Offline Xavious
Xavious Avatar Member
644 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-05-28

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8177-8641-1609
Quote: Lord Toon
Quote: TimeSpaceMage
1. Pidgey cannot get Splash through breeding.
Are you kidding me? I can breed that easily...If ya give me a Day or so. I can clone any Pokemon. Piracy for the win! *closet Pokemon player here*//
He he... I'd love a Gyarados with the ability Volt Absorb.

"Jolteon used Thunderbolt!"
"Gyarados regained health!" xD

https://i.imgur.com/8CFKYvH.png
Thanks to Lord Toon for the user banner.

Post #22 · Posted at 2009-04-30 04:16:48am 14.8 years ago

Offline TimeSpaceMage
TimeSpaceMage Avatar Member
976 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-06-28

"Sarah/Autumn"
Eh, you can do that in a double battle... might as well just have an Electricrod pokemon, though.

Emerald is the "Yellow" of Ruby/Sapphire, with a slightly extended story involving all three title legendaries. FR/LG do not have a third version.

Oh and about hacked moves... way back in 2nd gen, my best friend used GameShark to turn my Chinchou into a Cyndaquil, then he evolved it so it would stay that way. I still have that Quilava with Surf and Thunderbolt Tongue

Also about Shadow Ball, what I was saying was that it's not a good move for Alakazam. Granted he doesn't have much else without the punches (though you could try out his Hidden Power; at least it's special-based). It's too bad he doesn't have access to Bite like Espeon.
Play my game Arcana Seal of Rimsala (SNES)!

Post #23 · Posted at 2009-04-30 04:26:18am 14.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
silenttype01 Avatar Member+
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
It's not a good move?

DratAnnoyed

I plan on replacing my roster as I tacked on the moves at the last second. I'll also be looking up the best moves for the pokemon I'll be picking from that site you posted in the previous page.

I just don't wanna let go of my roster team ;_; They're like family to me ;_;

Post #24 · Posted at 2009-04-30 05:25:01am 14.8 years ago

Offline musicfan32787
musicfan32787 Avatar Member
748 Posts
United States
Reg. 2009-01-19

"Google Chrome = Win."
I remember the good old days when I was interested in Pokémon. Not so much anymore, but I remember watching the movies like all the time. Tongue

If you want to change the "e" in Pokemon to é, the shortcut code for Windows is ALT+0233. If you're on a Mac, I can't help you.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/7/73/IPwnYou.JPG You just got pwned by the iPod.

Post #25 · Posted at 2009-05-02 10:58:28pm 14.8 years ago

Offline TimeSpaceMage
976 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-06-28

"Sarah/Autumn"
It's easier to use Alt+130. Tongue

Yeah, letting go can be hard at first. That's one of the first things I learned about competitive battling - no matter how much you love them, your in-game team sucks and should be left in the box once you beat the game. (Although, they did help remedy this starting in Emerald version by giving the Pomeg through Tamato berries an additional effect that lets you re-train your stats; it still won't help a Lv100 though).

I wonder if I should even get into stat experience (Effort Values) and starting-stat variation (Individual Values). There are a lot of behind-the-scenes numbers that effect (well, determine) your stats, and it can be a bit difficult to explain them. On the other hand, I think that knowledge on how the stat system works has only benefits, and will help you know what to look for when breeding.

The basic idea behind developing a pokemon competitively is:
-Decide on a stat emphasis ("EV spread") and moveset based on what role you want it to perform, and what it can do. (Example: Pikachu can't take a hit, so it's pointless to raise its defensive stats or give it moves like Rest. It should have maxed Speed and SpAtk instead so it can try to strike first with KOs and avoid getting hit.)
-Plan out what you'll need it to start with (Example: a certain nature, ability, starting stats).
-Breed/catch until you get the pokemon you want. (Note that in LG, the egg's gender/ability are set when the old man gets it, and its nature/starting stats are set when you get it. So if you're going to save-reset for an egg, make sure you save before taking it.)
-Hatch the pokemon by running/biking around.
-Raise it by "EV training" using the EV spread you planned. The pokemon you fight influence your stats, so by fighting the right pokemon you can influence your stats to your advantage. This is the part that confuses the most people, but has the biggest effect on stats.
-Once you finish EV training, you can level it fighting whatever you want without it affecting stats.

Post #26 · Posted at 2009-05-03 01:19:16am 14.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
The only part that has me a little confused is picking which pokemon to fight against. The examples given in that site were too vague for me to understand. I'll have to look through the forums to see if they have a detailed explanation.

I'm already geting used to leaving my main team in the PC. Because I decided to use the Master Ball on Mewtwo instead of Entei, I've been training pokemon to level 49 through the Elite 4.

