Advice...

Thread Locked Back To Forums

Post #1 · Posted at 2008-09-27 12:34:45pm 15.5 years ago

Offline adh2008
adh2008 Avatar Banned
317 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2008-02-17

So today, I saw this girl I knew way back from middle school (I go to a different high school than her though) and I had a crush on her and she was pretty hot. So anyways, we're talkin and she mentions how she broke up with her boyfriend and I was thinking jackpot. She then tells me that she works at the theater and gets free movies for her and a friend. Holy shit, double jackpot. So I save the offer to ask her out and we're talkin about her job and she asks me "Do you know dance dance revolution?" and im thinking if shes a ddr fan, im gonna marry her. I go "yeah, what about it?" and then she starts talking about how she hates it and how she has to force people out of the theater since they play ddr too long and how theyre losers. Pretty much, she hates it with a passion. So what would the general opinion here be? Girl or DDR? Keep in mind im at the arcades more than im at my house and I aint changing that.
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/1/12/Za_warudo_garfield.jpg/120px-Za_warudo_garfield.jpg

Post #2 · Posted at 2008-09-27 12:51:07pm 15.5 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
Girls will come and go, but DDR is forever.
Plus, if her opinion of DDR players is that they're losers, she'll probably think the same of you once you mention that you play it tons.

Oh, I should say that I have practically no experience with women though. Never asked a girl out in my life. Kissed one once.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #3 · Posted at 2008-09-27 12:54:13pm 15.5 years ago

Offline Ashura96
Ashura96 Avatar Member+
2,805 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-13

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8981-1256Game Center Nickname: Ashura_96
"shakeitdon'tbreakit"
Man, screw that bitch (not literally). She sounds like a preppy whore anyways.

You know sure you'd like to think your ideal girlfriend loves DDR as much as you do, but as long as you can get them to at least like it (as in my case)....but damn if she really hates it then forget her.

Post #4 · Posted at 2008-09-27 01:05:02pm 15.5 years ago

Offline DialBM
DialBM Avatar Member
861 Posts
Peru
Reg. 2008-06-08

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2004-6916
"Number 001"
If she doesn't respect your tastes, do you think she would be a good mate?... but, if you want to keep the secret...
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/iidxsig/3008.png?t=1213977589

Post #5 · Posted at 2008-09-27 01:05:45pm 15.5 years ago

Offline Pie-kun
Pie-kun Avatar Member+
6,172 Posts
United States
Reg. 2007-03-25

"On ZiV I'm like Princess Diana"
I have even less experience with girls than Kyzentun in that I don't even WANT to ask a girl out ;D.

*ahem* but on topic. The serious thing you need to ask yourself here is 'What do I want out of this relationship?'. Do you just sort of want a little fling for a few months? Do you just want a one night stand? Or do you truly think this could blossom into a serious long term committed relationship?

In any relationship there are going to be differences in likes and dislikes, it's unavoidable. If you're looking for a long term relationship here, you two are going to have to deal with the fact that she dislikes something that you really like. There's probably things that she really likes that you aren't too crazy about either. You both are going to have to make sacrifices in this area if you want the relationship to work. You're probably going to have to cut down on your DDRing while she's around, and she'll have to knock off doing certain things while you're around. If DDR is what's going to break you two apart, then maybe that's a sign that things aren't very strong between you two? If she doesn't care enough about you to break up because you won't stop playing DDR, then that shows she obviously doesn't have very much love for you. And if you aren't willing to cut back on playing DDR while she's around, then perhaps that shows that you don't have very much love for her? Or maybe you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion, and she was just letting off some steam about the kids that play there all day and could really care less about whether her boyfriend likes it?

Life if too short and love is too hard to find to focus that much on DDR in your relationship.

Post #6 · Posted at 2008-09-27 01:17:35pm 15.5 years ago

Offline adh2008
adh2008 Avatar Banned
317 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2008-02-17

Well, you guys pretty much voiced my initial thought of screw her, stick with ddr. At first I was thinking of just getting a one night stand and then dumping her but talking to her ex it seems shes way to involved and stuff. While im gonna kick myself for letting someone that hot get away, im pretty sure theyll be a chick in the arcades one of these days...

