Final Fantasy - What went wrong?

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-04-26 08:01:47am 14.9 years ago

Offline Pit
Pit Avatar Banned
443 帖子
Not Set
Reg. 2008-08-07

(Can someone move this to the General Discussion?)
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a thread about what went wrong on Final Fantasies.
Now tell me if I'm wrong but......

FF1 and 2 (8 Bit) - The Equipment stores won't say anything about who needs what.
FF3 (Any) - Who would know where Cid's at in the Beginning?
FF4 (DS) and FF5 (Any) - I never beaten 1 Boss in 1 Try!!!!Evil
FF6 - Nothing.
FF7 - Nothing.
FF8 - You have to Draw magic from Monsters until you can Kick ass
FF9 - That dungeon on Disc3 when you have to blow all of those candles and if you Skip the Middle Shelf, you are Srewed! (at least let the players retry it!)
FF10 - If you're a Beginner, the 1st Seymor Battle is Harder than a Sack of Rocks.
FF10-2 - Nothing.
FF11 - Nothing.
FF12 - It's so OVERRATED and the problem is the "Over Rated" game isn't that good to be that high of a Rate!!
FF13 - Never Released yet.

Once again, tell me if I'm wrong.

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-04-26 10:35:20am 14.9 years ago

Offline Air12567
Air12567 Avatar Member
642 帖子
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-05-27

it's the same with all games really, DDR went wrong after DDR Extreme 2 ... Crash bandicoot went wrong when they started releasing on the ps2~ Spyro the same~
https://i.imgur.com/0F5fGec.png

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-04-26 10:41:33am 14.9 years ago

Offline Beatrix
Beatrix Avatar Banned
277 帖子
United States
Reg. 2009-04-26

I think its all the same too.

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-04-26 10:49:28am 14.9 years ago

Offline CoreyBlaze
CoreyBlaze Avatar Member
452 帖子
Puerto Rico
Reg. 2006-10-23

The Square-Enix merging was the worst thing that could ever happen to the FF franchise and every other good Squaresoft franchise. Also, Nobuo Uematsu (music) and several other people from the original team left S-E to form Mistwalker. The gaming industry has changed way too much during the last few years, it's a far cry from the glorious 90s era.

Post #5 · Posted at 2009-04-26 11:20:14am 14.9 years ago

Offline Bolt-Edge
Bolt-Edge Avatar Member
2,361 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-06-03