And then I learned that he increases his chances of using roar if I use a pokemon with the Arena Trap(Diglett) or Shadow Tag(Wobuffet) ability.

Now I'm wasting more time on a pokemon that can learn Thunder Wave. I'll most likely use Pikachu. After I hit with that, I'll find a pokemon that can learn False Swipe to reduce him to 1HP.

And because I like to match, I'll either use the standard pokeball or the timer ball to catch him. I caught the legendary birds with their respective color pokeballs so I figured I might as well do the same with Entei and the others. Yes, I know it's stupid.Very Happy

Post #27 · Posted at 2009-05-04 10:56:28am 14.8 years ago

Offline TimeSpaceMage
976 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-06-28

"Sarah/Autumn"
I suggest using the Reference FAQ on GameFAQs, by Amazing Ampharos - it lists a lot of good EV training spots. Just make sure you got the Macho Brace where Geovanni was standing in his gym (stand on the spot and use the Itemfinder; same goes for Snorlax and Leftovers). Serebii's site has a lot more annoying kids than GameFAQs, so I'd suggest going there instead.

I wouldn't reduce Entei to 1 HP - if you take too much time catching him, he's going to run out of PP and use Struggle. Catching him without a Master Ball would be a pain in the ass since he can run away... you'll also want your lead to be under Lv50 so you can use Repels to find the gerbil easily. (Check the grass east of Celadon, go in/out the guard house, check the grass, repeat ad nauseum). I'd just smack him once or twice and throw balls. Oh, right! Mr. Mime has the Soundproof ability, which prevents Roar from working.

Post #28 · Posted at 2009-05-04 11:28:17am 14.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
THANK YOU!!!! That's what I really needed!!! Alright I'm off to train a Mr.Mime. I just gotta make sure that one of them has that ability. It's a good thing that I reset each time after he escapes as I didn't know that the game also saves the amount of PP he has left. I just thought that it only saves the status.

Another thing to point out is that each guide says to do the save and reset trick to make it easier to find him, but from what I see, it's a pain. I've been using Route 11 (Next to Vermillion, near the Diglett Cave entrance) to find him and I see that he rarely appears in that spot. I was also trying the patch of grass to the right of Celadon, I'll be sure to try the patch before going to Cycling Road.

It's like the game knows where you save and throws the damn dog in the opposite area of the map.Annoyed I'm glad the Suicune doesn't have the Roar ability. At least I'll be able to catch him with relative ease.

If I'm able to teach Mr.Mime Thunder Wave all the more better as the Sleep status doesn't work as well for me. I have it saved so that he sleeps for two turns and wakes up on his third turn. If the mime doesn't have Thunder Wave in his move set then I'll get a Raichu or something to use Thunder Wave.

I was looking through the Pokedex the other day, looking at the size of each pokemon. Compared to each other, the numbers seem pretty whack. Especially when you have the cartoons showing the pokemon in different heights. The pokedex says that voltorb is a foot tall and the info states that it's often mistaken as a pokeball. It's either that the characters in pokemon have really large hands or they're retarded to mistake a foot tall ball for a baseball-sized pokeball.Confused The main one that bothers me is Slowking's height. He's smaller than Jesse and James but the pokedex states that he's 6'07", the same size as Mewtwo!!!! What the hell?!

Look at me trying to add logic to pokemon of all things.Annoyed

Post #29 · Posted at 2009-05-04 11:48:57am 14.8 years ago

Offline Xavious
Xavious Avatar Member
644 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-05-28

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8177-8641-1609
Wailord's the best because he is so freaking huge and he looks so small on the Gameboy and DS screens! Even Col/XD only did it's size slight justice by actually making them look huge enough to fill the arena, but even that shouldn't be their full size. I remember fighting one trainer who used two of them in a double battle, now THAT was a slight to behold!
https://i.imgur.com/8CFKYvH.png
Thanks to Lord Toon for the user banner.

Post #30 · Posted at 2009-05-04 02:15:54pm 14.8 years ago

Offline TimeSpaceMage
976 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-06-28

"Sarah/Autumn"
The gerbils also retain any HP lost, so you'll only have to worry about them using Roar on you.

Er, don't you only have one game? The only one that shows up is the one that super-effects your starter. You only get all 3 in Colosseum and XD. Confused

Quote: silenttype01
Look at me trying to add logic to pokemon of all things.Annoyed

One I always got a kick out of was that our little hero can pull up a 173-pound Slowbro with a fishing rod. Also, Kyogre is so badass he can make it rain underwater.

Post #31 · Posted at 2009-05-05 05:14:54am 14.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
Quote: TimeSpaceMage
Er, don't you only have one game? The only one that shows up is the one that super-effects your starter. You only get all 3 in Colosseum and XD. Confused

I do have one game! I'm already planning on buying another SP with Firered and the wireless link thingamajig.

