04-08 05:59:05am 14 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
n00b_saib0t Avatar Member
2,302 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: n00bsaib0tNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7875-2425-72033DS Friend Code: 4871-6557-4900
"F***ing exhausted."
Quote: cali_surfer_788
Quote: e-s-g
Quote: Exor

Quote: Shubox
Meh. Who cares. Call me when they announce Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Good luck with that ever happening.

Im pretty sure its been hinted at for a while now.
where?

http://kotaku.com/5029501/marvel-vs-capcom-3-otw

Here?

TvC is in the same series as XvSF-MvC2, that being the VS series. when asked if a new MvC game was possible, TvC being the next game in the series could have very well been what he was talking about.

theres also that thing about him possibly misunderstanding the question.
Quote: sharibetsu in The Unwritten Rules of ZIv thread
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.

Post #22 · Posted at 2010-04-08 09:55:17am 14 years ago

Offline Shubox
Shubox Avatar Member
707 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2008-07-22

I have TvC. It's an amazing game really.

Post #23 · Posted at 2010-04-08 10:57:53am 14 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
2,302 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: n00bsaib0tNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7875-2425-72033DS Friend Code: 4871-6557-4900
"F***ing exhausted."
Quote: Shubox
I have TvC. It's an amazing game really.

i was a little put off by the 4 button set up at first, but once i finally played it, i found it quite enjoyable. i cant call it amazing because i have limited time with it, but its definitely solid, cool art style, great character choices, fairly balanced.

also i cant help but notice that, once again, i corrected someone and my rating dropped. gotta love the DDR community.
Any popular thread must have at least one debate between n00b_saib0t and someone else.

Post #24 · Posted at 2010-04-08 02:22:19pm 14 years ago

Offline cali_surfer_788
cali_surfer_788 Avatar Member
742 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-11-04

I can't help but notice cruel and condecending attitude in the way you post......well always.
Also, if you are worried about your rating, I would change the way you tell people they are wrong, since apparently this has happened more than once. Especially when they arent actually wrong, since you say "they never hinted at MVC3" and that could have been a hint at MVC3.
Its possible he mis-understood the question, I was just posting to show that I wasnt just making crap up is all.
I suppose it could have been TVC, but that was already in development and well known about at the time of the question.

Post #25 · Posted at 2010-04-08 02:50:40pm 14 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
Well, unlikely as it may seem, a collaborative project with Activision *could* bring the idea to life. And I'm certain we'll be seeing future air-combo tag-teaming games, but hopefully ones less broken than MvC 1~2 were. (MSH and MSHvSF were my favorites, personally. Where fighters could FIGHT, and the BGM still kicked plenty of ass. MvC wasn't too bad in the original BGM department... but the MSH remixes were kind of snoozers, for that kind of pacing.)

As for SSF4... it better bring more to the table than SF4 did! I hated the parry system revision (flub one hit and you take ALL the damage?), and for the most part, it felt like a repackaging of SSF2T, with a sprinkling of takes-forever-to-enable SFA characters (and Sakura was nerfed all to hell! But at least they kept her GOOD super, this time).

Hyper SFA (random mode!) is still my favorite, 3rd Strike and EX2 being shortly behind that. And... am I the only one who likes the idea of the next CvS game being air-combo/tag-team style? KoF's sound team needs to write the BGM's though (see KoF 2003/XI for instance).

Finally, a decade and a half has taught me something about the SF games and their developers. Revision #3 WILL be coming, and probably within a year. I'm betting my money on that being "the one." (Think about it... SF2 Turbo. SFA2 Gold. SF EX +a. EX2 PLUS. 3rd Strike. CvS 2 (note: after CvSTongueRO). Notice a pattern there? Even in the portable sector, third time's usually the charm.)
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #26 · Posted at 2010-04-08 05:17:04pm 14 years ago

Offline Zukin-Man
Zukin-Man Avatar Member+
4,679 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-05-12

Nintendo Network ID: I.C.Howie3DS Friend Code: 2938-8870-4744
"Nature: Naughty"
Quote: n00b_saib0t
also i cant help but notice that, once again, i corrected someone and my rating dropped. gotta love the DDR community.

