Logo

Clarence Pier Extravaganza - Potential ITG tournament, Mid-April!

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-01-15 03:01:18am 15.2 years ago

Offline Wildfireskunk
Wildfireskunk Avatar Member
19 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-10-30

Crossposted on DDR:UK as well.

Righty guys, Portsmouth ITG2 is getting a bit lonely after a quiet winter, and needs a bit of love! As such I'm currently working on plans for a post-easter ITG2 tournament down south. The pads will be immaculate after my next visit there, and I'm thinking the included songs for this tournament will be ITG1, ITG2, ITG3, ITG Rebirth, and a handful of good and interested originals (some from UK stepchartists too I'm hoping!).

I'm wondering what kind of interest I can pull together. I'm trying to arrange cheap local accomodation for the weekend since this will be a 2/3 day thing (friday till sunday/monday), and maybe some spaces in peoples local residencies. Entry fee of a tentative £10 for the entirety of the tournament with the pot being split for prizes for the top 4.

I'm looking for a full 32-man double elimination bracket... I'll be updating this thread over the next couple of days as I chat to some people about it with more specifics, but for now I'd like to see if people will come to this. I'm looking for people from all over the place to make this a great weekend of dance game fagging and awesome times out, so don't let me down! Show your interest people Big Grin

EDIT: Looking to move this either a week forward (easter weekend) or a week back (schooltime has begun), as If it's held on the weekend above I've just been informed that we'll be unable to use Realathletes pub for the duration of the event due to it being booked for something else that weekend. Which sucks, as it's a pub, with drinks, entertainment, and lots of possible sleeping space! Thus, how does 11th-12th sound? Or the 25th-26th?

SECOND ROUND OF OPINIONS PLEASE.
Coming soon...

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-01-15 03:11:07am 15.2 years ago

Offline Dancefreak
Dancefreak Avatar Member+
340 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2006-08-12

Id do it if it wasnt for the fact i live such a long damn way away and i hate travelling and packing all the time unless its for a REAL good reason so im on the fence here depends who else shows interest and whether or not im available at the time Tongue

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-01-15 03:15:47am 15.2 years ago

Offline Brazen
Brazen Avatar Member+
450 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-06-14

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0062-1793
Im in, presuming Tomthejuggler is in!
http://brazen.zenius-i-vanisher.com/other/teampear.png

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-01-16 07:04:01am 15.2 years ago

Offline Wildfireskunk
Wildfireskunk Avatar Member
19 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-10-30

@ Kris - The major thing I'm going to try and pimp here (other than the hopefully hefty prizes!) will be a huge community turnout for the weekend, and good times! The main thing is that it's in Portsmouth, but I'm hoping that generous car pooling + Megatrains will mean people from afar will be happy to come down. I mean, let's be serious here. It's a couple of hours travel for what should be a really awesome weekend if the numbers pickup!

As I said though, more info coming up tomorrow more than likely Smile

First post has been edited a little, read and comment please Smile
Coming soon...

Post #5 · Posted at 2009-01-19 01:39:03am 15.2 years ago

Offline Katieee
Katieee Avatar Member
1 Post
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-01-03

EDIT: Ricky_85 signed in on my girlfriends account lol >.<

Facebook group for Portsmouth ITG2 Tourney

Link so that everyone is informed. This will also be a great way to post up numerous ideas/questions that anyone cares to have.

I have invited pretty much everyone I know relating to ddr, Im hoping to get ahold of a few other players that arent active online (Y)

Heres hoping for a godly turnout!
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-19 17:05:24
This page took 0.006 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language