Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2009-01-08 06:48:41am 15.3 years ago

Offline RTCB
RTCB Avatar Member
197 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-15

"Killing multi-colored snails!"
I remember hearing about a hack for ITG and ITG 2 from a friend of mine. Supposedly it bypassed the song limit by starting the ingame timer AFTER a song should end, so you could play a song that was as long as you wanted.

Forreal?

Versions? Anybody got it?

I don't want to staple a whole bunch of songs together, it's just that I have some songs that are 2 minutes, or some songs that I put videos to and they have to be "longer" than they actually are to sync the vid properly.
In war, no matter what, killing is killing and no rules or morals can change that ~ Rubedo, the Crystal Blood
A non-violent pacifist will ultimately kill a hundred men just to save his own life ~ Albedo, the Resplendent Eclipse
There's no point in washing your hands if you're going to bloody them again anyway ~ Nigredo, the Black Dove
Even if I am inevitably going to die, I will still fight to live for as long as I possibly can ~ Citrine, the Dual Twilight

Click to see a Hardcore Gay picture.
What, you thought I was joking? Well, too bad. *evil laugh*

Post #2 · Posted at 2009-01-08 07:11:12am 15.3 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
If you're talking about playing songs on an machine with r21, then your adjustments for the videos don't matter, because ITG doesn't load videos for custom songs.
For playing long songs, there's just program that modifies songs so that the game thinks they're only 1:45 instead of the real length. It doesn't actually shorten the song at all.
Link to patching program.
If that link doesn't work, I can upload it somewhere when I get home.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #3 · Posted at 2009-01-08 07:15:30am 15.3 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
Careful though, didn't r23 (or some update) make that little trick not work? It shouldn't be a problem, since I think most places just stayed at r21.

Post #4 · Posted at 2009-01-08 07:21:48am 15.3 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

Yes, the widely hated r23 patch made custom songs cut off at 2:30, regardless of stepchart of music file length.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #5 · Posted at 2009-01-08 09:05:44am 15.3 years ago

Offline Pandemonium X
Pandemonium X Avatar Member
10,358 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-04-06

Nintendo Network ID: PandemoniumEJPNintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2916-7192-8116
Quote: Kyzentun
Yes, the widely hated r23 patch made custom songs cut off at 2:30, regardless of stepchart of music file length.
In fact I think it's 1:30.Annoyed

Post #6 · Posted at 2009-01-08 09:18:04am 15.3 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

Quote: Pandemonium X
Quote: Kyzentun
In fact I think it's 1:30.Annoyed
No, it is not 1:30. I know from seeing videos of people playing on r23 machines, and they play the songs for 2:30.

Also, Kyle Ward has posted on his site that it's 2:30.

Post #7 · Posted at 2009-01-08 10:00:32am 15.3 years ago

Offline jbean3535
jbean3535 Avatar Member
554 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-21

It is 2:15. Yes, R23 DID enforce this limit due to people abusing the patches.

Post #8 · Posted at 2009-01-10 01:54:08am 15.3 years ago

Offline RTCB
RTCB Avatar Member
197 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-15

lol, audio stream cut-off. Regardless of content size, after 2 minutes and 15 or 30 seconds, the machine forcibly cuts data streams. I think the way around this would be to mask the custom song as an actual in-game song, but how you'd go about that is beyond me.

In any event, if it's still there I'm making a visit to the Oakridge Westfield. I think it's a 21 though, but if it's a 23 I won't even need the hack. Thanks for the link Kyzentun-san ^^

OH BTW, if I use the patch bypass on an r23 (which blocks it) will the song still work or do I need to have it in normal dwi?

I wish ITG allowed mp3 formats. I do have native oggs, but when I convert mp3s to ogg the poor quality degrades even further.

The guy who told me about it called himself Empathy. He was a particular fan of CAPTIVATE~Sabaki. He's off in college now. Anybody seen him around?