Quote: piepiepie75

In any relationship there are going to be differences in likes and dislikes, it's unavoidable. If you're looking for a long term relationship here, you two are going to have to deal with the fact that she dislikes something that you really like. There's probably things that she really likes that you aren't too crazy about either. You both are going to have to make sacrifices in this area if you want the relationship to work. You're probably going to have to cut down on your DDRing while she's around, and she'll have to knock off doing certain things while you're around. If DDR is what's going to break you two apart, then maybe that's a sign that things aren't very strong between you two? If she doesn't care enough about you to break up because you won't stop playing DDR, then that shows she obviously doesn't have very much love for you. And if you aren't willing to cut back on playing DDR while she's around, then perhaps that shows that you don't have very much love for her? Or maybe you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion, and she was just letting off some steam about the kids that play there all day and could really care less about whether her boyfriend likes it?

The thing about cutting back is im way too into DDR. When im not at school, im playing in the arcades and when im not there, im playing with someone else and if not, then im playing in my house. Laughing Hard I gotta find someone who at least tolerates it. It was so much easier back in the day when I had no clue what DDR was. Laughing Out Loud
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/1/12/Za_warudo_garfield.jpg/120px-Za_warudo_garfield.jpg

Post #7 · Posted at 2008-09-27 01:18:49pm 15.5 years ago

Offline DialBM
DialBM Avatar Member
861 Posts
Peru
Reg. 2008-06-08

"Number 001"
Well, I dont think she will hate him just for playing DDR, unless Jhongerkong pay more attention to DDR than on that girl.

EDIT: you think fast C:

Post #8 · Posted at 2008-09-27 01:30:06pm 15.5 years ago

Offline adh2008
adh2008 Avatar Banned
317 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2008-02-17

Quote: DialBM
Well, I dont think she will hate him just for playing DDR, unless Jhongerkong pay more attention to DDR than on that girl.

EDIT: you think fast C:

lol. The sad part is, I probably will Big Grin

Post #9 · Posted at 2008-09-27 01:34:09pm 15.5 years ago

Offline AnxD
AnxD Avatar Member
1,217 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-01-01

"Ready!?"
Hit-and-run-sex, my friend. Finish up and leave the whore.

Post #10 · Posted at 2008-09-27 01:47:22pm 15.5 years ago

Offline DialBM
DialBM Avatar Member
861 Posts
Peru
Reg. 2008-06-08

"Number 001"
it's not that easy, she just broke up with her her boyfriend, you will understand... unless you are joking.
but miracles happens, BUT he said he will forget her, say good bye to the sex from now, dude. C¦

Post #11 · Posted at 2008-09-27 07:26:40pm 15.5 years ago

Offline mageman17
mageman17 Avatar Member
2,102 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-15

"MAGGLE"
I guess you can give her a try. Try re-introducing her to DDR. Tell her that not all the DDR players in the world or at least america are jerks. I'm afraid you'll have to give attention to her first before DDR.

You didn't exactly tell us how much of a loser those jerks are that play in that theater. Those are just my opinions though.
http://i.imgur.com/wX5XjLU.png

Thank you so much, Lord Toon!

Post #12 · Posted at 2008-09-27 07:41:42pm 15.5 years ago

Offline DancingNinja2010
DancingNinja2010 Avatar Member
8 Posts
United Kingdom
Reg. 2008-05-29

This is probably why I'm happy the way I am, single and free. Been single for 7 years? So what. At least I try to enjoy life. The point I'm making is don't just dive into a relationship just to fill a particular void. There's more to life then relationships y'know. Wink

If you're still intent on going out with her perhaps you could ask her if she still hates DDR or if she was merely blowing off some steam. Assuming the former is the case then you can think to yourself "Right, she hates something I've heavily into and will probably throw a hissy fit if I do it in front of her.". Then forget about her. I personally wouldn't go out with someone who hates something I love to pieces. On the other hand if she was blowing off some steam then go for it; I'm sure she'll get used to DDR eventually and may even take part in it herself. Surprised

EDIT:
Quote: mageman17
Try re-introducing her to DDR. Tell her that not all the DDR players in the world or at least america are jerks. I'm afraid you'll have to give attention to her first before DDR.
Well said! I blaim the elitists for being jerks. Tongue Also
You didn't exactly tell us how much of a loser those jerks are that play in that theater.
That's a fair point actually. It could be that all the people who go there are jerks who are therefore not representive of the whole DDR community. Heck I'm damn sure that not everyone who plays ITG is an elitist moron.

