Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-01-13 04:17:34am 15.2 years ago

Offline RTCB
RTCB Avatar Member
197 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-15

"Killing multi-colored snails!"
If so, I have quite a few things that may (in all likelyhood it sure as hell will) or may not make your computer work better.

DISCLAIMER: I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PERFORM THE TASKS BELOW ATTEMPTS TO ANYWAY AND RUINS THEIR COMPUTER!!! IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING TASKS, DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDE!!!

Before you do ANYTHING ELSE, if your computer is properly licensed and you are able to UPDATE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM WITH OFFICIAL WINDOWS UPDATES, do so to the latest versions. Believe it or not, some of them DO help.

Once your OS is fully updated, open up your Control Panel and go to "Add/Remove Programs". Once the list is populated (created), write down all of the programs you recognize. Of these programs, cross off anything you (1) use, (2) installed yourself, (3) probably will use, (4) want to keep, or (5) pay/paid for. Delete all of the uncrossed off programs by clicking the uninstall option.

Now, take a look at the remaining programs. Of the programs you do not recognize, delete anything that pertains to the following:
Free stuff (music, videos, internet access...)
Trials (AOL, Earthlink, SBC Yahoo...)
Unnecessary components (Windows Media Center...)
Anti-Virus that came with your computer (Norton, McAffee...)

Honestly, you don't want to subscribe to AOL. If you're accessing this forum you obviously have your own internet connection. Windows Media Center is absolute crap and you have Windows Media Player anyway so I don't know why you need WMC. Free stuff is ALWAYS fake and ALWAYS not free unless you allow yourself to be bombarded with ad-mails. Norton Antivirus is just crap, as is McAffee. Any company willing to give you free trials is desperate for customers because all of the smart consumers realized their products are nothing but **** and probably don't work.

Now then, for anything else you aren't sure of, google it and find out what it is. Just click the first four links and browse over it to figure out if you want it or not. Make sure you don't kill yourself by killing the security updates for your OS -_-

With that done, if you don't mind having your pc look a little ghetto, do one or more of the following:
*Restore your interface to Windows 98/NT status
*Lower your graphical resolution as far as comfortable
*Reduce color quality to 16-bit
*Right-click your C:\ Drive and set the system parameters for best performance
*Remove ALL interface effects

You don't have to do all of it (I keep my color at 32-bit and my resolution is the highest setting), but it sure does help. There's no way this DOESN'T benefit a computer. In fact, the computer your using would probably have been 3-4 times its sale price if not for all that bloatware you just removed. Companies rely on users not knowing how to take their stuff out, so they don't mind paying for production costs if Microsoft puts their stuff in the computer.

Just remember, this isn't an in-depth guide in speeding up your computer. These are just the simple things you can do to make it "go faster".
In war, no matter what, killing is killing and no rules or morals can change that ~ Rubedo, the Crystal Blood
A non-violent pacifist will ultimately kill a hundred men just to save his own life ~ Albedo, the Resplendent Eclipse
There's no point in washing your hands if you're going to bloody them again anyway ~ Nigredo, the Black Dove
Even if I am inevitably going to die, I will still fight to live for as long as I possibly can ~ Citrine, the Dual Twilight

Click to see a Hardcore Gay picture.
What, you thought I was joking? Well, too bad. *evil laugh*
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 3% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 02:20:56
This page took 0.002 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language