DJ Dao ASC and drumsite

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-01-24 09:07:54pm 15.1 years ago

Offline stsung
stsung Avatar Member
127 Posts
Czech Republic
Reg. 2008-09-29

well, I bought DM ASC few months ago and I wondered if I could use it as an electronic drum set. Two days ago I finally decided to try it (as I was bored as hell that day.)

I found Drumsite a program that is used to create percussion tracks. The good thing is that there are keys assigned to the drums...and well you get the idea I guess. (joy2key + drumsite = elec. drum set)

Well a good thing about DJ Dao controller is this. You can play Drummania and still have the controller connected to the PC on which you run drumsite+joy2key. Personally, being able to hear the drums louder than the keysounds in the game helped me a lot to grasp some of the rhythms and it as well shows how much I suck at the gameHappy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4GeJN6Guw4

I'm probably not the first person who did this, but I decided to share this information. On other forums many people were saying that they will buy DTXeplorer instead DM ASC because they can use it as a real drum set (even though those people wanted it just to play the game.) I bought the controller as I probably won't be able to play drums in my real life. But I was already decided to find a way how to use it as elec. drum set.
--------------
um is there anyone who actually uses real drum set for DM? do you actually hear the sound of the drums (from the drums) or you hear the keysounds from the game? (or both?)

I realized that hearing me mess something up pretty clearly makes me stop playing for a while and starting again. (and thus I try as best as I can...not just "pass the song")

anyone has experience with such things?

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-02-05 08:00:19am 15.1 years ago

Offline Chi
Chi Avatar Member
290 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-02-05

Quote: stsung
um is there anyone who actually uses real drum set for DM? do you actually hear the sound of the drums (from the drums) or you hear the keysounds from the game? (or both?)

Depends what you mean by "real" drumkit. If a digital drumkit counts (as opposed to an analogue drumkit with pad pickups - this exists too), then the answer for me is yes: I use a DTXtreme IIs drumkit to play Drummania (It's an excellent - albeit extremely expensive kit - 've previously owned a DTXpress IIISP (very good), and an iON USB drumkit (mickey mouse, plus doesn't work with the PS2 version)). I'm also intending to cable up my PC to a DDR machine (and the drumkit) to play V4 through that... :p

In answer to your questions: I do hear the sound of hitting the drums (the pads are rubber-based) as well as the keysounds, and it gives me good feedback about my technique (hitting a drum bacly will trigger the keysound correctly, but will sound "off" in real life). In the arcade, I can also hear the sound of hitting the pads alongside the music and keysounds.

Playing with a real kit also makes me want to play the game more "correctly" (as in using open/closed hi-hat appropriately (the game doesn't care which I use) and differentiating between crash and ride cymbal hits - though the kit is configured for DM so that they all count as a cymbal hit regardless of which I use), but then again I dabble with playing the drums (though admittedly I'm not that great a drummer, though I played with DJ Damien at a one-off live gig a few years ago :p).
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-02-06 04:49:04pm 15.1 years ago

Offline stsung
stsung Avatar Member
127 Posts
Czech Republic
Reg. 2008-09-29

thanks, well you replied to my question.^_~.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 8% · Server Time: 2024-03-28 11:21:29
This page took 0.005 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishus
Reset Theme & Language