"No."
ff7 is pretty garbage and so completely overrated
A̷̴̷͎̣̪̯̰̺͕͕̦͙̙̥͚̤͔̺̰ͭ̃ͯ͆̋ͨͧͩ̏̓̓ͨͤͨ̈ͫ͗̎͢ͅw̷̳̯̠̥ͦ̇̽̀̀ͩͯ͆̈̎̾͛̏͒͑ͩ̑͑͡ͅa̵̯̤̗͈̞̱͎͔͕͖͈̤͎͓͍̝͈̍͌̆ͨͤ̏͆͛̕͢ͅk̸̢͇̫̳̖̥̣̜̤̟̫͓̝̙̰̮ͪ͗̔ͣͧͩ͊̅̒̏̆͜ͅȩ̵̴̻̻͈͇̣͎͈͈͖̮̪͎̻͉̀ͣͭ̔ͮͭ̈́̎͑̽͌ͯͮ̑̉͑̀͘͞n̙͚̫͈̻̰͓͂͆ͣ̉ͬͯͩ͌ͤ̎͗̂̅͊̎ͥ̒́͢͟͠ͅ ̡̄̇̐̏ͦ͑̋͒̍̀ͯ̍̆͌̄̚҉̵͏̣͕̺͈̤̣̱͉̥̗̲̙̟̩̗̪̳̦̹m̵̵̖̭̺̰̭̣ͧ̑̌̔ͩ͡y͋̇̃̎̚͜҉̠͚̺̣̯̟͖̙͉̘̞̥͙̼̯͉̬ͅ ̶̸̬̝̥̦̫̦͓̗͚̈́̆͊̉ͤͤ̿͡C̷̛̣̳͕͔̳̤̬̻̩͍̝͙̹̏̿̔͊ͪ̓̂̎͝ͅḩ̷̤͈͙̫̾ͤ̌ͩ̽͌͑̾ͩ̓̄͢ȋ̵̧̙̲̪̱͓͉̟̾ͬ̊̅ͧ͆̀͟͜l̢͕͚̺̰̘̠̜̼̪̥͔̪̤̫͇̟̏̇̆͛͌ͥͪ̐͋ͨ̈̾͐̑̏͘͘͟d̢̨̙̩̣̞̫̞̖͕͎̄ͦ͂ͪͭ͛̔̿͋̄̔̐̒ͥ̚̕͟͜ ̶̨͓̯̫̹͉͚̬͕̙̦̰͗͌̽ͪ͡ͅͅAͩͤ̍̔ͦ͋͑ͫ̐̓̿̈́ͬͨͭ͏̸͕͈̥̮͇͖̼̝̺̤̩͙̲̙̭̖͡͠ͅn̢̟͔̰̬̦̹͑͑̌͒͑̉́́ḑ̶̵̨̮̘̩̗̘̪̮̬̤̙͖̺̭̖͖͍͈͓̯͑͒̐̍͛ͧ̊̔ͫ̇͟ ̣̻͉͙̯̺̔͋ͣ̾ͤ̌̿̕̕͜ͅȩ̎ͤ̌́ͣ̇̃͋ͨ̀ͩͦ̔̎̿͟͏̡̯̞͎̳͈̘̺͍̯̳̥̳͡m̵̶̨͎̘̗̩̗̩̠̦̮̼͈͖̹̼͇͆̅ͤ̈́̊̊̏ͪ̾̂ͅb̧̧̨͚̞̯̤̻ͥͩ͐̉̾́r̨͚͎̜͓̲̥̤̜̤͙̫ͨͤ̆͋͒̑ͧͯ̎̚͘͜ͅa̴̋̽ͦͨͤ͑ͮ́̚͜͏̯̪̰̞̩͙̳͈̖͎̘̞͇̥͇̫c̴̢̣̝͖̭̬̫̻̩̆̉͂̓ͯ̔̽͑̌͊̌ͦ́͢ę̦͚̜̟̻͕̻̖̰̱̞̱̹̣̪̭̙ͦ̆ͦ͗̾̂ͪ͑̋̎̎̃̄ͬ͗͗̋̀ ̝̯̹̻̩͚̱͚̽̈́͂ͭͮͤ͘t̥͎̫̘̫̫̰͈͔̔̓̅̇̌̑̈́̒ͯ͌͐̎̀̅͑̆́ͅh̡̆̍ͬ̿̈́͊̄̌̃́̄͑̅̏ͤ͏̬̙̦͉̭͈̝͎̩̦͎̮̬̀ę̸̞̼̲̫̯̪͈̉͑͒̏ͭ͊̀̿̚ ̶̨̨̛̣͓̻̰̭̰̮͎̲̦̲͐̑̒ͥͯ̈͌̌̆͛g̛͉̫̼̙̩̤̦̣̖̙̹̮̳̾̿͌̐ͥ̈ͩͫ̚̕͜͡͠lͫ͆̄͋ͥ̂͛̀̚͏̸͕̦̥̗̦̻͇̜͎̹͎̺ͅơ̸̶̢͍͔͖̞͙͚̺̹̩͙̹͉͔ͣ̔ͤ̐ͧ̈̇̂̍ͯ̚ͅr̸̸̛̰̺̩͍̼̪͚̟̱͔̯̈͒̊̀ͭͦ͘y̧ͯ͛͋ͣ̐͆̉̅ͤ͐̂̓͊̕͏̵̪̪̦̩̼̣͔̦̪͎̗͔̮̻̞͖̕ ̡͉̺̲̘̖̲͚̭̲̜̦̞̪̗̤̹̱̲͚̇̽ͯͤ͜ṯ̹̲̖̦̝̮̲͓̲͉̘͛̓̆̽̇̓̈́̄ͧͨ̋͗͘͞͞ḩ̛̜̺̞̼͙̫͍̭̟̯̳̱̻͖͚͊͋̉ͥ̉ͤ̇ͨ̄̉ͨ̏̃̂ͅͅa̢̞̞̗͔̥̟͉̝̺̼̺̮̓̈ͥͪ͗ͧͭ̓́̀͘ͅt̛̥͉̘̣̳́̔͗͛ͦ̆̾͆͂̋ͧ̈ͥ̋̉͝ ̻̲͔͍̪͚̠̠̣̳̟̱̲̤̥͎͓̲̐̑̾͗̄̉̆̊ͤ̇͌̒ͦͥ̚̚͡͠i̴̛̩͓͖̹̥̹̣̥̼̼̮̠͋̅̆̐̎ͫ̒͊ͦ̏̐͌̈͂̐͌̿̚͞ş̜̗̩͖̻̺͉̜̝̯̟̺̰̭̥̟͖̳̈́̆̋̂ͣ̚͟ͅ ̥͔͔͖̰̙̰̬͕̲̞͓̤̎ͭ̌̎ͩͧͤ͗ͮͯ̾̔̑̈̂͘y͑͒̌ͬ̽̌ͧ͗̄̎͟͏͕̰̫̫͈͚̤̫̙o͆͗̓͐͒̏̀̿ͫ̾̑̈́̓ͧ̚̚҉̷̟̼̮̺̠͕͈͔̣̮̬̥̣͙͙̲̖̹͕͢͡͠u̠̳̱̩͚̩̮̖̩̝̗̫͖̞̲͕̞ͥ̎͑͗ͥ̍ͩͫͤ͑̔̎͑̒ͦ̒́͜͡r̢͈̝͔͎̤̝̻̝͉̻̻͉̰ͬ̍́ͤ͆͑ͩͦ̋ͮ̋̓̅ͬͫ̃̕ ̸̵̶̶̣͍̭̞̪̫͕̞̬̞̙̭̦͚̗͚̏͛̑̎̐͊͛̒̃ͭ̄̄ͬͩ͡b̶̴͎̳̰̫̞͔̰̰̺͉̻̮̲̪̜̏̽͋̓̐͌̋ͬ̊̽͋͋̈̀̓̀̆͜͢͞ͅi̛ͦ̒ͥ̕͜͞҉͓͖̲r̟̺̗̤̘̟̋ͦͪ̾̿͒̇̒̋ͩ̅͒ͮͫ̑͘͠ť̷̴̉̽ͫͩ̏͊ͬ͂͑̅ͥ͐́̅͗҉͏̣͉̦̜͢ͅh̵͎͙̲̰̳̯͖̄̿̉͑̎̾̎͑͗̍͑̾̐͊́ ̫̻͕̳̤͓͔̞̯̈́͌̇̅ͮ̒͛ͣ̀͝r̴̸͈͔͉̤̻̘̱̹̹̺̻͚̙͖͆̐͐ͯͩ͊ͭ̾̌̃̑ͯ̇͠i͎͔̥̬̜̝̝͚̤̪̖͈̙̞ͭͪ̿ͧ͗̀ġ̞̲̮̣̼͍̹̞͔͇̘ͬ̏͛̆ͪ̒̆́̕h̾ͣͤ̃̔ͬ͊̐ͬ̃̋̓ͦ̓͋͌͗̿͏̢̦͔̰̤͍̻̭̬̺̬̥̹͔͍͎ͅṯ̶̢̛̭̻̹͎̝̘̳̞̫̣̝̑̌̊̊͆̒͆̀͘͞

