It's a measure...

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-06-15 11:08:15am 14.8 years ago

Offline Fallacy
Fallacy Avatar Member
28 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2009-06-14

...of how desperate I've become that I'm asking a music-sim gaming community for help on work related issues.

I'm trying to set up a cloned partition computer for a client of mine, but before that I need to back up his data and reconfigure the operating system. Well, backing up was the easy part. The problem is he's using an e-machine, and the problem with THAT is that it's a T3256. Yes! To all of you people who do this sort of thing all the time, yes! It's got an AU31 Mobo! I cannot find the drivers for this damnable thing. Even Ubuntu turns up NOTHING! XD

So, I turn to the search gurus, who seem to be able to find everything Big Grin

If you're interested, the ONE DRIVER that I REALLY need is: Realtek RTL8201BL Fast Ethernet controller

Meanwhile, I'm still searching. Please, don't just give me the first link you find that seems promising. Download the file before you show me where you got it. Chances are I've been through your links already if you haven't checked them out. btw: http://www.bioticaindia.com/download.php?file=realtek-rtl8201bl

It looks promising, but I don't want to submit my throwaway if I don't have to.

EDIT:

Found them...

Well, basic homework on E-Machine's AU31 points you out to FIC's K7M-NF18G and if you look it up in the support page you find drivers for every Mobo they make. The link for MY specific problem is here:

ftp://ftp.fic.com.tw/motherboard/driver/1stUtilities_v1.27/

Honestly, e-machines is a b****. I swear, they try to make money by changing the name of what's under the hood. Why? So that people like me and you can't find it and we end up having to call e-machines to have THEM repair it, and then pay them what they predicted to be "oodles of cash."

The legacy of E-Machines is that you don't find a SINGLE e-machine in the average household. Yeah, great marketing strategy, boys...

RE-EDIT:

Nevermind, that's bulls*** too. I'm still fighting with the e-machine, but I'll work on it another day...

AMDs are a B****!!!
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 21:54:09
This page took 0.003 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language