Post #32 · Posted at 2009-05-05 11:26:03pm 14.8 years ago

Offline DialBM
DialBM Avatar Member
861 Posts
Peru
Reg. 2008-06-08

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2004-6916
"Number 001"
By the way, 2 new Pokémon games will be announced, apparently, they are Pokémon Silver and Gold remakes for DS or DSi (Notice the gold and silver balls up there):

http://zonasafari.net/noticias/data/upimages/bolas-remake.jpg

They will reveal the 2 games in the japanese show Pokémon Sunday, this sunday.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/iidxsig/3008.png?t=1213977589

Post #33 · Posted at 2009-05-06 01:13:27am 14.8 years ago

Offline DBHxgiga92
DBHxgiga92 Avatar Member
1,766 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-07-11

"Revolution"
Quote: DialBM
By the way, 2 new Pokémon games will be announced, apparently, they are Pokémon Silver and Gold remakes for DS or DSi (Notice the gold and silver balls up there):

So they plan to revisit Johto, huh? It sounds about right, but what can they do besides return proper credit to Lugia and Ho-oh? Maybe Celebi becomes an active member of the "I can be caught in a game for once in my time-traveling life" club...

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2436/celebitl3.jpghttp://www.freewebs.com/pokemontrespasser/300px-Lugia_and_ho-oh.jpg
Music is always running in my mind... Everyday, songs old and new come to mind.
I wonder how a DJ Hero-esque mix of an AFRONOVA medley and Fascination MAXX would sound...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/DBHxgiga92.png
Wowzas!

Post #34 · Posted at 2009-05-06 03:20:52am 14.8 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Quote: DialBM

This is true. for the 10th birthday of Gold & Sliver. They will release a remake for the DS/DSi like they did for Fire Red & Leaf Green for the GBA.

A remake of the best Pokemon game ever? Oh I'm so buying this.Very Happy

Post #35 · Posted at 2009-05-06 03:32:46am 14.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"
and next thing you know, they'll be remaking Ruby and Sapphire, though it's most likely it won't happen as they're remaking the old games whose IV values only went up to 16.

The remakes of Gold and Silver should have better animations when battling.

A pokemon game with an ATB gauge from FFVIII would be awesome. I hate the whole taking turns thing.

Post #36 · Posted at 2009-05-06 05:52:02am 14.8 years ago

Offline chewi
chewi Avatar Member+
8,537 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-02-24

I need a Pokémon game to play through. Sad

Pokémon Red?
Pokémon Blue?
Pokémon Yellow?
Pokémon Gold?
Pokémon Silver?
Pokémon Crystal?
Pokémon Fire Red?
Pokémon Leaf Green?

Please help me choose~
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation.png?1677865262

Post #37 · Posted at 2009-05-06 05:54:18am 14.8 years ago

Offline silenttype01
8,022 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-01-19

"DINGDONG♥HEARTS"

Post #38 · Posted at 2009-05-06 05:54:51am 14.8 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Gold & Silver also has the Red/Blue map on it. So you can play the Red/Blue battles with your Gold/Sliver pokemon. Not played Fire Red or Leaf Green.

In other words, Gold or Sliver.Wink

Post #39 · Posted at 2009-05-06 06:09:58am 14.8 years ago

Offline chewi
chewi Avatar Member+
8,537 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-02-24

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to do Silver Happy
https://zenius-i-vanisher.com/simfiles/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation/Vibe%20Vibe%20Relaxation.png?1677865262

Post #40 · Posted at 2009-05-06 08:53:05am 14.8 years ago

Offline TimeSpaceMage
976 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-06-28

"Sarah/Autumn"
Gah, too late to make a suggestion! I was going to say Emerald version, in case that wasn't obvious.

Oh and just to nitpick, IVs used to go up to 15. There were 16 different values, just the first one was 0. Also, there was no HP or SpDef IV, and the IV inheritance made it so parents couldn't breed with their kids. (Yay for incest?)

Pandy: FR/LG are basically blasts-from-the-past, with the new stats/battle engine, new gadgets (Vs Seeker for rematching trainers at higher levels, NationalDex mode for support of the 386 available in 3rd gen), plus 7 islands with Kanto/Johto pokemon on them and an extended story. You could even rematch Gym leaders and the Elite 4, at higher levels and new teams.

Well if they do remake GS, I really hope they can flesh out Kanto this time (or provide more places to go, like the dead-horse Orange Islands). I really didn't like how most of the Kanto towns had nothing to do - the museum and Safari Zone were closed, there was nothing in Lavender or Cinnabar... sure the fanservice gesture was great, but the only things around were the free haircuts (much lulz @ giving Mew a haircut) and the Trainer House for EXP.
Register Log In Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 06:15:29
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language