Post #6 · Posted at 2009-04-26 11:21:31am 14.9 years ago

Offline Beatrix
Beatrix Avatar Banned
277 帖子
United States
Reg. 2009-04-26

FF6 Is a good game. It takes too long to learn Magic though.

Post #7 · Posted at 2009-04-26 11:34:04am 14.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
...i stopped playing after 10, i tried 12 and it just...

...sucked Neutral

Post #8 · Posted at 2009-04-26 11:34:59am 14.9 years ago

Offline Beatrix
Beatrix Avatar Banned
277 帖子
United States
Reg. 2009-04-26

I know right, FF12 is poorly overrated like Pit said.

Post #9 · Posted at 2009-04-26 11:50:44am 14.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

Nintendo Network ID: maxninja1143DS Friend Code: 392661848995Game Center Nickname: maxninja114
"Charlie isn't real"
Yea, there was so much hype about it and when i finall was able to play it, at first i was all "OOHHH SNAP!" but after playing 3 hours of it going through the BEGINNING hunts, i just got bored of it and switched it to Super Smash Brothers Brawl (i was at my friend's house at the time, he has the game plus a Wii).

Post #10 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:14:22pm 14.9 years ago

Offline DMAxel
DMAxel Avatar Member
2,823 帖子
Chile
Reg. 2007-10-01

Quote: CoreyBlaze
The Square-Enix merging was the worst thing that could ever happen to the FF franchise and every other good Squaresoft franchise. Also, Nobuo Uematsu (music) and several other people from the original team left S-E to form Mistwalker. The gaming industry has changed way too much during the last few years, it's a far cry from the glorious 90s era.
This.

Also, FF7 is overrated. Nothing against that game, but spamming a lot of spin-offs of that game ends tiring (at least to me).

Post #11 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:23:30pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Beatrix
Beatrix Avatar Banned
277 帖子
United States
Reg. 2009-04-26

To me, FF7 is a Great Game for a 1997 game.

Post #12 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:25:56pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Max
Max Avatar Member+
8,111 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-02-05

"Charlie isn't real"
FF7 was pretty good, but i think FF8 was the best

Post #13 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:29:24pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 帖子
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Quote: DMAxel
Also, FF7 is overrated. Nothing against that game, but spamming a lot of spin-offs of that game ends tiring (at least to me).
WINNER!!!!!Surprised

I remember FF1 on the NES, I think it was the very 1st game I've ever seen or played. That Prelude will always hold a place in my heart. Oh good times.Blushing

FF7 is over ratted. and Square, FF7 + spin off does not = great.Roll Eyes
It's easier to memorize a computer user book then playing FF8. Dead
FF9 was really good
Not played 10, X2, or 11
12 I wouldn’t even count as a Final Fantasy. It just fells... wrong.

FF is coming to VC all you Wii fans out there.Smile

Post #14 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:30:50pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Bolt-Edge
Bolt-Edge Avatar Member
2,361 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-06-03