Err... how do you use this? *pokes the icon on his screen*
In war, no matter what, killing is killing and no rules or morals can change that ~ Rubedo, the Crystal Blood
A non-violent pacifist will ultimately kill a hundred men just to save his own life ~ Albedo, the Resplendent Eclipse
There's no point in washing your hands if you're going to bloody them again anyway ~ Nigredo, the Black Dove
Even if I am inevitably going to die, I will still fight to live for as long as I possibly can ~ Citrine, the Dual Twilight

Post #9 · Posted at 2009-01-10 02:03:48am 15.3 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

r23 doesn't keep you from playing patched songs, it just stops them when they reach the time limit.
If you have the stepfile in dwi format, and not sm format, it won't load at all. ITG only loads songs that have an sm.

If converting to ogg is degrading the quality, then you need to change the way you're converting them and find the option in the conversion program that lets you convert at higher quality.
Converting can make the song a bit off sync, but it's so small that you won't notice unless you typically ** or *** songs.

Post #10 · Posted at 2009-01-10 07:44:40am 15.3 years ago

Offline RTCB
RTCB Avatar Member
197 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-11-15

o.o Oh... Kay. Well, how do you use it anyway?

Post #11 · Posted at 2010-02-08 08:36:21pm 14.2 years ago

Offline Nathanwb
Nathanwb Avatar Member
18 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-10-25

"why do you hate me...?"
sorry for the bump again guys, but i need to bump cause i would very much so like to know how to work it...

is it just by dragging the song onto it or....?

thanks.... and yes. i know you guuys are gonna gimmie negative points Neutral

Green Grin
Big Grin Cool Shocked Confused Evil Sad Laughing Out Loud Roll Eyes Blushing Tongue Neutral Smile Happy Dead Surprised Laughing Hard Puppy Face Oops Annoyed Mad Evil Puppy Green Grin

i don't wanna post anymore.... no one lieks me.... Cry

look @ me youtube youtube.com/nathanwb if you want... Neutral

Green Grin <---This guy's AWESOME!!!!

also.... a big secret of mine is YOU LOST THE GAME

Post #12 · Posted at 2010-02-08 08:45:05pm 14.2 years ago

Offline DJjeff
DJjeff Avatar Member
522 Posts
United States
Reg. 2006-09-12

">Sad"
Quote: Nathanwb
sorry for the bump again guys, but i need to bump cause i would very much so like to know how to work it...

is it just by dragging the song onto it or....?

thanks.... and yes. i know you guuys are gonna gimmie negative points Neutral

Green Grin

To my knowledge, Hacking ITG to put custom songs, edits, ETC. require a good knowledge of the Linux operating system, which ITG runs off of, and i have no idea how to use it. Does anybody know how? Maybe you guys could teach him.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/DJjeff2007/DJjeff.pnghttp://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/DJjeff2007/DJjeffRelinquish.png
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/DJjeff2007/DJJeff1.png Thanks kp_centi!

Post #13 · Posted at 2010-02-09 08:59:28am 14.2 years ago

Offline Mercury
Mercury Avatar Member+
807 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2007-06-15

A USB cd-rom with an Ubuntu or Slackware boot CD will do in a lot of cases. Though, knowledge of the command line goes a LONG way and thus any current distro will do the job because the hardware is typical of a PC made in 2004/2005.
Though, if you're hacking an upgraded cab you will have to work blind unless the boot CD supports SSH or the monitor picture goes stable (usually odd and even lines are shown separately) at the text screens.