Ah, you still have over 200. Quit worrying.

Post #27 · Posted at 2010-04-09 01:02:49am 14 years ago

Offline TimeSpaceMage
TimeSpaceMage Avatar Member
976 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-06-28

"Sarah/Autumn"
*happens to see this topic in the RSS*

Oh THANK YOU! I was worried about the arcade community having to ignore Super.
Play my game Arcana Seal of Rimsala (SNES)!

Post #28 · Posted at 2010-04-09 02:27:25am 14 years ago

Offline cali_surfer_788
742 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-11-04

lol look at what just showed up on 1up today.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178708

Post #29 · Posted at 2010-04-09 05:36:21am 14 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
2,302 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

"F***ing exhausted."
I can't help but notice cruel and condecending attitude in the way you post......well always.

with cali in your name i'm assuming you're from the US? well, 9/10 americans have very thin skin. they cant stand being told they are wrong or hearing that someone disagrees with their opinion. when you do so, no matter how you say it, you're being rude, condescending, or anything else they want you to be. i miss europe so much for this reason, you can be in a full on yelling match with someone over something then all of a sudden its like "oh look a beer..." and all is good, no one is actually offended at the other person.

there is also this site's general fanboyish "bemani is superior" mindset. i've had huge rating drops just from pointing out that guitar hero has the hardest drum charts hands down despite drum mania's steeper learning curve, and that rock band and guitar hero were both harder on guitar than guitar freaks until XG came out. not even talking about how good the actual games are or stating an opinion, i posted a fact (expert + raining blood, TTFAF, TBATH are harder than anything in drum mania, expert run to the hills and visions are more draining than anything in drum mania for example. they are harder songs) and got a ratings drop.

anyway, cool rumor for MvC3, but since capcom still hasnt said anything to hint at MvC3 i'm technically right :p

Post #30 · Posted at 2010-04-09 05:43:00am 14 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
there is also this site's general fanboyish "bemani is superior" mindset.
Quote: Zenius-i-vanisher.com
#1 Ad-Free MUSIC GAMING News Site
end of story.

True the BEMANI games are a bit better in terms of music, gameplay, and other perks, but it's a bit childish to just think that BEMANI games are FAR superior than the American music-rhythm games...a.k.a bemani rulez, america suxs ass >:V

Post #31 · Posted at 2010-04-09 05:43:19am 14 years ago

Offline Oni-91
Oni-91 Avatar Moderator+
13,492 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-10-20

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3445-5569-17913DS Friend Code: 008736577880
"Ambivalent Viennetta"
i miss europe so much for this reason, you can be in a full on yelling match with someone over something then all of a sudden its like "oh look a beer..." and all is good, no one is actually offended at the other person.
I'm European. I have never seen this happen.

there is also this site's general fanboyish "bemani is superior" mindset. i've had huge rating drops just from pointing out that guitar hero has the hardest drum charts hands down despite drum mania's steeper learning curve, and that rock band and guitar hero were both harder on guitar than guitar freaks until XG came out. not even talking about how good the actual games are or stating an opinion, i posted a fact (expert + raining blood, TTFAF, TBATH are harder than anything in drum mania, expert run to the hills and visions are more draining than anything in drum mania for example. they are harder songs) and got a ratings drop.
Harder =/= superior. Visions on Expert is fucking hard, yes, but it's not very good, just hard just for the sake of being hard, IMO. But your point still stands, it's still extreme to rating drop you just for that.
ZIv Mod Squad: "I'm a trash panda now, don't worry about it"
Can you make music? ZENIUS -I- MANIA 2023 NEEDS YOU
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvT2ARPaQAAxRVX.jpg:large