"No."
FF8 had triple triad though.
A̷̴̷͎̣̪̯̰̺͕͕̦͙̙̥͚̤͔̺̰ͭ̃ͯ͆̋ͨͧͩ̏̓̓ͨͤͨ̈ͫ͗̎͢ͅw̷̳̯̠̥ͦ̇̽̀̀ͩͯ͆̈̎̾͛̏͒͑ͩ̑͑͡ͅa̵̯̤̗͈̞̱͎͔͕͖͈̤͎͓͍̝͈̍͌̆ͨͤ̏͆͛̕͢ͅk̸̢͇̫̳̖̥̣̜̤̟̫͓̝̙̰̮ͪ͗̔ͣͧͩ͊̅̒̏̆͜ͅȩ̵̴̻̻͈͇̣͎͈͈͖̮̪͎̻͉̀ͣͭ̔ͮͭ̈́̎͑̽͌ͯͮ̑̉͑̀͘͞n̙͚̫͈̻̰͓͂͆ͣ̉ͬͯͩ͌ͤ̎͗̂̅͊̎ͥ̒́͢͟͠ͅ ̡̄̇̐̏ͦ͑̋͒̍̀ͯ̍̆͌̄̚҉̵͏̣͕̺͈̤̣̱͉̥̗̲̙̟̩̗̪̳̦̹m̵̵̖̭̺̰̭̣ͧ̑̌̔ͩ͡y͋̇̃̎̚͜҉̠͚̺̣̯̟͖̙͉̘̞̥͙̼̯͉̬ͅ ̶̸̬̝̥̦̫̦͓̗͚̈́̆͊̉ͤͤ̿͡C̷̛̣̳͕͔̳̤̬̻̩͍̝͙̹̏̿̔͊ͪ̓̂̎͝ͅḩ̷̤͈͙̫̾ͤ̌ͩ̽͌͑̾ͩ̓̄͢ȋ̵̧̙̲̪̱͓͉̟̾ͬ̊̅ͧ͆̀͟͜l̢͕͚̺̰̘̠̜̼̪̥͔̪̤̫͇̟̏̇̆͛͌ͥͪ̐͋ͨ̈̾͐̑̏͘͘͟d̢̨̙̩̣̞̫̞̖͕͎̄ͦ͂ͪͭ͛̔̿͋̄̔̐̒ͥ̚̕͟͜ ̶̨͓̯̫̹͉͚̬͕̙̦̰͗͌̽ͪ͡ͅͅAͩͤ̍̔ͦ͋͑ͫ̐̓̿̈́ͬͨͭ͏̸͕͈̥̮͇͖̼̝̺̤̩͙̲̙̭̖͡͠ͅn̢̟͔̰̬̦̹͑͑̌͒͑̉́́ḑ̶̵̨̮̘̩̗̘̪̮̬̤̙͖̺̭̖͖͍͈͓̯͑͒̐̍͛ͧ̊̔ͫ̇͟ ̣̻͉͙̯̺̔͋ͣ̾ͤ̌̿̕̕͜ͅȩ̎ͤ̌́ͣ̇̃͋ͨ̀ͩͦ̔̎̿͟͏̡̯̞͎̳͈̘̺͍̯̳̥̳͡m̵̶̨͎̘̗̩̗̩̠̦̮̼͈͖̹̼͇͆̅ͤ̈́̊̊̏ͪ̾̂ͅb̧̧̨͚̞̯̤̻ͥͩ͐̉̾́r̨͚͎̜͓̲̥̤̜̤͙̫ͨͤ̆͋͒̑ͧͯ̎̚͘͜ͅa̴̋̽ͦͨͤ͑ͮ́̚͜͏̯̪̰̞̩͙̳͈̖͎̘̞͇̥͇̫c̴̢̣̝͖̭̬̫̻̩̆̉͂̓ͯ̔̽͑̌͊̌ͦ́͢ę̦͚̜̟̻͕̻̖̰̱̞̱̹̣̪̭̙ͦ̆ͦ͗̾̂ͪ͑̋̎̎̃̄ͬ͗͗̋̀ ̝̯̹̻̩͚̱͚̽̈́͂ͭͮͤ͘t̥͎̫̘̫̫̰͈͔̔̓̅̇̌̑̈́̒ͯ͌͐̎̀̅͑̆́ͅh̡̆̍ͬ̿̈́͊̄̌̃́̄͑̅̏ͤ͏̬̙̦͉̭͈̝͎̩̦͎̮̬̀ę̸̞̼̲̫̯̪͈̉͑͒̏ͭ͊̀̿̚ ̶̨̨̛̣͓̻̰̭̰̮͎̲̦̲͐̑̒ͥͯ̈͌̌̆͛g̛͉̫̼̙̩̤̦̣̖̙̹̮̳̾̿͌̐ͥ̈ͩͫ̚̕͜͡͠lͫ͆̄͋ͥ̂͛̀̚͏̸͕̦̥̗̦̻͇̜͎̹͎̺ͅơ̸̶̢͍͔͖̞͙͚̺̹̩͙̹͉͔ͣ̔ͤ̐ͧ̈̇̂̍ͯ̚ͅr̸̸̛̰̺̩͍̼̪͚̟̱͔̯̈͒̊̀ͭͦ͘y̧ͯ͛͋ͣ̐͆̉̅ͤ͐̂̓͊̕͏̵̪̪̦̩̼̣͔̦̪͎̗͔̮̻̞͖̕ ̡͉̺̲̘̖̲͚̭̲̜̦̞̪̗̤̹̱̲͚̇̽ͯͤ͜ṯ̹̲̖̦̝̮̲͓̲͉̘͛̓̆̽̇̓̈́̄ͧͨ̋͗͘͞͞ḩ̛̜̺̞̼͙̫͍̭̟̯̳̱̻͖͚͊͋̉ͥ̉ͤ̇ͨ̄̉ͨ̏̃̂ͅͅa̢̞̞̗͔̥̟͉̝̺̼̺̮̓̈ͥͪ͗ͧͭ̓́̀͘ͅt̛̥͉̘̣̳́̔͗͛ͦ̆̾͆͂̋ͧ̈ͥ̋̉͝ ̻̲͔͍̪͚̠̠̣̳̟̱̲̤̥͎͓̲̐̑̾͗̄̉̆̊ͤ̇͌̒ͦͥ̚̚͡͠i̴̛̩͓͖̹̥̹̣̥̼̼̮̠͋̅̆̐̎ͫ̒͊ͦ̏̐͌̈͂̐͌̿̚͞ş̜̗̩͖̻̺͉̜̝̯̟̺̰̭̥̟͖̳̈́̆̋̂ͣ̚͟ͅ ̥͔͔͖̰̙̰̬͕̲̞͓̤̎ͭ̌̎ͩͧͤ͗ͮͯ̾̔̑̈̂͘y͑͒̌ͬ̽̌ͧ͗̄̎͟͏͕̰̫̫͈͚̤̫̙o͆͗̓͐͒̏̀̿ͫ̾̑̈́̓ͧ̚̚҉̷̟̼̮̺̠͕͈͔̣̮̬̥̣͙͙̲̖̹͕͢͡͠u̠̳̱̩͚̩̮̖̩̝̗̫͖̞̲͕̞ͥ̎͑͗ͥ̍ͩͫͤ͑̔̎͑̒ͦ̒́͜͡r̢͈̝͔͎̤̝̻̝͉̻̻͉̰ͬ̍́ͤ͆͑ͩͦ̋ͮ̋̓̅ͬͫ̃̕ ̸̵̶̶̣͍̭̞̪̫͕̞̬̞̙̭̦͚̗͚̏͛̑̎̐͊͛̒̃ͭ̄̄ͬͩ͡b̶̴͎̳̰̫̞͔̰̰̺͉̻̮̲̪̜̏̽͋̓̐͌̋ͬ̊̽͋͋̈̀̓̀̆͜͢͞ͅi̛ͦ̒ͥ̕͜͞҉͓͖̲r̟̺̗̤̘̟̋ͦͪ̾̿͒̇̒̋ͩ̅͒ͮͫ̑͘͠ť̷̴̉̽ͫͩ̏͊ͬ͂͑̅ͥ͐́̅͗҉͏̣͉̦̜͢ͅh̵͎͙̲̰̳̯͖̄̿̉͑̎̾̎͑͗̍͑̾̐͊́ ̫̻͕̳̤͓͔̞̯̈́͌̇̅ͮ̒͛ͣ̀͝r̴̸͈͔͉̤̻̘̱̹̹̺̻͚̙͖͆̐͐ͯͩ͊ͭ̾̌̃̑ͯ̇͠i͎͔̥̬̜̝̝͚̤̪̖͈̙̞ͭͪ̿ͧ͗̀ġ̞̲̮̣̼͍̹̞͔͇̘ͬ̏͛̆ͪ̒̆́̕h̾ͣͤ̃̔ͬ͊̐ͬ̃̋̓ͦ̓͋͌͗̿͏̢̦͔̰̤͍̻̭̬̺̬̥̹͔͍͎ͅṯ̶̢̛̭̻̹͎̝̘̳̞̫̣̝̑̌̊̊͆̒͆̀͘͞