Post #13 · Posted at 2008-09-27 08:13:49pm 15.5 years ago

Offline mageman17
mageman17 Avatar Member
2,102 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-15

"MAGGLE"
Actually, I didn't know if my advice was good since I'm a hopeless romantic and I have just been dumped by a girl in one of my classes.

I could actually give a lot of reasons how a DDR player could be a jerk (why am I whoring out that word today?) in other people's eyes, but like I said tell us how much of a loser they are, unless she didn't tell you how, in that case, do not ask her that yet.

Post #14 · Posted at 2008-09-28 12:47:09am 15.5 years ago

Offline Kyzentun
Kyzentun Avatar Member
3,209 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-20

"I'm honestly pissed off."
Quote: AnxD
Gotta love it when a woman responds with something completely callous.
silenttype01: Kyzentun is never harsh. He says it how it is.

GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Post #15 · Posted at 2008-09-28 02:02:52am 15.5 years ago

Offline adh2008
adh2008 Avatar Banned
317 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2008-02-17

You didn't exactly tell us how much of a loser those jerks are that play in that theater. Those are just my opinions though.

The thing is, they arent losers; I actually play with some of them. She just says theyre losers. Kinda like how some people think cosplayers are losers without actually talking to them and such.

Quote: Kyzentun
Quote: AnxD
Gotta love it when a woman responds with something completely callous.

Laughing Hard

Post #16 · Posted at 2008-09-28 08:51:21pm 15.5 years ago

Offline roy2009xedit
roy2009xedit Avatar Member
5,221 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-02-10

"jubeat knit one, purl two"
If you really like her, you should be honest and hope she understands. Don't repeat my mistake by avoiding the topic for a long time.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/lordtoon/Random/roy2009xedit.pnghttp://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Oni-91/Kawaii%20Rangers/037.png

Post #17 · Posted at 2008-09-28 09:15:27pm 15.5 years ago

Offline mageman17
mageman17 Avatar Member
2,102 Posts
Philippines
Reg. 2008-06-15

"MAGGLE"
OMG, that's a cliche. All I can say is re-introduce her to DDR.

Post #18 · Posted at 2008-10-01 10:01:10am 15.5 years ago

Offline Bolt-Edge
Bolt-Edge Avatar Member
2,361 Posts
United States
Reg. 2008-06-03

"No."
2 days late, darn.

Start making out with her and slowly make your way towards the machine, then quickly put in credits and start playing Sexy Planet.

Humping is necessary for this technique to work. UH! UH! UH! UH!

But in all seriousness, just say you like DDR and see what happens. If she's that close-minded, then it's not worth it.

