Logo

Rhyme Player (iPhone/iPod Touch) (International)

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2010-02-05 05:17:44pm 14.1 years ago

Offline al2k4
al2k4 Avatar Admin
9,387 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-01

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6451-2397-9509
"BEMANI Sound Team"
konami.png Rhyme Player

Quote: Konami Press Release
RHYME PLAYER NOW AVAILABLE ON APPLE APP STORE

Konami Reveals Billboard Chart-Topping Artists for Innovative Title Now Available for the iPhone and iPod Touch

Konami Digital Entertainment today announced the availability of Rhyme Player on the Apple App Store for the iPhone and iPod touch. Brought to you by the music genre leader, the new interactive title bridges lyrics and beats for music game aficionados, and provides gamers a new way to experience some of today’s most popular songs and artists including: “Just Dance” from Lady Gaga, “First Time” from Lifehouse, “ABC” from the Jackson 5, “Poison” from Bell Biv DeVoe and “Show me” from The Cover Girls.

In Rhyme Player, players must tap into their inner rhythm master and touch the song lyrics along with the beat. To test their rhythm, gamers can play through two levels, Easy and Normal. In the Easy levels, gamers will have to follow the lyrics as they flow from the bottom of the screen and tap the line in the upper part of their screen along with the beat. In the Normal levels, gamers must tap the lyrics according to the beat of the song. The game additionally offers different gameplay modes, Shuffle and Ensemble, that challenge players with different lyric flow patterns.

Rhyme Player is now available for $1.99 on the App Store for the iPhone and iPod touch. For more information, please visit http://www.konami.com/touch/game.html.

Post #2 · Posted at 2010-02-05 05:37:02pm 14.1 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
Any KOs on this.

Post #3 · Posted at 2010-02-05 06:07:15pm 14.1 years ago

Offline al2k4
al2k4 Avatar Admin
9,387 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-01

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6451-2397-9509
"BEMANI Sound Team"
No clue. Anyone that owns either an iPod touch or iPhone care to spend two bucks to see what's on it? Tongue

Post #4 · Posted at 2010-02-06 01:38:21am 14.1 years ago

Offline OrangeRight
OrangeRight Avatar Member
426 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-07-04

Nintendo Network ID: OrangeRightNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1170-8046-88273DS Friend Code: 1934-0734-5304Game Center Nickname: OrangeRight
"It's a rectangular cuboid!"
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

There's only 5 songs, and they're all listed in the press release. They're all the original masters, and they're uncut.

Easy mode is one button DDR, lyrics scroll up to a line, tap the button when the lyrics are over the line. Normal mode has the lyric already on the line, bunched together with the rest of the lyrics, and you have to hit the button while that lyric is being sung. It's hard to explain. Shuffle is just like Easy, but with two buttons. Ensemble is also two buttons, but it makes one side Easy and the other side Normal. One timing window, no keysounds, no failing.

The game gives you the choice to have an image of the artist in the background or a visualizer. The credits list 6 people. Tahei Katagai did the "Game", Takamitsu Kinjo did the "Art", Michael Rajna & Yutaka Takeda did the "License", Katsuyoshi Tanabe did "Produce", and Shigeru Fukutake did "Executive Produce".
http://imgur.com/iYNhpam.png
Thanks, Lord Toon! - My Simfiles *last updated 1/14/18*

Post #5 · Posted at 2010-02-06 04:11:13am 14.1 years ago

Offline finalfan2cwiz
finalfan2cwiz Avatar Member+
966 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-29

Origin: finalfan2cwizGame Center Nickname: Ddrplaya
On the website it says that there are 10 songs....?

"Choose from 10 songs like: Just Dance" from Lady Gaga, "ABC" from the Jackson 5 and "Poison" from Bell Biv DeVoe."

But then on the app store is says 5, probably just a typo but i thought i would bring that up

Post #6 · Posted at 2010-06-08 07:14:39am 13.8 years ago

Offline kp_centi
kp_centi Avatar Banned
341 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-10-09

"Mellophone"
From looking at the screenshots, it has a DJ MAX Technika feel to it. Looks like you tap the music note or lyrics when the circle closes on it.

Edit:
Bought this game today for $1.99. I think it should have been $.99. It feels like this game was barely worked on. The lyrics for Just Dance were wrong. Truth is suppose to be TRIP!, and the part after that should be OH!! REDONE. The game seems to only have 5 songs, which sucks, no unlocks. Game Levels are EASY, NORMAL, SHUFFLE, ENSEMBLE. Easy was really easy for someone who has rhythm. But all the other levels are a bit challenging for me since its song lyrics, i don't know any of these songs except Just Dance. There isn't even a tutorial just indicators saying "Watch". It's not worth really buying unless they come up with an update that makes this game 5x better. Oh and if anyone wants screenshots, i can get em. Also no score screen.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 19:17:40
This page took 0.007 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language