Wahoo (Mungyodance 2)

14s
Dokudenpa
Boss on Parade (Japanese Hardcore)
Blue Army (HST)
Vertex Alpha
Holy Orders
Lawn Wake IV (insomnia)

This pack is not yet set in stone! If people can discuss it over the next few days, I might remove/add some new songs to it, but the deadline for that will be saturday so that I can get the entire pack released for practice. Yes, that pollinosis is the awesome one with a million speed changes :3

Costs and Prizes

- Entry fee is £10 per person.
- You can buy one requalifying attempt for £5 if you so wish.
- Prizes will be a percentage of the overall entry fee, split as follows.

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

The Qualifying and General Round Order.

- Qualifying will begin on Saturday morning, finishing at 12:30. The tournament will then start at 1. Before qualifying the machine will (hopefully) be on freeplay for warmups, with people switching after each song to allow everyone to adequately warmup.
- Qualifying song will be announced closer to the day/on the day, but it won't be harder than a 9 block.
- After qualifying has finished, all the players will be placed into a double elimination bracket with opposite pairing (1st vs 32nd, 2nd vs 31st, etc). The rounds will run in double elimination style until there are 4 players left (2 in the winners bracket, 2 in the losers bracket). They will be put into a round robin bracket. 1st and 2nd place in the bracket will go on to the finals, and the 3rd and 4th place finishers will have a playoff for podium positions.

Gameplay Rules

- Any chart with a block difficulty of 9 or greater may be picked at any time during the tournament.
- Each song may only be picked once. So if you pick the Hard chart to a song, you can't later pick the Expert chart.
- Songpicks are reset for the Finals and 3rd/4th place playoffs, so you can pick something you picked earlier on in the tournament.
- You can't pick the same stepchart that an opponent has already picked against you in the same match.
- You can use any mods you want as long as they don't affect the placement of the arrows, stepcount of your song, or DQ you from ranking.
- With any luck custom speed mods should be enabled and allowed for use. This will be confirmed on tuesday
- The higher seed gets first choice of either pad or song.
- All matches in the Double Elimination section of the tournament are best 2 out of 3. The 3rd song if needed will be a random pick.
- All matches in the Round Robin section of the tournament are best 3 out of 5. The 5th song if needed will be a random pick.
- The Finals and 3rd/4th place playoffs will be Match Rules, first to 2 points. The song limit will be 12, and if there is a leader at that point (someone 1-0 up), they will be declared the winner. In the event of a draw after 12 songs, random songs will be played until someone scores another point. All random songs are to be played on Expert.
- If one player fails the song, the other player wins. If both players fail the song, then the player who failed with the highest score wins.

General Rules.

- We all know pad misses happen, so we'll be keeping an eye out for them. Unless something extreme happens (for instance, an arrow gets stuck and causes you to fail a song), keep playing until the end of the song. A couple of errant pad misses can be checked, and then can be recalced, or the song can be replayed, in the event that they would have mattered. Each call will be looked at on a case by case basis, and a break may be taken to look at the pads if there are constant problems.
- Be a good sport. Don't do anything to put off your opponent, as it could cause you to forfeit the song. That means no talking during play, no shouting out if you get a miss, no dukamoking your opponent, and no other stupid things that could feasibly be said to break your opponents concentration. If you do lose, don't be a bad sport about it. Everyone is here to have a good time after all.
- Don't cause drama. We're in a public arcade, and if anyone causes any kind of a scene, or generally acts like a dick, there's a very good chance they will get kicked out by the arcade staff. They've been nice enough to let us hold this, let's respect their location please.

I'll post up a guide to getting to the arcade again at some point for those interested, and I'll probably have some more info to post up in the coming days. There's a chance that a couple of quid might have to be taken out of everyones entry fees to cover having the machine on freeplay for the entire time (remember, you get free credits outside of the tourny like last time too!), but I'll have confirmation of that when the arcade get back to me.

For accomodation over the time, I was thinking that maybe once we know who's going, we should get 4 or 5 rooms at the hotel opposite the arcade and just get everyone to split the costs? If we get around 20 people again it won't be -too- crowded, and thta way we all get to be together <3~ Failing that, I'm sure we can all sort something awesome out.

We also need to discuss what we're gonna go on the friday/saturday nights. I'm sure we can think of something better than Pizza hut Big Grin

Discuss!
Coming soon...

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-08-05 06:10:43pm 14.6 years ago

Offline al2k4
al2k4 Avatar Admin
9,387 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-01

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6451-2397-9509
"BEMANI Sound Team"
I hope that doesn't involve another walk to Scott's pub! Haha. Damn lugging that laptop around.

I should be able to come again. Smile

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-08-06 03:44:53am 14.6 years ago

Offline Wildfireskunk
Wildfireskunk Avatar Member
19 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-10-30

Scott doesn't have the pub anymore Surprised

We'll find more local sources of entertainment this time, hehe
Coming soon...

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-08-06 03:47:44am 14.6 years ago

Offline al2k4
al2k4 Avatar Admin
9,387 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-01

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6451-2397-9509
"BEMANI Sound Team"
Aww what?

Yeah I suppose we can go drunk elsewhere haha.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-29 11:29:27
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language