Your single friend,
Bolt-Edge
A̷̴̷͎̣̪̯̰̺͕͕̦͙̙̥͚̤͔̺̰ͭ̃ͯ͆̋ͨͧͩ̏̓̓ͨͤͨ̈ͫ͗̎͢ͅw̷̳̯̠̥ͦ̇̽̀̀ͩͯ͆̈̎̾͛̏͒͑ͩ̑͑͡ͅa̵̯̤̗͈̞̱͎͔͕͖͈̤͎͓͍̝͈̍͌̆ͨͤ̏͆͛̕͢ͅk̸̢͇̫̳̖̥̣̜̤̟̫͓̝̙̰̮ͪ͗̔ͣͧͩ͊̅̒̏̆͜ͅȩ̵̴̻̻͈͇̣͎͈͈͖̮̪͎̻͉̀ͣͭ̔ͮͭ̈́̎͑̽͌ͯͮ̑̉͑̀͘͞n̙͚̫͈̻̰͓͂͆ͣ̉ͬͯͩ͌ͤ̎͗̂̅͊̎ͥ̒́͢͟͠ͅ ̡̄̇̐̏ͦ͑̋͒̍̀ͯ̍̆͌̄̚҉̵͏̣͕̺͈̤̣̱͉̥̗̲̙̟̩̗̪̳̦̹m̵̵̖̭̺̰̭̣ͧ̑̌̔ͩ͡y͋̇̃̎̚͜҉̠͚̺̣̯̟͖̙͉̘̞̥͙̼̯͉̬ͅ ̶̸̬̝̥̦̫̦͓̗͚̈́̆͊̉ͤͤ̿͡C̷̛̣̳͕͔̳̤̬̻̩͍̝͙̹̏̿̔͊ͪ̓̂̎͝ͅḩ̷̤͈͙̫̾ͤ̌ͩ̽͌͑̾ͩ̓̄͢ȋ̵̧̙̲̪̱͓͉̟̾ͬ̊̅ͧ͆̀͟͜l̢͕͚̺̰̘̠̜̼̪̥͔̪̤̫͇̟̏̇̆͛͌ͥͪ̐͋ͨ̈̾͐̑̏͘͘͟d̢̨̙̩̣̞̫̞̖͕͎̄ͦ͂ͪͭ͛̔̿͋̄̔̐̒ͥ̚̕͟͜ ̶̨͓̯̫̹͉͚̬͕̙̦̰͗͌̽ͪ͡ͅͅAͩͤ̍̔ͦ͋͑ͫ̐̓̿̈́ͬͨͭ͏̸͕͈̥̮͇͖̼̝̺̤̩͙̲̙̭̖͡͠ͅn̢̟͔̰̬̦̹͑͑̌͒͑̉́́ḑ̶̵̨̮̘̩̗̘̪̮̬̤̙͖̺̭̖͖͍͈͓̯͑͒̐̍͛ͧ̊̔ͫ̇͟ ̣̻͉͙̯̺̔͋ͣ̾ͤ̌̿̕̕͜ͅȩ̎ͤ̌́ͣ̇̃͋ͨ̀ͩͦ̔̎̿͟͏̡̯̞͎̳͈̘̺͍̯̳̥̳͡m̵̶̨͎̘̗̩̗̩̠̦̮̼͈͖̹̼͇͆̅ͤ̈́̊̊̏ͪ̾̂ͅb̧̧̨͚̞̯̤̻ͥͩ͐̉̾́r̨͚͎̜͓̲̥̤̜̤͙̫ͨͤ̆͋͒̑ͧͯ̎̚͘͜ͅa̴̋̽ͦͨͤ͑ͮ́̚͜͏̯̪̰̞̩͙̳͈̖͎̘̞͇̥͇̫c̴̢̣̝͖̭̬̫̻̩̆̉͂̓ͯ̔̽͑̌͊̌ͦ́͢ę̦͚̜̟̻͕̻̖̰̱̞̱̹̣̪̭̙ͦ̆ͦ͗̾̂ͪ͑̋̎̎̃̄ͬ͗͗̋̀ ̝̯̹̻̩͚̱͚̽̈́͂ͭͮͤ͘t̥͎̫̘̫̫̰͈͔̔̓̅̇̌̑̈́̒ͯ͌͐̎̀̅͑̆́ͅh̡̆̍ͬ̿̈́͊̄̌̃́̄͑̅̏ͤ͏̬̙̦͉̭͈̝͎̩̦͎̮̬̀ę̸̞̼̲̫̯̪͈̉͑͒̏ͭ͊̀̿̚ ̶̨̨̛̣͓̻̰̭̰̮͎̲̦̲͐̑̒ͥͯ̈͌̌̆͛g̛͉̫̼̙̩̤̦̣̖̙̹̮̳̾̿͌̐ͥ̈ͩͫ̚̕͜͡͠lͫ͆̄͋ͥ̂͛̀̚͏̸͕̦̥̗̦̻͇̜͎̹͎̺ͅơ̸̶̢͍͔͖̞͙͚̺̹̩͙̹͉͔ͣ̔ͤ̐ͧ̈̇̂̍ͯ̚ͅr̸̸̛̰̺̩͍̼̪͚̟̱͔̯̈͒̊̀ͭͦ͘y̧ͯ͛͋ͣ̐͆̉̅ͤ͐̂̓͊̕͏̵̪̪̦̩̼̣͔̦̪͎̗͔̮̻̞͖̕ ̡͉̺̲̘̖̲͚̭̲̜̦̞̪̗̤̹̱̲͚̇̽ͯͤ͜ṯ̹̲̖̦̝̮̲͓̲͉̘͛̓̆̽̇̓̈́̄ͧͨ̋͗͘͞͞ḩ̛̜̺̞̼͙̫͍̭̟̯̳̱̻͖͚͊͋̉ͥ̉ͤ̇ͨ̄̉ͨ̏̃̂ͅͅa̢̞̞̗͔̥̟͉̝̺̼̺̮̓̈ͥͪ͗ͧͭ̓́̀͘ͅt̛̥͉̘̣̳́̔͗͛ͦ̆̾͆͂̋ͧ̈ͥ̋̉͝ ̻̲͔͍̪͚̠̠̣̳̟̱̲̤̥͎͓̲̐̑̾͗̄̉̆̊ͤ̇͌̒ͦͥ̚̚͡͠i̴̛̩͓͖̹̥̹̣̥̼̼̮̠͋̅̆̐̎ͫ̒͊ͦ̏̐͌̈͂̐͌̿̚͞ş̜̗̩͖̻̺͉̜̝̯̟̺̰̭̥̟͖̳̈́̆̋̂ͣ̚͟ͅ ̥͔͔͖̰̙̰̬͕̲̞͓̤̎ͭ̌̎ͩͧͤ͗ͮͯ̾̔̑̈̂͘y͑͒̌ͬ̽̌ͧ͗̄̎͟͏͕̰̫̫͈͚̤̫̙o͆͗̓͐͒̏̀̿ͫ̾̑̈́̓ͧ̚̚҉̷̟̼̮̺̠͕͈͔̣̮̬̥̣͙͙̲̖̹͕͢͡͠u̠̳̱̩͚̩̮̖̩̝̗̫͖̞̲͕̞ͥ̎͑͗ͥ̍ͩͫͤ͑̔̎͑̒ͦ̒́͜͡r̢͈̝͔͎̤̝̻̝͉̻̻͉̰ͬ̍́ͤ͆͑ͩͦ̋ͮ̋̓̅ͬͫ̃̕ ̸̵̶̶̣͍̭̞̪̫͕̞̬̞̙̭̦͚̗͚̏͛̑̎̐͊͛̒̃ͭ̄̄ͬͩ͡b̶̴͎̳̰̫̞͔̰̰̺͉̻̮̲̪̜̏̽͋̓̐͌̋ͬ̊̽͋͋̈̀̓̀̆͜͢͞ͅi̛ͦ̒ͥ̕͜͞҉͓͖̲r̟̺̗̤̘̟̋ͦͪ̾̿͒̇̒̋ͩ̅͒ͮͫ̑͘͠ť̷̴̉̽ͫͩ̏͊ͬ͂͑̅ͥ͐́̅͗҉͏̣͉̦̜͢ͅh̵͎͙̲̰̳̯͖̄̿̉͑̎̾̎͑͗̍͑̾̐͊́ ̫̻͕̳̤͓͔̞̯̈́͌̇̅ͮ̒͛ͣ̀͝r̴̸͈͔͉̤̻̘̱̹̹̺̻͚̙͖͆̐͐ͯͩ͊ͭ̾̌̃̑ͯ̇͠i͎͔̥̬̜̝̝͚̤̪̖͈̙̞ͭͪ̿ͧ͗̀ġ̞̲̮̣̼͍̹̞͔͇̘ͬ̏͛̆ͪ̒̆́̕h̾ͣͤ̃̔ͬ͊̐ͬ̃̋̓ͦ̓͋͌͗̿͏̢̦͔̰̤͍̻̭̬̺̬̥̹͔͍͎ͅṯ̶̢̛̭̻̹͎̝̘̳̞̫̣̝̑̌̊̊͆̒͆̀͘͞

Post #19 · Posted at 2008-10-01 11:09:30am 15.5 years ago

Offline adh2008
adh2008 Avatar Banned
317 Posts
Australia
Reg. 2008-02-17

Yeah, pretty much after a small date, she wanted to hang out for another day but I told her im at the arcades alot so it would have to be there. So she tells me to only go there once a week so that the rest of the time, we could hang out Shocked and I was thinking bitch please, but I just told her that the sirens song known as the arcade was too strong and I told her we should just stay friends.
Thread Locked Back To Forums

0 User(s) Viewing This Thread (Past 15 Minutes)

©2006-2024 Zenius -I- vanisher.com -5th style- IIPrivacy Policy
Web Server: 4% · Database: 4% · Server Time: 2024-04-26 11:13:40
This page took 0.014 seconds to execute.
Theme: starlight · Language: englishuk
Reset Theme & Language