Post #32 · Posted at 2010-04-09 02:57:54pm 14 years ago

Offline cali_surfer_788
742 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-11-04

with cali in your name i'm assuming you're from the US? well, 9/10 americans have very thin skin. they cant stand being told they are wrong or hearing that someone disagrees with their opinion. when you do so, no matter how you say it, you're being rude, condescending, or anything else they want you to be. i miss europe so much for this reason, you can be in a full on yelling match with someone over something then all of a sudden its like "oh look a beer..." and all is good, no one is actually offended at the other person.

anyway, cool rumor for MvC3, but since capcom still hasnt said anything to hint at MvC3 i'm technically right :p
Im just going to pretend this post didnt happen, (really, americans? Im not going to point out the ignorance there) and assume the Tongue at the end of your post means the end of hostility.

Post #33 · Posted at 2010-04-09 03:14:16pm 14 years ago

Offline ColorOfSakura
ColorOfSakura Avatar Member
32 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-22

How in the hell this has anything to do with the discussion at hand evades me entirely. This is just inane rambling.

Maybe it's just you in the end dude? I mean, if you were responding to those people the way you responded to Cali in this thread, then yes, I totally understand the reason the ratings drop occured. Your general attitude comes across as aloof and it makes you seem like a real douche. You may or may not be intending it, but people still look at your posts and see someone who's constantly taking shots at people because you think you're right and they're wrong.

I think its childish for them to drop your rating because you think Game A is better than Game B, either way.

Post #34 · Posted at 2010-04-09 04:33:11pm 14 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
*SHINKU-HADOKENS the last 5 (off-topic) posts for a 150+ combo*

K.O.
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #35 · Posted at 2010-04-09 06:05:46pm 14 years ago

Offline e-s-g
e-s-g Avatar Member
2,208 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-11-16

on that note, i think i'm dropping Ryu for good in Super. I really don't like the 2-hit shoryuken he has now.
and the removal of his super trap with a jumping opponent. oh well.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/iidxsig/2004.png?t=12561638100
gay for kors k

Post #36 · Posted at 2010-04-10 03:50:32am 14 years ago

Offline n00b_saib0t
2,302 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-02-05

"F***ing exhausted."
Quote: Oni-91
I'm European. I have never seen this happen.
maybe i should have said germany? people were just way laid back there, nothing really bothered them, especially when we were all drunk lol

Quote: Oni-91
Harder =/= superior. Visions on Expert is fucking hard, yes, but it's not very good, just hard just for the sake of being hard, IMO. But your point still stands, it's still extreme to rating drop you just for that.
but thats why i never said the games were better. the particular discussions i'm talking about were people saying bemani was superior to american rhythm games because of the stepper learning curve, and steeper learning curve = harder game. all i did is point out that it isnt true and i probably dropped 50 points for it.

Im just going to pretend this post didnt happen, (really, americans? Im not going to point out the ignorance there) and assume the Tongue at the end of your post means the end of hostility.
we'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not i'm ignorant. as for the hostility, my original post had none. just some sarcasm and caps for emphasis on what was commonly assumed to be MvC3 clues, which may or may not be in development. the fact that the article makes mention that its from the same guy who leaked SSF4 just screams "i'm trying to sound legitimate" to me. i hope i'm wrong, an MvC3 would be swell, but no word at all has come from capcom other than "no"... then again, we're posting in an arcade SSF4 topic. 2 weeks ago we were told we wouldnt get that.

Quote: e-s-g
on that note, i think i'm dropping Ryu for good in Super. I really don't like the 2-hit shoryuken he has now.
and the removal of his super trap with a jumping opponent. oh well.
you still have jab SRK for FADC, but that super trap has been around forever, there was no need to remove it i agree. on the plus side, ryu might be able to do c.mk, short tatsumaki, EX SRK, FADC, ultra without EX SRK now. 2 hit fierce SRK means it will juggle like the EX version does, the only question is will it be cancelable? but thats a handy tool for ryu to have when he lands the low forward poke but is too far away for SRK to connect and is near a corner, i've used it a few times.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-05-01 21:55:05
This page took 0.015 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language