Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-12-22 03:39:04pm 14.3 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
So, silenttype01 encouraged me to get DDRUK's course pack and play courses from it. But none of them worked because DDRUK assumed different folder names from the categories here on ZIV, and slightly different song names in some cases too.

Thus, I wrote a program to solve the problem. Because I don't have a way to build a windows binary, I'm just providing source code and instructions on using it on *nix. These instructions are also included in a text file inside the zip.

Instructions:
Back up your courses before running this. I mean it. It will change all courses in the list passed to it. If you have courses
that are already the way you want them, seperate them from the ones you want this program to try to fix.

This program is meant to fix the courses in the DDRUK course pack to make them point to where you actually have the songs.
These instructions assume that you are using something similar to the bash shell and normal *nix findl, ls, and sed. If you
aren't, you should already know what to do instead to produce the input files needed.

Known problem: CANDY*/CANDY<3 In ZIV's simfiles, they both have a folder name of "CANDY". In the DDRUK courses, they are
named "CANDY (star)" and "CANDY (heart)". If you have the two songs named different things, add another entry to changed_names
to cover that before compiling and running this program. line 214 is the line that adds the case for covering CANDY (star).

Compiling: Requires only the C++ standard library.

g++ -W -Wall -O3 course_fixer.cc -o course_fixer

Input: The list of courses to fix must be passed in through standard input. The list must be formatted like this:

./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution 4th Plus/OFFICIAL 1.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution GB 2/KONAMI ORIGINAL.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution GB 2/GB COLLECTION.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution GB 2/SSR SELECTION.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution GB 2/FAVORITE SONG.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution GB 2/SPACE TRAVELER.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution Konamix/OFFICIAL 3.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution Konamix/OFFICIAL 1.crs
./Courses/Dance Dance Revolution Konamix/OFFICIAL 4.crs

The paths to the crs files must be relative to the directory you are running the program from.
On most *nix systems, you can generate this list with find:

find . -iregex '.*\.crs' > crs_list

The list of songs you have must be in a file named "ddr_simlist" in the directory you are running the program. The list must be
formatted like this:

DDR (AC) (JP)
BUTTERFLY
HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN MELLOW
KUNG FU FIGHTING
LET'S GET DOWN
LITTLE BITCH
MY FIRE (UKS Remix)
PARANOiA
STRICTLY BUSINESS
THAT'S THE WAY (I LIKE IT)

DDR (AC) (JP) (Beta)
MONEY

DDR 02nd Append -Club v1-
20,november
Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Append -Club v1-.png
Do you love me
Dr. LOVE
Jam Jam Reggae
LUV TO ME(disco mix)
R3
The Theme from Flo-jack
The rhyme brokers
YOU MAKE ME
been so long
celebrate
melt in my arms
ska a go go
special energy

DDR 02nd Append -Club v2-
20,November (CLUB 2P VER.)
22DUNK
22DUNK (CLUB ANOTHER VER.)
BEGINNING-OF-LIFE

As you can see, the folders of songs are separated by blank lines, and the folder name is the first in each section.
You can generate this list with ls run from the top level of your Songs folder:

ls * | sed -e 's/://' > ddr_simlist

Running: After you have those two files prepared, you can run the program.

./course_fixer < crs_list > unfixed_list.txt

While running, it will report on any song that it cannot match, or matches with a less than perfect match. Space skip matching
ignores spaces in the song names, truncate matching removes a single character from the song name and tries to match, update
matching uses a special case list of songs that have one name in the DDRUK courses and a different name in ZIV's simfiles.
I strongly recommend saving the output to a file, as the example above does. That way you know which course need some manual fixing.

DOWNLOAD LINK
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-12-22 03:43:50pm 14.3 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,023 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
This will prove to be a valuable tool for those that can run it and want to play some courses from DDR.

I believe in the chat you said that this program has a 96% success rate in updating the courses.

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-12-22 04:15:20pm 14.3 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
Yep, 96% success, and I haven't gotten around to rerunning it since I got all the early Dancing Stage files from you, so it's probably somewhat better than that. Even if it were only 90%, it'd still be a massive improvement over doing everything by hand.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-12-22 04:23:20pm 14.3 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,023 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
I'm done fixing up the ddruk courses by hand. All I have left to do is fix the courses that timespacemage uploaded and I'm done with all of the courses.

And after that, I'll be deleting the duplicates.

I don't really need two TRIP FIVE courses from EXTREME AC and EXTREME JP CS Oops
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-04-16 12:29:21
This page took 0.007 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language