Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-02-26 07:45:55am 15 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
Wow, and I thought Paranoia X-Special doubles and Ubertreffen doubles had ridiculous turns.
Renaissance Challenge doubles.
I was just looking through to decide which (if any) doubles 11s I should attempt soon. Looks like none.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-02-26 08:26:20am 15 years ago

Offline Axel
Axel Avatar Member
77 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-09-19

If you think ITG has ridiculous then check out some of the r21freak's charts. Like Ike Pie's Valenti. One of the best double charts I've played up to date, and probably forever. Remember to check out the IIDX charts from r21 Twins; Max Love, Dazzlin' Darlin' and Water Cube while you're at it.
If you're looking for 11s from ITG 1 and 2 to play I'd go for Kagami, it has some 16ths crossovers, but the rest is just 8th runs. Bloodrush and Hip Hop Jam are fun once you have learned them, try them out. Same goes for Disco Disco, which is really fun to do "the real way", but if you want to you could cheat almost every hand through out the song.
Most of the ITG 11s are full of hands, so if you're good at them try them out, Tribal Style and Liquid Moon are fun. With some backward hands i.e. U1U2 -> D1D2. The rest of the 11s are just plain boring, for example, Wanna Do.

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-02-26 08:45:05am 15 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

I've actually done Disco Disco, the real way, and counted it as one of my doubles 10s. I've tried a few easier doubles charts off of r21 freak, though not the ones you mentioned.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-02-26 08:45:18am 15 years ago

Offline Kynayo
Kynayo Avatar Member
2,756 Posts
Canada
Reg. 2008-01-28

"キナヨ"
Quote: Kyzentun
Wow, and I thought Paranoia X-Special doubles and Ubertreffen doubles had ridiculous turns.
Renaissance Challenge doubles.
I was just looking through to decide which (if any) doubles 11s I should attempt soon. Looks like none.

I know it's a 12, and not a 11, but I wanna see you try Une Bande! Laughing Hard
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/2437_2.png?t=1243791500

Post #5 · Posted at 2009-02-26 09:05:13am 15 years ago

Offline Axel
Axel Avatar Member
77 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2008-09-19

Quote: Kyzentun
I've actually done Disco Disco, the real way, and counted it as one of my doubles 10s. I've tried a few easier doubles charts off of r21 freak, though not the ones you mentioned.
So I see that you're playing w/o the bar, that's nice. Good job on Disco, it's tough! About the 16ths, really, you should try some charts with more of them all in all and learn how to take them (I'm pretty sure you know how to take 16ths, and those in Disco aren't the easiest ones).
I've played nobar single/double since my day one, around the time when DS Party Edition, and then went to arcades when EuroMix 2 came. When ITG2 came I started to play both with and without the bar, both single and double play. It really helps going with bar sometimes, to learn patterns while playing, and learning quicker runs or streams, before trying them out without the bar. I've learned from experience ;)
You should really try some of the harder ITG charts, and when you're saying that Disco Disoc is your first 10 it sounds as if you haven't played the other 10s, because some of the others are really easy compared to DD.
It looks like you're one of those more technically good players and not one of the ones that plays for speed and clearing higher blocks.
Keep going with nobar its awesome, but when it comes to ITG, it's not really ment to be played nobar, in my point of view atleast. Some patterns are more or less impossible while doing it nobar. Shortly I'd say play DDR nobar, and ITG with bar, but that would probably just start a war by mentioning it.

Post #6 · Posted at 2009-06-19 12:38:18pm 14.7 years ago

Offline BOOM!
BOOM! Avatar Member
19 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-20

Agreed, ITG was made by bar players for bar players. It's nigh impossible to do some of the charts without it.

*ahem* on topic. For an 11, Robotix doubles isn't that bad. At least you don't have to contend with the speed-up in the middle like in singles expert, and the cross-pad stuff isn't TOO terrible. (Dragostea Din Tei, I'm looking at you.) Stay away from Tribal Style doubles, though, unless you like ludicrous hands.
If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Post #7 · Posted at 2009-06-26 05:18:35am 14.7 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

Quote: BOOM!
Stay away from Tribal Style doubles, though, unless you like ludicrous hands.
lololol
Seriously, the hands are dirt simple, and really the easiest part of the song.
The hands in Esperanza D-Challenge are easy too.
Ludicrous hands are stuff like Disconnected Disco (which I can't pass anymore, let my flexibility slide). Tribal Style is just a bit of spice, really easy.

Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 6% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-03-19 07:57:09
This page took 0.008 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language