Post #15 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:38:57pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 帖子
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
FF7 - Horrible English translations, which sucks because the story is amazing. I also don't like the fact that they kill off a character halfway through the game, thus losing all the stats she had. At least in FF5 all of the dead character's strengths got gained by his cousin or whatever.
FF8 - Junction system is interesting, but makes it so incredibly easy to build a nearly unstoppable party once you learn the ins and outs. I didn't like how monsters were along the same levels you were.
FFX - When you first get Rikku permanently she is weak as SHIT. You're nearly halfway through the game and she has like...what...320 MAX HP or something?
FFX2 - I really liked this game's battle system, but HELLO FANSERVICE.
FFXII: I do not like the battle system at all.
FFXIII: This looks promising.

Post #16 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:40:55pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Bolt-Edge
Bolt-Edge Avatar Member
2,361 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-06-03

"No."
You forgot about triple triad.

Post #17 · Posted at 2009-04-26 12:53:42pm 14.9 years ago

Offline Exor
Exor Avatar Member
3,646 帖子
United States
Reg. 2008-05-29

3DS Friend Code: 2723-9332-1016
"^ featured on Law & Order"
Quote: piepiepie75
FF7 - Horrible English translations, which sucks because the story is amazing. I also don't like the fact that they kill off a character halfway through the game, thus losing all the stats she had. At least in FF5 all of the dead character's strengths got gained by his cousin or whatever.
FF8 - Junction system is interesting, but makes it so incredibly easy to build a nearly unstoppable party once you learn the ins and outs. I didn't like how monsters were along the same levels you were.
Agreed on both counts. FF8 annoyed me to no end because of the monsters being at or near the same levels as you, which basically made leveling up useless. FF2 had that weird level-up system, where the more damage you take, the more your defense or max HP went up.

BTW, the characters in question from FF5 are Galuf and his granddaughter, Krile.

Post #18 · Posted at 2009-04-26 04:28:08pm 14.9 years ago

Offline TsukiyoX
TsukiyoX Avatar Member
411 帖子
United States
Reg. 2009-02-15

FF11 - The fact that it's online. They could of put in a good story but wasted a game. At least for the sake of having as much FFs as possible because this is not DDR where they make a mix every year...

Post #19 · Posted at 2009-04-26 05:08:36pm 14.9 years ago

Offline T-Dog!
T-Dog! Avatar Banned
27 帖子
Not Set
Reg. 2008-08-15

at least in final fantasy 8, even though the monsters leveled up with you to an extent, depending on which dungeon/area you are in, the levels of the monsters are capped (not every monster can reach lvl 100 even though you can, for instance, all the forms of ultemeica do not exceed lvl 60 or 70, or something like that)

the junction system, although annoying at first, at least adds to the strategy of the game (an it could have been worse...the way one gains skills/powers in ff2j sucked ass)

ff7 was an awesome game in its own right when it came out like 11/12 years ago. sure, all the spin offs of the ff games might not be all that great, but all the games in the series (except for 2 cause i hated the leveling system, and ff11 cause i never played it, so i have no comment) were freakin' awesome. i always look forward to the next ff game.

Post #20 · Posted at 2009-04-26 08:04:21pm 14.9 years ago

Offline PanStyle
PanStyle Avatar Member
1,054 帖子
France
Reg. 2007-07-05

Quote: piepiepie75
FF7 - Horrible English translations, which sucks because the story is amazing. I also don't like the fact that they kill off a character halfway through the game, thus losing all the stats she had. [...]
Ahah you can't imagine how the french translation is... :s
(japanease -> english translation -> french translation ?)
Anyway, it's my favorite Final Fantasy. The materia system is just the best battle system that i ever seen. You can do so much things, that's so great, i love it.
The things that they kill a character just make the game better. If nobody spoiled you, you are very surprised, and sad. I almost cry at this point of the game.

The second best FF, for me is the 6 Smile The story is amazing. The graphics are awesome for a snes. There is always some musics that i love in each Final Fantasy, but in this one there is too mush songs that i love. The musics are just... whoa. O_o
The first time i played it, was when he release it on the PS1. Right now, i'm playing the GBA version (on a emulator on my psp) and i really enjoy to play at this wonderfull game again.
If you hadn't play FF 6, try it now. You didn't know what you are missing...

FF8 : Yeah, you didn't have to leveling up. Cause if you steal magic well, leveling is almost useless. Triple triad was great Smile

FF9 : I didn't like the fighting system. You can't do "freestyle" like FF7 for exemple. (i mean, your character can just learn their job. Nothing else. I like when i have some liberty for customise skills or stats.). The graphics was pretty good for a ps1.

FF10 : I like the fact that you have a lots of challenges in this game (dark aeons and all) which make the game interesting if you are a player who like challenges (like me).

FF10-X : I played it, i finished it (not at 100%), i didn't liked it. I didn't like the musics. We have only 3 characters. The story wasn't really good, even there is some good point. I like the fact that the fight are more speed/active in this one. (one characters can do magic while someone else is kicking ass at the same time with is sword).

FF 12 : I played it 3/4 hours. So it's not enough to say "it's bad/good".
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/PanStyle.png http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1336.png?t=1284597568
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 19:33:40
This page took 0.017 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: chinesetraditional
Reset Theme & Language