Logo

GH/RB simfiles for FoF (FoFiX) - yay or nay?

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2010-03-17 09:40:50am 14.1 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
Though the site is very focused and tuned to the theme of DDR simfiles, do you think this would be an appropriate site to post GH/RB simfiles at as well, for use with Frets Of Fire and FoFiX, now that those exist as well?

Haha... I would LOVE to see a folder format that allows both SM and FoFiX to access songs with notechart *and* stepchart support, but that's probably never gonna happen, given musical layering involved in GH/RB...
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png

Post #2 · Posted at 2010-03-17 10:42:44am 14.1 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,023 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
It depends on the format of the files for FoF. Summarizing it in one sentence isn't going to work, so I'll elaborate.

When uploading simfiles it asks for the audio file, graphics, and the sm/dwi files. If the simfiles for Fof can follow that format, then the problem wouldn't be in uploading it. The problem would be in selecting the person to maintain those files.

Even if the simfiles for FoF conform to our uploading format, you can zip them up yourself and upload it as a custom zip, rather than having the site zip it up for you. As with the previous method, we would need to find a person to be in charge of maintaining those files.

I'm uncertain as to whether Alan or the others have great experience in that program, or the songs available. If anything, just request a simfile category and upload the songs yourself and the site can work from there to find the most optimal* solution.

* = no idea if that's a word as I've never conjugated "optimize" in my life.(Telperion told me I conjugated the word correctly. Thank you Telperion! :) )

Post #3 · Posted at 2010-03-17 10:11:50pm 14.1 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Scorehero.com is a site that i know that has files like that so that you can put them into FoF or a custom GH3 game, you should probably ask over there and see how the simfiles are created so you could probably start one here Smile

I would like to see this happen though, even though i am not that big of a fan of GH, i would like to see some RB simfiles here though...

...I really do hope someone is making a PC emulator of DJ Hero, if that were to happen then i would be first in line to call the shots for a simfile category of those mixes >_> :3.

Post #4 · Posted at 2010-03-18 12:21:38am 14.1 years ago

Offline Nightime
Nightime Avatar Member
1,116 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-18
MySpace: d34dm34t
"ARR JOO LEADY??"
For FoFiX (the GH:WT/RB sim), the essential files per song are:

song.ini = this contains data like the title and artist, the custom "tips" screens for certain songs, etc.

Quote: sample RB song.ini
[song]
name = Highway Star
artist = Deep Purple
album = Machine Head
year = 1972
genre = Classic Rock
diff_guitar = 5
diff_drums = 6
diff_bass = 5
diff_band = 5
unlock_id = rb2_t6
icon = rb1
unlockb_id = rb2_t6
unlockg_id = rb2_t6
unlockr_id = rb2_t6
unlockd_id = rb2_t7

album.png (or album.jpg) = the offical album art of the song, if one pertains to it. Generally goes with 400x400, but 200x200 will show up just fine unless you're computer's plugged into a HD TV/monitor.

song.ogg = in most cases, this is the part of the song that plays regardless of players' performances. This might also be the "vocals" part that toggles on and off, since one doesn't exist for that yet.

guitar.ogg, drums.ogg, rhythm.ogg, bass.ogg = instrumental layers that "turn off" when a note is missed, and "turn on" when one is hit. I don't believe vocals are seperated yet, at least according to the versions I have so far. Generally, a song will contain either rhythm OR bass, not both. I don't know for a fact that 3 guitar charts per song is supported, but since no songs feature it yet, I'm going to assume it does not.

notes.mid = this is an actual MIDI sequence, that contains the notecharts for each instrument; and is the reference for them. I don't think it plays actual audio, though you COULD, if you really wanted to listen to it.

Sometimes there's an additional "unedited" MIDI, too... most people make custom songs by using a MIDI converter program, and then arranging the notes to fit the 5-fret/5-drum formats. Usually this happens most often with drums, as all sound effects like cowbells (and levels of toms) default to blue only, so highs and lows aren't seperated out at first.

It does support BG movies too, but not having any yet, I'm not sure which format. I'd assume AVIs, because I think that's what the actual RB/RB2 engine (for PS2/Wii) uses.

FoF is similar, except that it only uses guitar/rhythm/bass.ogg, and the drums are part of song.ogg by default, the song.ini format is a LOT simpler (see sample below) and that some songs use "label.png" or "label.jpg" instead of "album," because they're "cassette stickers" basically. IIRC, these show up on the loading screen in appropriate screenpacks.

Quote: sample GH2 song.ini
[song]
artist = Wolfmother
name = Woman
scores = 63657265616c310a310a646963740a300a72300a

My collection so far is pretty incomplete (I have GH2, RB1, LRB, BH, and about half of GH1 and RB2 each), and apparently I forgot my FoF forum password (ohshit), so there's not a lot I can do about it for the time being, besides find other sources. I'm scoring a potential RB2 simfile torrentright now, but it's expected to take 16 hours. If things go right. So that wouldn't be today, anyways.
https://i.imgur.com/C2il3tl.png
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-25 17:42:31
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language