Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-11-22 01:05:58am 14.4 years ago

Offline FELMDemon
FELMDemon Avatar Member
1,437 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-12-29

"o_O?"
I was going through my flash drive when this little box popped up that said nothing but the X and OK. I canceled out of it.

Now when I open my flash drive, it has 1 KB document, music, password, and 3 other folder/filet hings that are there. It gives me a message that said that "aohweofhw random thing has had an error and needs to close". I delete them and it's gone but when I open my flash drive again, it's still there.

I saw something that said veunna.exe while this was going crazy. I assume this is a problem. How do I fix it? I tried to google the thing but it gives me nothing. I was going through a wiki website when this "malicious program" window popped up that scares you like normal but paid no mind to it so could that have done it?

My computer is complete garbage anyway. It's the same computer with the clicking noise. I have another one but I'm afraid that the flash drive might move the virus/worm/piece of crap onto another computer. Annoyed

The Heavens! The Earth! And a million squirrels call to me! Huh? What...they don't?
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab54/zivrewards/ZIV%20Award%20Committee/FELMDemon.png

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-11-22 06:45:51am 14.4 years ago

Offline KKiONI
KKiONI Avatar Member
2,470 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2007-12-06

Nintendo Network ID: KKiONI3DS Friend Code: 2320-6631-1671
"BEEJAY REVEL A"
Maybe you can try scanning the USB drive for viruses. If there's no luck, back up what can't be replaced (if it's only documents, just copy and paste the text into another file). Then try formatting the drive. That SHOULD get rid of the problem.
I had a similar problem and I noticed the file only comes back when connected to the Internet.

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-11-24 12:34:13pm 14.4 years ago

Offline Poochy.EXE
Poochy.EXE Avatar Member+
235 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-09-22

Well, it's rather hard to diagnose the problem without having more details. (For example, what specific random thing had an error and needed to close? What was its name?) For that matter, it's hard to tell based on that description whether you have an infected flash drive or a virus on your computer trying to infect your flash drive.

I can give you a couple generic recommendations, though:

1. Do you have some spyware scanners installed? If not, I recommend Ad-Aware Free Edition and Spybot
2. If you don't use them already, I highly recommend Firefox with the AdBlock add-on. It's actually quite effective at blocking those malicious scripts that try to download viruses onto your computer as well, not just ads.
3. If you don't already have an anti-virus scanner, I find Avast! to be pretty good; download it and scan your whole flash drive.
4. This is just my opinion, but avoid U3 flash drives. Autorun opens up a huge can of worms. (And to add insult to injury, its whole CD-drive-emulation kludge is a major annoyance.) In short, U3 is shoddily made and becomes far more trouble than it's worth in my experience.

If you can copy down any crucial information, particularly error messages, post them here and I should be able to take a closer look at it.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/3443.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/iidxsig/3443.png

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-11-24 09:32:23pm 14.4 years ago

Offline PureBlue
PureBlue Avatar Member
2,925 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-04-08

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5116-3740-7232
"I'm your thorn."
Adding onto what Poochy said about U3:

If your drive is one that has U3 on it (most SanDisk ones do), download a U3 removal tool. You can find one here. U3 does nothing but cause problems.
http://i.imgur.com/arQKXn5.png
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 7% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 03:44:01
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language