-5ing you for shits and giggles. Also this shit is NOT dead simple at all and it's really easy to fuck the drive up. plus with r21/r23 there's really not much point apart from banners and custom themes.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/ddrsig/1229.png?t=1299671484

Post #14 · Posted at 2010-02-18 08:23:45pm 14.1 years ago

Offline Nathanwb
Nathanwb Avatar Member
18 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-10-25

"why do you hate me...?"
i'm not actually hacking the machine, it's using this "ogg patch" thing...

on themes for things like openITG, it removes the "this counts as 2 rounds" thing, and i just need to know if this works in the arcade, in other words, i wanna get long stages, but only counting as one from USB, i've read about it in other places, so i figured i'd actually ask...

thanks Green Grin

Big Grin Cool Shocked Confused Evil Sad Laughing Out Loud Roll Eyes Blushing Tongue Neutral Smile Happy Dead Surprised Laughing Hard Puppy Face Oops Annoyed Mad Evil Puppy Green Grin

Post #15 · Posted at 2010-02-18 09:30:04pm 14.1 years ago

Offline Tyma
Tyma Avatar Member
2,309 Posts
Not Set
Reg. 2006-05-31

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1148-0077
Quote: Nathanwb
i'm not actually hacking the machine, it's using this "ogg patch" thing...

on themes for things like openITG, it removes the "this counts as 2 rounds" thing, and i just need to know if this works in the arcade, in other words, i wanna get long stages, but only counting as one from USB, i've read about it in other places, so i figured i'd actually ask...

thanks Green Grin

This isn't hacking, it's exploiting.

You can strip data from the OGG file, so that machines running the R21 software are tricked into thinking the song is 2:00 long, and let's you play longer songs. I think there's a .exe file going around that automaticaly does this.

It obviously fucks arcade owners over, though, so any version of the software more recent than R21 will fix the bug that allows you to do this. If your ITG title screen says something like "R21 Custom Songs enabled", then you can probably look on the internet for the exe file, or an explanation of what it does.

You'll probably get banned from most arcades for doing this, though, since it's using an exploit in the game to play for longer than the time limit that the arcade owner has set.

Post #16 · Posted at 2010-02-19 12:10:14am 14.1 years ago

Offline Nathanwb
Nathanwb Avatar Member
18 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2009-10-25

"why do you hate me...?"
aaahhhhh, now i got ya, i have the file already and have used it on the oggs, won't get banned from the arcade cause no one ues the thing and we're lik BFFLs lol. thanks, i FINALLY understand it Big Grin

Post #17 · Posted at 2011-01-03 09:25:59pm 13.3 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

Hi.
We have an r23....
Is there some possibility to play songs above the time limit (2:30?) on it?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Lucie.png

Post #18 · Posted at 2011-01-03 10:19:33pm 13.3 years ago

Offline AeronPeryton
AeronPeryton Avatar Member+
4,338 Posts
Japan
Reg. 2007-03-03

"Give me a steady beat."
Install the OpenITG patch.

http://www.openitg.com/

Go here for help if you get stuck: http://www.boxorroxors.net/

Post #19 · Posted at 2011-01-04 12:34:14am 13.3 years ago

Offline Lucie
Lucie Avatar Member
454 Posts
Germany
Reg. 2010-10-11

Mh I think they won`t allow me to install anything on the arcade....

Or will this work with just putting a usb stick in?
o_O
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/User%20Names/Lucie.png

Post #20 · Posted at 2011-01-04 04:38:55am 13.3 years ago

Offline 8ftmetalhead
8ftmetalhead Avatar Member
422 Posts
New Zealand
Reg. 2010-08-17

"Oh god what I have dooooone?!"
Nope.
You can do two things - use a r23 crack to remove the song limit, or yes, install OITG. Or revert the machine to r21.

I would suggest approaching the manager of the arcade and asking him if you can install it.
Tell him it's easily possible to revert the machine to stock if he doesn't like the results, (or if it doesn't work) but stress the different options and the like that OITG provides (like picking song length, size, timers, allowing custom mods, etc etc.

However, before you install OITG I would seriously suggest taking a full harddrive image of the machine and storing it as a backup.

The guys at boxorroxxors will help you out, they know far more about this stuff than people here
Smile

Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 5% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 20:56:17
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language